Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to understand Litecoin a little more...  (Read 653 times)
Delicieuxz (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

So I'm using ScriptMiner GUI, which as far as I can tell only supports CPU mining, and CPU mining with it nets me ~32 kh/s on my workstation i5 2500k (which I'm constantly using), whereas the average hash rate within the OzCoin mining pool is 442 kh/s. Does this imply that most everyone is GPU mining, or simply that there are some vast CPU farms massively jacking up the average rate?

Also, is GPU mining still generally not profitable, or has that changed?

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:25:49 PM

Everyone gpu mines now, it's 10x more efficient than CPU. See sig thread

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

So I'm using ScriptMiner GUI, which as far as I can tell only supports CPU mining, and CPU mining with it nets me ~32 kh/s on my workstation i5 2500k (which I'm constantly using), whereas the average hash rate within the OzCoin mining pool is 442 kh/s. Does this imply that most everyone is GPU mining, or simply that there are some vast CPU farms massively jacking up the average rate?

Also, is GPU mining still generally not profitable, or has that changed?

Almost everyone is GPU mining LTC with either cgminer or reaper. GPU mining in LTC right now is about 175% more profitable than mining Bitcoin due to recent LTC price action (+300% in a week). Though that can change pretty fast).

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: