Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:40:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IOC] I/O Digital Speculation  (Read 1788 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:45:57 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 05:38:21 PM by americanpegasus

Hi all, as you may know I am always on the lookout for bright and promising blockchains and am pretty skeptical about which digital assets I hold a non-trivial amount of.  The only assets I have held a non-trivial amount of (and still do) are Monero, Aeon, Siacoin, and now I/O Digital.  This is a self-moderated thread for discussion of I/O Digital trading and price speculation.  

Off topic posts will be removed. Off topic includes any extensive discussion of other coins, promoting other coins, or posting of promotional materials from other coins.  Every post and reply should add to the discussion. The preceding sentence forbids repetitive exchanges on the same topic without some topical context.  Hostile trolling (which includes but is not limited to use of "meme" pictures to attack or demean) especially by sock puppet accounts is not allowed.  When quoting posts, please remove any large charts or other images unless the quoted post is at least one page old. Please shrink (or remove) large images in replies in all cases.

When I am speaking as the moderator, and only then, I will write in red. Other messages using red text are not permitted.

People speculating on I/O Digital may also be interested in the ANN topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.0  

First, let's look at the recent price action:

Second, let's ask what I/O actually is: They aim to be a connector in this new decentralized blockchain world we are entering, a master of name spaces, registrations, contracts, and even things like messaging systems.  I don't pretend that some of the tech isn't over my head, but I see key phrases that I like: fair launch, no ICO, no IPO, 100% PoW initial distribution (before moving to their own flavor of PoS).  I can see a use case for I/O, especially if they aim to act as the glue that can bind these many blockchain projects together.  

They look well-funded and very sleek.  Their material is impressive and their tech has already won some awards in the Fintech space.  Currently, they are essentially a well kept secret with a $1 million dollar marketcap and the few people that are interested probably won't be thrilled for the extra attention and publicity.  Nevertheless, in a world of scams, spams, and flams this seems to be an honest and potentially powerful project with real usage and growth potential.  I am proud to say today that I add it to my growing portfolio of worthwhile crypto projects worthy of consideration.  

Finally, they have a major new release coming soon called 'DIONS' if I'm not mistaken.  It's being actively developed by some very passionate people: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.msg14993581#msg14993581

Fair disclosure: I just bought 0.1% of IOC today (about 25k units), so understand I have a long term interest in it.  Nothing in this topic should be construed as investment or trading advice; no one here is qualified to give any advice of that nature whatsoever.  You are responsible for your trading decisions, and are encouraged to do a great amount of research before making any decisions as to whether to mine or invest in any asset.  

Lastly, here are a few additional links of interest:  
Official Site: http://www.iodigital.io/  
Roadmap:: http://www.iodigital.io/roadmap/  
Subreddit:: https://www.reddit.com/r/IODigitalCurrency/

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
SwissBroker

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:12:52 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 02:20:45 AM by SwissBroker

Hi americanpegasus,

Nice to see you onboard.

(edited) I bought my IOC for several reasons. First of all, I think it´s still wayy underpriced for its potential. Second, as you already said, I think it´s one of the fairest and non-scammy projects out there. Third, it looks very promising for mining (staking). The IOC proof of stake mining will be unique. You will get 5 times reward, once DIONS and Chameleon are out:

- from newly generated coins
- from sent coins fees
- from name registrations fees (set to 10 IOC per name at the beginning, which one miner gets them all)
- from messaging fees
- from data storage fees

I think this is miners heaven.

Now to the actual price action (as this topic is all about price action). Well, after that recent 40% pump I think it will attract more buyers. But not sure if the dumping is over.

Sorry for the bad english (if there is any)

Cheers
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:23:47 AM

Looks like a sell wall instituted by someone who wants to cap the price and acquire under that level. 

This ain't my first rodeo.  If you actually wanted to sell that much, it would be smarter to stagger it at different levels and do it over a month or so to get the best value. 

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:44:14 AM

Possibly be suppression, wouldn't be suprised to bounce around awhile. Could be a long summer

Thing about these things though, once a big release happens and once someone decides to make a major buy - boom.  The price explodes and doesn't come back.  So you have to find them now, and then hold them for a few months to a year - and be patient.  The price will go up in time, and no one but the market movers themselves can predict when that will be (and sometimes not even then). 

So I don't mind sitting on a good asset for a while.

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:36:01 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 08:50:38 AM by cryptocoinnl

Hi Guys,

Just came across this thread.

It is nice to see people looking further than just hype and actually see that the team has been here from day one and still are.
We are putting all our savings and spare time into this project trying to make it successful. It is very rewarding to see that people are genuinely interested in what we do and analyze that. Thank you for that.

DIONS will be our coming release that opens up "data on the Blockchain" together with features like Decentralized Alias and (private) messaging capabilities or storing small parts of data in the IOC chain. Next will be launching the Chameleon framework that will be the 'glue' between Blockchains. Blockchains that are there for companies that want a Blockchain with the usage of the I/O Digital Blockchain features. All connected together.

But that is not all, we have a big new project coming. Lets call it "project X" I'm not going to hype this in here, but just wanted to say that DIONS and Chameleon are important to us, but will be just part of our "big" Blockchain ecosystem where project X will be the ultimate goal for us. This project X has the potential to be game changing. I know, everybody says that, but i like the phrasing and we truly believe it will be.

This idea we have had for a long time now. We just need to take one step at a time - like setting up the I/O Digital Foundation - to get to where we want it to be.

DIONS and Chameleon are extremely important for this "project X" and need to be 100% secure, fast and reliable. This is why we take our time because DIONS itself will not be our end goal and needs to fit in exactly where we need it to fit in. No hurry in this case because we know where it will fit in at a later stage. Yes, we do want DIONS out as soon as possible, but we don't rush things. There is a greater goal on our minds.

We are finetuning the plans, but when we reveal our plans, then you will see that it will all fall together in one big large Blockchain ecosystem that will disrupt many industries. Unfortunately i cant tell you more than this and when we can announce. It will come and you will be surprised (and we hope you will be happy).

Cheers,

Richard
morkhitu

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:46:19 PM

Btw I/O coin has the most beautiful G.U.I wallet in altcoin world (The html 5 desktop version ).
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:36:08 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for stopping by our humble little topic.  We all really appreciate yours and your teams hard work.  Many people, including myself, don't always find the time to visit the ANN topics for all the current information on our blockchain fascinations so it's nice to know we have the team's eye too.  I hope from time to time qualified individuals will drop by and keep us updated with major news and milestones. 

Happy to be in this with you all.

Hersilia

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:02:27 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for stopping by our humble little topic.  We all really appreciate yours and your teams hard work.  Many people, including myself, don't always find the time to visit the ANN topics for all the current information on our blockchain fascinations so it's nice to know we have the team's eye too.  I hope from time to time qualified individuals will drop by and keep us updated with major news and milestones. 

Happy to be in this with you all.

Well said.  Shouldn't you be doing you classic Bitcoin pumps on reddit?  Smiley
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:52:17 PM

The only assets I have held a non-trivial amount of (and still do) are Monero, Aeon, Siacoin, and now I/O Digital.  This is a self-moderated thread for discussion of I/O Digital trading and price speculation.  

Interesting I have very few coins but also hold SIA Aeon and I/O. In only have 2 or three other coins
I/O is my largest holding

SwissBroker

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:30:29 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/x/455lWOkQ/
Flash86

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:55:33 AM

DIONS beta start soon. How high will price go, after beta release?
Is 40k sat realistic?

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
SwissBroker

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 03:17:19 AM

The sky is the limit  Grin
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:03:11 AM

DIONS beta start soon. How high will price go, after beta release?
Is 40k sat realistic?

In long term I'expecting to see 100k+!
DIONS is only the beginning, after will come CHAMELEON.
Google Hangout Saturday 23th 10AM EST Time
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.msg15602058#msg15602058

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:48:50 AM

I own some very old I/O, price is sweet, a nice surprise, one of the coins to hold on to if you're not one of them day trading parasites
tradingshitcoins

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:08:40 AM

I'm in IOC. Today was a good day, but it hasn't even begun.
semsyor

Activity: 365
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

I/O Coin is ready for Decentralized Exchanges

The I/O Digital Development team has completed work on <gettxout> [RPC call] for I/O Coin and is now live.

Gettxout returns information on a given output including the blockhash, number of confirmations and value. The completion of the gettxout addition will enable IOC to be listed on any exchange utilizing decentralized exchange mechanisms.

Our team is now working full time on completing our API documentation and implementing our Stealth Addresses. Private transactions are an important link to further secure important data, for example complying with HIPPA “data at rest/data in transit” requirements when dealing with PHI records. Stealth Addresses will be followed by Ring Signatures.Ring Signatures

Ring signatures (first introduced by Rivest, Shamir & Tauman in 2001) are planned for Q2 in conjunction with stealth addresses. Allowing for a signature to be created using any collection of public keys while making it unfeasible to determine which key was used in the construction of the signature. One restriction on the practical use of ring signatures is the way that the ring signature grows in size in many algorithms (essentially linearly with the number of keys). However recent algorithms have been proposed which involve sub-linear and also constant size growth.

Ring signatures can be viewed as the complement to stealth addresses in that a user may sign a transaction and any observer will not be able to feasibly determine who from the ring signed the transaction. Thus the system will move towards providing a powerful resource for complete ioc and document transfer anonymity.

This is the beginning of our journey to build a fully private and secure registrar blockchain ecosystem utilizing I/O Coin. You can learn more about the current development state and future by reading our Whitepaper.

https://medium.com/@wizrig/i-o-coin-is-ready-for-decentralized-exchanges-743d8881ab6e
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: