Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stuck at 22416 processed for a few days  (Read 636 times)
Jim (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:32:15 PM

synchronising with network stuck at "processed 224160 of #######" for a few days

is it broken?
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:46:14 PM

I just looked and it's still on 224160  Huh
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:44:40 PM

I just did a rescan, and it is still stuck at 224160 processed

is the bitcoin-qt.exe a failure?
what should I use instead?

why is it not working?
what is wrong with it?
why has it stalled?

Huh
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

The rescan has nothing to do with it.

Are you connected to the network? The client normally displays in the bottom right the amount of connections you have to the network. If you have none, it won't synchronize.
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

It says I have 11 connections

are they botmen?
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

still stuck on 224160 ............

the task manager says bitcoin-qt.exe is using zero CPU and the program does not appear to be downloading anything?HuhHuhHuh

what is it doing?
what is it waiting for?
why is there no explanation as to what this "synchronising with network" is?

I'm into the the 3rd day stuck on block 224160 ............

why won't it get past block 224160?
what is it waiting for?
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:50:46 PM

there is no clue as to what it is doing, what it is waiting for, why it is stuck .............................. Huh
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:16:58 PM

I have just tried MultiBit but it's given me a different address to the bitcoin-qt program

so how can you ever get at your money if it will not synchronise?

what is wrong with it - why won't it process the blocks HuhHuhHuh?

ltc

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:30:49 PM

Do you have a correct time set at your pc?
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:22:10 PM

yeah - time and date is OK

using windows XP -  it says XP is OK for bitcoin-qt

surely the could put something in the program to say why it has stalled ............. there is just no information at all  Huh Huh Huh

caveden
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

Can you find your debug.log? Perhaps it says something.
Jim (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:17:05 PM

I totally uninstalled and deleted everything and installed it all again - it synced OK after about 10 hours

- the thing is I was expecting some money and not I have a different address in the wallet - I have the old address that the money belongs to but not its key - is my money lost or can I still get at my money somehow.

it's hard to get started with bit(ch)coin  Angry
Antti

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:26:22 PM

I suggest you to use a different client, (for example Multibit or Electrum. or maybe some of the web based wallets like blockchain.info or Easywallet.org)

The thing is, now you're using the original satoshi client, Bitcoin-QT.
It's so called "full node client", means that it downloads whole chain (it's very much needed to have these full node clients, but not everyone have to use them). Multibit downloads only block headers (it's a lite client). Electrum doesn't download ~anything, it just broadcasts transactions to Electrum servers. Blockchain.info stores encrypted wallet data on their services, all the functions and stuff are done client side. Easywallet is the easiest to use and very good with mobile payments.

So you're using Bitcoin-QT (i use it too, it's good!)... If you deleted AppData/Roaming/Bitcoin folder (if windows, linux it would be ~/.bitcoin or something similar), you just lost your wallet.dat.
If you deleted wallet.dat, you deleted private keys which give you access to the public addresses. There's no way to get the private keys if you know publci keys.

So if it turns out to be you indeed did delete the wallet.dat which had some funds, please stop using your system right now and download a tool made by Piriform (i think it's Recuva or something) and try to get the wallet.dat back if it wasn't yet overwritten by your system (if you use windows).

caveden
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:36:59 PM

I totally uninstalled and deleted everything and installed it all again - it synced OK after about 10 hours

- the thing is I was expecting some money and not I have a different address in the wallet - I have the old address that the money belongs to but not its key - is my money lost or can I still get at my money somehow.

If you deleted your previous wallet.dat, and you had no backups, and you cannot recover it via recovery tools, then any money that had been deposited in any of the keys of that wallet is lost for good.

You should never delete a wallet.dat which has coins in it.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:44:17 PM

If you deleted your previous wallet.dat, and you had no backups, and you cannot recover it via recovery tools, then any money that had been deposited in any of the keys of that wallet is lost for good.

You should never delete a wallet.dat which has coins in it.

THIS, you should stop using your computer/hdd right now and try to use a recovery tool to get back your wallet file.

good luck!

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
coinpeculiator

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:32:03 PM

I had the same problem as Jim and had to download the blkindex.dat files so the client would download them again. I've had this happen on 2 PCs I think maybe the new index or DB format is a bit more fragile than the old one. I didn't lose my wallet.dat though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: