Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Request] Scammer tags or account locking for supposed ASIC startups? Options?  (Read 2150 times)
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 08:37:18 PM

I am not sure what should happen, some prescriptions are in the title, but I think it is clear we have some people trying to get pre-order money for new ASICs that just came out of no where but with terms that would make you "have" to trust them without much recourse.  Also, no pictures of actually units or proof of working chips.  They are all Junior accounts as well.   Please look into this.  Here are some links below:

PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148832.0

First REAL working sample of Russian Bitcoin ASIC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149151.0

Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148685.0

Thank You,
Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Tom/Cablepair still doesn't have a scammer tag IIRC, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:29:35 PM

This is the right thread for the idea which will sort things out, maybe a bit radical but there's no other way.

BitcoinTalk is respectful knowledge base.

Here i propose how everybody in the ASIC field should be treated here, scam wise. And this goes for all who have done nothing but show images, dates and flames through forum threads.

If a company can't submit whole pc board kit scheme as open source it should be treated as SCAM. No reasons why not to.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

This is the right thread for the idea which will sort things out, maybe a bit radical but there's no other way.

Here i propose how everybody in the ASIC field should be treated here, scam wise. And this goes for all who have done nothing but show images, dates and flames through forum threads.

If a company can't submit whole pc board kit scheme as open source it should be treated as SCAM. No reasons why not to.

To Moderators of this forum, in order to sustain the level of credibility over here could you please block all the ASIC companies which haven't showed working device with independent confirmation?

Many thanks beforehand!

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:43:42 PM

Didn't check the Russian bitcoins ASIC, but the other two are definitely a scam. Plenty of proofs of that.

CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:40:24 AM

You better hope that

A) A moderator isn't invested in the company or
B) The company hasn't made donations to the forum

Otherwise the scam will be allowed to continue here. That is how things work on this forum.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:45:35 AM

John the dog has moved a few in the scam accusation sub forum
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:19:39 AM

I've moved this one (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148685.0) as the OP was asking if the company was a scam.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 04:43:59 AM

I've moved this one (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148685.0) as the OP was asking if the company was a scam.

John - Can you please review the other two.  It is looking pretty clear that they have no proof, no history on here and they are asking for pre-order money.    Thanks much.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:52:03 AM

John - Can you please review the other two.  It is looking pretty clear that they have no proof, no history on here and they are asking for pre-order money.    Thanks much.
As per the forum rules, I unfortunately cannot remove those, not to mention that there are still no confirmed cases of actual users being scammed out of their monies.. I have added a footnote in each of the threads, and please remember that everyone is responsible for their own investments.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 04:55:17 AM

As per the forum rules, I unfortunately cannot remove those, not to mention that there are still no confirmed cases of actual users being scammed out of their monies.. I have added a footnote in each of the threads, and please remember that everyone is responsible for their own investments.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Yes that is the policy.   My question is why isn't there an exception when it become obvious?  It doesn't bring undue bad attention to Bitcoin when likely scams are left until someone gets scammed, at that point isn't it to late.   Would you change the policy if you could or do you think this is the best approach.   

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:03:28 AM

Yes that is the policy.   My question is why isn't there an exception when it become obvious?  It doesn't bring undue bad attention to Bitcoin when likely scams are left until someone gets scammed, at that point isn't it to late.   Would you change the policy if you could or do you think this is the best approach.   

It would take a lot of time and effort on the enforcer to conclusively prove that 'X is a scam' before the actual scamming occurred. Not to mention the fact that the enforcer's character and beliefs would be tested - it's easy for someone biased to automatically point out that 'X is a scam' after merely seeing that 'X' came from Nigeria/Congo/*insert country where fraud is rampant*.  The best one can do in this case is to point out the obvious risks to the greed-blinded users, and leave them with that. If we start to police the threads vigorously, it would be against the spirit of Bitcoin, where a free market policy stands behind it as opposed to the traditional nanny-state system.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:04:48 AM

PS: I appreciate and thank you on the behalf of other users for pointing those out - I've been avoiding the Custom Hardware subforum of late as I didn't have ample time to sieve through the trollings.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 06:21:38 AM

PS: I appreciate and thank you on the behalf of other users for pointing those out - I've been avoiding the Custom Hardware subforum of late as I didn't have ample time to sieve through the trollings.

Yeah I understand that reasoning.   People do need to be responsible and do their own due diligence.  What I don't like about these is that they are trying to take capital from miners who would help secure the network.   Its a little different in case.

I do what I can,  I waited and read up on all these before I decided to say something.  If we all pitch in then we can keep some free market order in here Smiley

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:40:32 AM

Well, in the case of PrimAsic the scam is 100% proved.

BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:35:38 AM

To Moderators of this forum, in order to sustain the level of credibility over here could you please block all the ASIC companies which haven't showed working device with independent confirmation?

Many thanks beforehand!

I can think of one company that fits this description that will certainly not be banned... they buy close to 100% of the ad spots on this forum, while driving the prices up.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:45:26 AM

... just like a real advertising network?
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

The largest ASIC seller still has no proof of a working ASIC miner so they need a scammer tag too.

CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:06:48 PM

The largest ASIC seller still has no proof of a working ASIC miner so they need a scammer tag too.

This won't happen. Many moderators are on the BFL payroll, plus ad spot sales, plus Theymos owns part of BFL.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:43:06 PM

Many moderators are on the BFL payroll

Who?

plus ad spot sales

Cablepair also bought many ad slots, and he now has a scammer tag.

Theymos owns part of BFL.

I don't.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: