Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin QT Bug?  (Read 468 times)
bjf (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:41:13 PM

Dear Bitcoin community,

I have a problem with Bitcoin QT. Yesterday I started a tansaction about 1.55 BTC to 17YAnme8rA4EDrsrjUReZAB8ALWn4ZTiCH. Till now, the transaction is not confirmed, and also does not appear at blockchain.info. It is obviously invalid or not known to anyone except my client.
The problem is that the amount for me is still not available. How can I make my client forget this transaction. or how do I get my Bitcoins back?

I would be really grateful for the help.

BJF
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:33:40 PM

How can I make my client forget this transaction.

Unfortunately the Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind client does not know how to purge these double spends.    As you realized, if the transaction includes not just the double spend but other inputs the client doesn't show those as being avail

There are several ways of resolving this.  

One is to export your private keys and then import them into a new, empty wallet. Bicoin-Qt has a debug menu where these commands can be entered.
 - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/4633/153

The other is to use the pywallet utility to delete all the transactions and then restart with -rescan to have the balance recomputed properly.  If your wallet has passphrase encryption then you'll need joric's fork, not jackjack's.

Another approach is to create a new wallet at Blockchain.info:
 - https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet
and then create a new empty wallet on your Bitcoin-Qt client (and spend the funds back to your new wallet).

[Edit: If you are still stuck or need assistance, you probably could find someone trustworthy willing to help -- for a fee.  This would only be if you never expect to receive more funds at any address in your wallet.  What you do then is send your wallet.dat plus a new Bitcoin address (where you would like to have your recovered funds sent) and the person you hired performs the work of recovering the funds.]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █