Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Transaction  (Read 307 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:21:17 PM

Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1499501.msg15093898#msg15093898 for background info.

Quick synopsis...

The other member wanted PP to Bitcoin.  Her sent me 50 Euros to my Paypal and the transaction was taking too long, so i told him to start a refund through Paypal because I was not near a computer and driving.  Later I saw the amount on hold and assumed he had done as I advised him.  He continued to say that he never did a refund request and yet the funds are on hold on my end, without any active case or dispute.  He is in Europe and I am USA.  I thought he requested the refund and that Paypal was investigating and was going to call them and try to hurry it along, but no dispute is there to discuss with them. 

I was replying to another message from the other member when it hit me what may be happening....here is the text of that message....

I did not do the dispute.  I assumed you did.  The odd thing is that the transaction is holding, as if under dispute, but I have no dispute cases, active or otherwise.  The very bad thing that could be going down is a hold directly from Paypal, based on the fact that you are in some mid European country and I am in the USA.  Add to that the fact that I get so many transactions from different people and almost immediately move the money to a different account may be raising suspicion on their part.

Listen carefully.  If this is the case and they contact you asking about this transaction, I built a website for you and you paid $50.  You have the files, sent to you via email and all is fine.  The website has not been deployed and we met on a forum about web design, not on bitcointalk.org.

If they ask you, this transaction has nothing at all to do with BTC, bitcoins, altcoins or cryptocurrency, FIAT exchagnge or anything to do with currency.  You paid me for a website that I built you and you are very happy.  DO NOT MENTION bitcoins.  I will call them later in the day and see what the deal is.

No matter what....I will handle this and make sure you get your funds.  If not directly from Paypal, then one way or another.  I have had Paypal hold transactions before for security reasons, but usually large transactions.  Of course, with all the altcoin shit, they are surely getting skippy and I immediately moved the funds to an account that then funded a similar transaction on virwox.
\
This may be the end of the line for Paypal and Bitcoin.  At least the beginning of the end.  Or they just don't like my transaction and are holding funds for a day or two.  Either way, I will take care of you in the end.  Posting a copy of this message to both the accusation thread and a new thread about Paypal to keep people posted.

The other member seems ok, although concerned and I do not see anything that would show him pulling Paypal shit.  If he was fighting for his money back, I would have a dispute.  So, I cannot touch it, he cannot touch it.  Two possibilties,

1. a standard Paypal hold for security because I have around two thousand transactions there per month and I do get holds, but usually if the amount is very large or moderately large on a new client. 

2. A new type of Paypal hold designed to stop Bitcoin exchanges.  My very next transaction was to Virwox for $55.  They go through Skrill, but the end point is obvious.  The funds were there after six minutes for me to transfer to Virwox, but then suddenly there was a hold.  If this is the case, I will take care of the guy in the end.  Too early to help now, because I might send funds and then have the $50 refunded.  From now on, I wlll be going Paypal to PP credit card to Virwox, just in case.  This could be the beginning of the end for Paypal and Bitcoin exchanges, at least until we configure a new method.  If I am right, I would see PP block transaction to that Skrill account that Virwox uses and then I will just have to tranfer directly to Skrill from PP and then to Virwox.  Let's face it, Virwox is the most anonymous exchange for FIAT and Bitcoin that I know of that does not use outside members.  They can be slow and put very little info on the transaction til the end.  They are pricey and you have to move ten bucks at a time both ways, meaning the initial deposit should be around $12 and not ten, so that the second transaction, minus fees stays above ten.  But, in the end, quick and clean BTC to FIAT and vice versa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: