Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] Alpereum - Professional Ether Pool [0% FEE] [VARDIFF]  (Read 11908 times)
kodiak1120

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

I'm confused.  When will they payout?  I still have 0.19 and I haven't been paid.  The message talks about a new port (3002)...  do I need to switch to that port and mine some?  I've already switched to Nanopool, so I'd rather not switch back.
AlainC

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

3002 is the standard port since they closed Vardiff
In the past few days there has been several periods of downtime on the stratum servers, not just the website. This has been due yet again to a private networking issue in relation to our main stack of servers in Europe that host very crucial items like the main database which all locations communicate with. We are currently working with a network engineer from the data center and several others to ensure there is a permanent resolution to the problem. We’ve been assured that any switch out of faulty networking equipment will be done in such a away that it will not interrupt the server stack. We understand this is bad timing, and we thank you for your patience.
Due to the increased network difficulty and user request, we’ve lowered the minimum payout to 0.05 ETH on Port 3002. Your previous balance will be rolled into the new minimum, there is nothing you need to do or change on your end.

The pool fee has officially been increased from 0% to 0.2%. This will allow us to maintain our server infrastructure to keep up with the demand. The recent growth is exciting, and we are planning ahead to make sure that our miners have the smoothest overall mining experience possible.

For the past 10 months Alpereum has been proud to offer our Variable Difficulty (VARDIFF) ports to public miners. On other Ether pools, VARDIFF is not do-able because it is easily exploitable. Alpereum staff created custom monitoring software that would auto ban any worker attempting to submit a share on a higher difficulty than intended. Making the exploit almost impossible. However, the amount of share data we must keep in our databases is growing exponentially with the demand and it is not maintainable any longer. We’ve removed VARDIFF altogether, and the 4000 ports that worked on VARDIFF will now redirect your miner automatically to port 3002.

I'm furious of my loses, unfair after so hard work and busy night on my rig, but I can imagine that what it their feeling if their network crashed as they say, after their hard work and busy days on their infrastructure.
Harmonikas

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:43:45 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 05:59:04 PM by Harmonikas

Hi AlainC,

Don't be crazy man, they will say again and again what we want to hear or "This is not our fault", really?! My grandmother got servers and she is sysadmin, she got sick and she lost bit-coins wallet with 70 000 000$ on it, this is kind of story they try to sell. First of all they make you look and feel like ass, because you will write to their support, they will not answer directly on your question, and in the end you will get answer, "stay if you want or take you GPU's and move it, we don't care". That is not what people "sign in" when they look for good pool.

Just small part of their bull s*** (mods, sorry for my words here)

"However, over a period of a week or two the payout should even out, thus your balance would be the same as any other pool. These luck swings are part of the reason why centralization is such a huge problem in mining."

What the hell you are talking about, other pools with 3000 miners (like was yours) don't have any of your issues and less fees and lower payouts. Because of that they are part of pool centralization, and not Alpereum.

From answer(s) I got, i don't trust them any word, and anymore. It's the end and I will say that loud here and all over mining most popular places, don't ever work with them if you want to get invested money on your hardware and kWh.

Only this morning i was on 1300 shares, server goes down, all up again, i didn't have time to check how many shares I mined, and all goes down again, seriously.

When is too much, it's too much.

EDIT:

Before i posted my message i got 2nd one from them, I asked to get my coins, and to add coins for period I lost on their pool:

"You are confusing Alpereum with a PPS (Pay-Per-Share) mining pool. Alpereum is a proportional payout model pool, shares are not paid in advance. A block must be found during the round in order for your balance to be credited. "

Again, really?: You are lost in this world dear Alpereum.
kodiak1120

Activity: 220

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:15:22 PM

For the record, they paid me my 0.19 ETH.  I'm switching for now though.
stylius

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:20:19 PM

For the record, they paid me my 0.19 ETH.  I'm switching for now though.

Did you request that from the support or did you somehow trigger it from the pool? I'm still waiting for similar amount, but nothing happens.
Harmonikas

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:23:22 PM

For you man from their support

"Of course, the minimum payout is currently set at 0.05 so your account does meet the minimum requirements. We've actually reduced the payout interval to 15 minutes temporarily so that all of the backlogged transactions get pushed through in a timely manner. We like to process 20 transactions per interval, that way we can ensure that all transactions properly broadcast onto the blockchain."

This can take time from what we know about them.

Good luck.
opusdigitus

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:31:44 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:21:27 PM by opusdigitus

I see they are advertising 0.05min payout on the site now which is good news.

And, to be fair, they just paid me.
Harmonikas

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:43:29 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 06:01:09 AM by Harmonikas

Hi opusdigitus,

I can say only that you are lucky, 4h and 0 payouts here. And nothing good to be seen here, Hashrate: 69.26 GH from 170 this morning. When they are payed, people just move. From moment they said we pay from 0.05, 150 miners, some big, moved away. That is good, hope they are going to learn something from this and start new pool. Wish them all the best, but this was not well made project. Not in long term.

EDIT: 12h and not paid. And all goes down, when people are paid, they just move. From 3000 miners and good pool to dead pool:

Hashrate: 59.00 GH
Miners: 980
AlainC

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:23:43 AM

I got paid.
Goodbye, good luck to rebuild trust if they are honest.
If they are not honest, it is very very risky in Switzerland. Probably they just screwed up, lost much money, clients, and image...
I hope for them they will move to pay per share with a standard fee, so they can pay for their unavoidable downtime..
Harmonikas

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:27:39 PM

Hi,

I got paid and moving to ethermine. After only 20h '0.04027 ETH' and one week with alpereum 0.16 eth, guess that say all about them and that you can earn almost x2 with other pools. The end!
vearns

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:09:03 AM

I used nicehash to join this pool.
At my worker statistic page, https://www.alpereum.ch/worker/?address=0x5f66f2c93563288cd09f0151f1797838e8687b8f
It said, they have paid 0.14 Ether to my wallet.
When I checked on my wallet, the fund is not there.

So, to double check the transaction, I clicked on payout transaction, https://www.etherscan.io/tx/0xda9f2ff2733da703dc10ccbeadf888c6106ab1ee07e8608acb883ad3ed53c470
It said, Unable to locate Transaction entry

Am I have been cheated?
Or is it some kind of delay?
vearns

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:37:25 AM

i am still not getting paid
last found block was 7 hours ago
damn...
AlainC

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

today huge queue on ETH according to nanopool.
maybe related.
krallkain

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:52:40 PM

What is going on with this pool? Frontend was down for 8 hours, no information, and it seems like we submitted 8 hours worth of shares that went into nothing.
Havane

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:46:48 PM

What is going on with this pool? Frontend was down for 8 hours, no information, and it seems like we submitted 8 hours worth of shares that went into nothing.

Same problem today
senya2k

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

http://fastpic.co/image/Pglcrf
wtf? may be time to pays?
senya2k

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:33:54 AM

fantastic scam pool
http://fastpic.co/image/PgrEnp
senya2k

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:31:07 PM

Block statistics are not displayed again. It means again without a reward for the miners
entity279

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

Now I'm also getting Stratum errors..

I've tried today to give the pool yet another chance and seems I can't even mine. I was used to the backend having almost daily downtimes but apparently it can get worse for this pool Sad
dirtriderdan

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:01:36 AM

Last block 7 days ago.  Proportional payout.  hmm...moving right along...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: