Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:15:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-05-31] Feds Discover Bitcoin Theiving Sheep Marketplace Culprits  (Read 504 times)
x13 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:08:17 PM

Feds Discover Bitcoin Theiving Sheep Marketplace Culprits

One of the oldest, largest thefts in Bitcoin history, the robbery of early Darknet Market (DNM) Sheep Marketplace, may have finally reached its conclusion.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/feds-sheep-marketplace-bitcoin-thieves/

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:40:12 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 07:59:12 AM by classicsucks

The only reason they investigated this was so they could seize all of the coin

Also, disgusting how Coinbase rolled over and it took it up the ass so willingly

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:43:16 PM

Cool thanks for the link!.. Yeah, but any justice is better than none, especially in the crypto world. Sounds like KYC rules is the main reason they got busted. Trying to convert BTC to a bank account. The large amount of money got reported to LE agencies.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:03:55 AM

any justice is better than none, especially in the crypto world.

I don't see any justice here. Some kids stole money from a scammer in the Czech Republic, and now the USG stole everything for themselves.

Sounds like KYC rules is the main reason they got busted. Trying to convert BTC to a bank account. The large amount of money got reported to LE agencies.

This sounds like Parallel Construction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction) to me
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:30:25 PM

any justice is better than none, especially in the crypto world.

I don't see any justice here. Some kids stole money from a scammer in the Czech Republic, and now the USG stole everything for themselves.

Sounds like KYC rules is the main reason they got busted. Trying to convert BTC to a bank account. The large amount of money got reported to LE agencies.

This sounds like Parallel Construction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction) to me

I see your point.. The US mafia got their cut.
Parallel construction, Yes! Could be for sure. That is some scary, 1984 big brother stuff.
2015Bubble

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:09:46 AM

Is he still in jail? Does anyone know his sentence? Ross Ulbright got life for running silkroad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: