Author Topic: .  (Read 1680 times)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:31:09 PM

What is a safe percentage to invest into Bitcoin? How much of your net worth is currently in Bitcoin?

it depends on how much you want to risk and invest.
but i would say it should never be a big number and this doesn't only restricted to bitcoin but it is true about all the investments.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:46:56 PM

I have invested about 90% of my money into bitcoin because of the rising value of bitcoin in the coming months, I have invested that much amount because currently I do not need that money and so I decided to get some benefit from it.

However if someone ant to invest a percent of his wealth then I will recommend them to invest that much amount which they can, as leaving your money into fiat will not benefit you like bitcoin.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:11:43 PM

I usually do day trading but also have stored some value in pure bitcoin form after seeing this pre halving pump. SO currently i have 70% or even more of my total online assets or dollar in the form of bitcoin. Hope my decision and prediction are right.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:01:52 PM

What is a safe percentage to invest into Bitcoin? How much of your net worth is currently in Bitcoin?
ideal percentage for me,put 40% your asset to investment and use 30% for daily life,and then 30% for saving,its not bad for me,we should have plan and crate strategy for our economic lifecycle.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:23:06 PM

ideal percentage for me,put 40% your asset to investment and use 30% for daily life,and then 30% for saving,its not bad for me,we should have plan and crate strategy for our economic lifecycle.
well i guess people who live in different countries spend different amounts of their wage on daily needs for example in my country people spend around 60 $% on it so this would be impossible

i put 50 per cent of the money that is left from my wage to bitcoins, i hope that this will make me rich in the future as it is one of the best investments now that allows to earn money
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:53:56 PM

I like bitcoin but no way I would invest more then 15% of my assets into bitcoin. It seems to be too risky if you ask me.
I used to have a lot more but then i realized it can be quite risky so I started selling some coins.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:55:43 PM

Realistically 1-5% but I'm willing to bet most people on here have gone too far down the rabbit hole to have that small a proportion.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:41:21 PM

If you ask on a public forum full of strangers of what "should be" the best investment strategy I'd suggest you should not invest at all.

Asking people here will get you a myriad of different opinions which won't help you in any way to make a good decision. Investing requires the will to do one's own research and think for oneself. If you let other people do it for you, you will make decisions that are not really your own, which will lead to bad outcomes.

The simplest advice that I can offer here is: Don't invest more than you could afford to loose without emotional suffering.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:35:08 PM

a really low amount tbh, i cant risk putting more than 20% of my wealth into bitcoin. bitcoin is a fun hobby and all, but it is pretty risky. you can lose a ton of money in a matter of hours because of the price volatility.
icet208

Activity: 762

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:40:18 PM

never invest more that you can afford to losse. A 30% of investment capital would be optimal for bitcoin (just my opinion)
familiaverde

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:52:15 PM

I invested all my money in bitcoin , im ready to lose or win , time will tell .... i made a lot of bad decision in my life so if all goes bad ... this wont be my worst decision .... you guys can do what ever u want and many say "invest what u can afford to lose" ... i say that "you cannot win if you dont risk"
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:53:29 PM

That depends on your total income probably.

Its not wise to even invest 30-40% of your total assets into bitcoins.People should realize that its an experimental currency and there are numerous risks involves.Trading or investing a few bits around the exchanges is fine but not to a level where your half life revolves around it.Again,it depends on how monthly wages and what goes into the saving.A rough estimate of 5-8% of my savings should probably make it into the bitcoin wallets.We hate fiats but in the real world ,that is only used for survival.  

I invested all my money in bitcoin , im ready to lose or win , time will tell .... i made a lot of bad decision in my life so if all goes bad ... this wont be my worst decision .... you guys can do what ever u want and many say "invest what u can afford to lose" ... i say that "you cannot win if you dont risk"
Taking risk and playing dumb don't get along.Taking a risk is studying 10 questions out of 20 from the exam syllabus since you thought they seem more important and they're advised by the teacher too.Playing dumb is studying any random 10 questions from 20 without any reasons.Okay I suck at real life implications but get the point.
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:35:40 AM

At these levels, no more than 10%. VERY speculative investment. Case in point - folks who bought in at $1150 aren't too happy and many got wiped out on the Alt coins.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:55:58 AM

I find a 50/50 ratio to be the best and also the maximum option. 50% investments, which basically can be anything you think will give a good return. And the other 50% just you holding your savings money.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:25:40 AM

Personally, I would not put more than 10% of my total assets in bitcoin. Well, not right now. Bitcoin right now is among the instruments that help me increase my net worth little by little. I also put some eggs in stocks, mutual funds, company cooperative and bank deposits. That way, I am assured that I'll have my risks spread all over and that eliminates the risk of losing a big chunk in one big crash.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:36:25 AM

Unless you really know what you are doing (I do NOT include myself in that group), I would not have more than 1% - 2% of net worth in Bitcoin.  In my eyes, there are too many factors, Black Swans if you will, that could happen.  .gov is a major threat, and even a Black Swan...

So, yes, BTC is an interesting speculation, an interesting technology, but I would keep my holdings small, like I do (1%).

Gold at 5% or maybe more of net worth would be my other suggestion.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:27:19 AM

Eh, 25% of assets should be in Bitcoin. But it doesn't really matter, you should put as much as you are comfortable with into bitcoin.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:45:48 AM

I find a 50/50 ratio to be the best and also the maximum option. 50% investments, which basically can be anything you think will give a good return. And the other 50% just you holding your savings money.
Forgetting about those people that need to pay bills.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:16:37 AM

i think 30% will be enough. i think we should not keep all the eggs in one tray. we must put such investment in bitcoin as much we can bear the lost.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:25:50 AM

It entirely depends on you. As per your age you need to know your risk taking capability. If you are young, you may investment 30% of your invest-able surplus in to bitcoin.

Also bitcoin is a long term investment. So you have stay invested for long to get a good amount of profit. So accordingly take decision. Even though you can sell your investment anytime, but you may not fetch much profit in shorter term.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: