Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LONGER PCI-e Cables for S7?  (Read 851 times)
wmabern (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:25:16 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 04:42:06 PM by wmabern

Would someone kindly please point me in the right direction for the best place to purchase LONGER PCI-e cables that are required for the S7 that come with the Bitman S7 PSU?

The cables that came with my power supply are very short and a pain in the *** to arrange for optimum use/cooling of the equipment.

Thanks for any replies!
Happy mining!  Grin

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:53:20 PM

in my signature i sell 24" PCIE-PCIE cables and 6" Y-splitters.  perhaps one or both of these would help with the S7?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:22:31 PM

in my signature i sell 24" PCIE-PCIE cables and 6" Y-splitters.  perhaps one or both of these would help with the S7?

Thanks. I'll check them out.
I need the same gauge (or better ) and same connectors ( on both ends) that connect a Bitmain Antminer S7 APW3-12-1600 PSU to the miner. No bare ends as I'm not into soldering. Wink

I'll have to go out to the machine room to find out the exact number I need - Unless you know that off the top of your head (I barely remember what day it is...)

Let me know what I need for 1 S7 and the price to ship to North Carolina, USA.

Thank you very much!!

Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:24:02 PM

Klondike has cables with connectors on both ends (look a little further down his thread).  They are at least as good quality/gauge as the bitmain ones, I can assure you that.  You're in good hands there.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:27:06 PM

Klondike has cables with connectors on both ends (look a little further down his thread).  They are at least as good quality/gauge as the bitmain ones, I can assure you that.  You're in good hands there.

Thank you!!  Grin

wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:31:39 PM

I've got to run out to Lowes right now so I will check it later today.
Appreciate your response!

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:20:36 PM

If you're looking to extend the 6-pin cables already on the PSU, you're going to need a socket with male pins on one end and the typical 6-pin with females on the other. A double-ended female cable isn't going to do it.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:20:17 AM

If you're looking to extend the 6-pin cables already on the PSU, you're going to need a socket with male pins on one end and the typical 6-pin with females on the other. A double-ended female cable isn't going to do it.

Just got back from Lowes Hardware. (Got a nice 4 shelf wire rack for my miners, PSU's, network switch, etc. Also have two 20" window fans blowing UP from the 2nd from the bottom shelf. Everything is running again MUCH cooler with more breathing room!!)

Anyway, back on topic....

I wasn't really thinking of extending them. The cables are very, very short. I did not get the Antminer PSU from Bitmain, so they may have substituted shorter PCI's.

I was hoping for a whole new set of cables so I can put the PSU on the top shelf with my other PSU's and the miner on the shelf below with the others. Right now that is impossible with the cable lengths.
24" cables sound great!

I am exhausted from todays renovations, so I will be back tomorrow to place an order, perhaps.
Best wishes and thanks for the information!

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:31:37 AM

Does the Antminer PSU have swappable cabling? Are they mounted with screw terminals or are they soldered to the board?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:36:42 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 04:02:53 AM by wmabern

Does the Antminer PSU have swappable cabling? Are they mounted with screw terminals or are they soldered to the board?

Hmmm, good question. I shall go look right now. I haven't really paid attention.
Thank you.

Edit: I THINK they may be permanently attached. I can't really tell if the connectors will slide off or not. The miner is running right now so not going to power down at the moment and try to detach them.

I may have to go with extension cables.

Thank you for your great question. That changes everything.  Undecided

Much appreciated!

EDIT: On closer inspection, they APPEAR to be screwed into the board. Kind of hard to tell for absolute positive. I'll shut it down tomorrow and take a better look.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:42:41 AM

EDIT: On closer inspection, they APPEAR to be screwed into the board. Kind of hard to tell for absolute positive. I'll shut it down tomorrow and take a better look.

in that case the 1-ended 24" leads may be most suitable if you could easily solder/terminal it.

alternatively, te 6" splitters might help. each side of te splitter can handle ~150W so if you are underclocking the S7 slightly they should work

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: