Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:53:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will we continue to push new highs?  (Read 5462 times)
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:29:01 PM

Wordpress, reddit, now namecheap. The mainstream dominos are starting to fall, within 6 months Bitcoin will be standard, which means potentially exponential growth. My estimation is that it will level off around $3000 USD by Jan 1st, 2014.
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

Wordpress, reddit, now namecheap. The mainstream dominos are starting to fall, within 6 months Bitcoin will be standard, which means potentially exponential growth. My estimation is that it will level off around $3000 USD by Jan 1st, 2014.
Quite an estimation... I'd be surprised & happy to see even $100/BTC by the end of the year.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:33:20 PM

It'll keep going up as long as bears like Adam and Proudhun keep trying to tell people to sell because they have "foreseen it" or whatever silly bear logic  they can come up with.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:37:29 PM

If the blow-off top was only one day this time, then it is over already.
If not, then you are watching a dramatic mutli-day medium-term high.
If you think this is "a new type of economy that always goes up", then you should invest in the 2001 dot-com bubble.

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:45:50 PM

We will continue to push new highs until the market finds equilibrium. Such is the way of the free market economy.

Vague, supercilious answer aside, given the current adoption, transaction and exchange volume, and publicity, I'm putting my money on $117.17 by August 17th, 2013.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

My customers are not buyers at this point. I say any day we crash
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:54:07 PM

I saw a thread where proudhon advised to sell. So no correction coming any time soon.  Grin

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:58:36 PM

My guess is we'll see at least 7-10 "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST"s between now and the top. After that, I expect a 3-5 "OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIT" correction before the rally resumes, possibly in the familiar "SWEET" / "AWW, HELL YEAH" pattern. But that's all of course just speculation.
Best prediction yet! lol

- aka The "DigiMan"
steamboat

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:37:27 PM

And why exactly are your customers not buying? Perhaps, and this is just wild speculation on my part, it's because you told your customers bitcoin is bubbling and they will lose all their money if they do.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 08:40:01 PM

And why exactly are your customers not buying? Perhaps, and this is just wild speculation on my part, it's because you told your customers bitcoin is bubbling and they will lose all their money if they do.

friends don't let friends buy bitcoin at an all time high....

steamboat

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

Hey Adam, I know a really great place to buy cheap coins when the market crashes... Grin Grin Tongue Tongue Grin Grin

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:01:58 PM

his customers were not buying at 20 as well, so that gives a perspective Smiley my guess is these are imaginary customers.

i am satoshi
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:10:56 PM

+1 people  Some people enjoy being told the truth. I could lie to them and do what is done around here. buybuybuybuy it is a great deal buy, but that is not my style. I tell the truth as i see it..always. You know what you are getting with me.

I have found that honest is truly the best policy. Some people call me brutally honest, because i tell people the truth even if I know they dont what to here it.. So ladies dont ask me if you look fat in that dress! 
steamboat

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:26:36 PM

his customers were not buying at 20 as well, so that gives a perspective Smiley my guess is these are imaginary customers.

He has sold a few coins on bitcoinfriends, roughly .5 seconds worth of trades on gox in the last month.

+1 people  Some people enjoy being told the truth. I could lie to them and do what is done around here. buybuybuybuy it is a great deal buy, but that is not my style. I tell the truth as i see it..always. You know what you are getting with me.

I have found that honest is truly the best policy. Some people call me brutally honest, because i tell people the truth even if I know they dont what to here it.. So ladies dont ask me if you look fat in that dress!  

The truth is not subjective. What you spew is subjective FUD you refuse to back up with any logical analysis when questioned on the reasoning used when reaching your "conclusions".  Honesty IS the best policy. Traipsing around pretending to have done any kind of methodical research about the market you claim to be "heavily involved" in does not an honest man make.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop pretending to understand what's going on, READ the incredibly valuable information found here and on the wiki, and think about what you post instead of spamming the forums with nonsensical garbage.

Everyone seems like an elitist asshole to you because you don't know what you're talking about.  There are plenty of bears here who do not get razed nearly as much as you because, while misguided and most often wrong, they attempt to think logically about their argument and present their findings in a clear and concise manner. Try it sometime. You'll be surprised how quickly others reactions to you change.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

He has sold a few coins on bitcoinfriends, roughly .5 seconds worth of trades on gox in the last month.

Ok I see. A rather pointless service, given localbitcoins where you can get your one coin in an hour without becoming a trusted friend on facebook Smiley But whatever tickles. For someone who tries to promote an idea of bitcoin, he did an amazingly shitty job with useless rants on "This market is bullshit" instead of trying to educate himself and his "friends". I like how bitcoin shakes off weaklings. It may be cruel, but we have enough adoption as it is, don't need people spreading unfounded FUD.

i am satoshi
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

Looks to me like perhaps several well capitalized people are waiting for the sell side to fill out then hoovering up what they can in a cyclic manner.  This will probably go on until all or most of them no longer see a significant undervaluation (vs. when they run out of money.)  Could be at $40 or $400 (or even $4000) and there is no way to know.

When it starts to roll over it would mean that one or fewer big fish are still in the game and those who wanted to sell some (including myself) will probably panic causing a pretty sharp dip.

If Bitcoin remains on a fairly healthy trajectory (with semi-mainstream ventures adopting it and largely positive mainstream news) I would expect that the big fish are right and the price will eventually far exceed where the current 'bubble' that we are in peaks out.  Though it could take years.  This because I expect that most of the big fish did not get that way by being stupid.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:50:32 PM

Looks to me like perhaps several well capitalized people are waiting for the sell side to fill out then hoovering up what they can in a cyclic manner.  This will probably go on until all or most of them no longer see a significant undervaluation (vs. when they run out of money.)  Could be at $40 or $400 (or even $4000) and there is no way to know.

When it starts to roll over it would mean that one or fewer big fish are still in the game and those who wanted to sell some (including myself) will probably panic causing a pretty sharp dip.

If Bitcoin remains on a fairly healthy trajectory (with semi-mainstream ventures adopting it and largely positive mainstream news) I would expect that the big fish are right and the price will eventually far exceed where the current 'bubble' that we are in peaks out.  Though it could take years.  This because I expect that most of the big fish did not get that way by being stupid.

This is Bitcoin the raw capitalism.
wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

This would certainly explain the recent price movement.

I'll probably sell a few when we hit $4000.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:08:22 PM

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'll want to recoup my initial outlay.  Most of the remainder of my BTC I'll likely sit on for many years irrespective of what happens to the price.  Unless I see a looming terminal fracture of the system of course, or some other system evolves which I would prefer to support.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'll want to recoup my initial outlay.

My plan was to sell 1/5 when that would have recouped my investment. That day is long overdue and I haven't sold a satoshi. Why? There is not much to buy in the market.

It would feel kinda stupid to sell for fiat, and I already have loads of silver and enough gold.

Besides I just today enabled for some of the owners in Silverbank (www.silverbank.net) the opportunity to switch from silver to bitcoins. There is $4M worth of silver there and we believe about 10% would do the switch in 2 months.

Another 3 days of bitcoin supply gobbled up from the market...Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: