Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will hit $50 this month.  (Read 7708 times)
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

Will reaching 50$ have some kind of special impact in speculators decisions? In other words, are the chances of a bubble bursting when we break a round number (such as 50, or 100) higher than reaching any other price?

$50 is a large psychological barrier. Lots of people are willing to take profits here. Just look at the depth chart.

True, but once a psychological barrier is broken, buying usually intensifies (because of the holdback). Sorta like when making love... well, that's a different story.

Not really...because if it busts over $50 and keeps going all the way back up toward the $1ks, I'm totally having an orgasm.  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:19:03 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I don't really see how it can go down - Bitcoin seems to have evolved and many of the problems such as hackers taking off with very large chunks of BTC from exchanges and crashing prices seem to be a thing of the past ...
interesting...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I don't really see how it can go down - Bitcoin seems to have evolved and many of the problems such as hackers taking off with very large chunks of BTC from exchanges and crashing prices seem to be a thing of the past ...
interesting...
Karp stole the coins. There was no hack. Even a random guy like me can figure out how to set up an offline wallet, so can a billion dollar company.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:32:25 AM

So now that we're having these problems again, does that mean we shouldn't be above $50 anymore  Huh
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

So now that we're having these problems again, does that mean we shouldn't be above $50 anymore  Huh
It means we do not have "these problems" again. No hack, just a thief who appears to be getting away with it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:41:32 AM

But there were many hacks since then, even if you don't consider gox a hack (which I think it is, just in another meaning of the word "hack"). But really, $50 felt as something big, and after we crossed $200 shortly after, euphoria was at such high as if it was a baby jesus coming to life right before your eyes Smiley

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: