Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats with the trend and 18% plus LTC difficulty drop? Now 7/8/16 23.10% drop?  (Read 1757 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:18:45 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 02:00:28 AM by Searing

Well figured I'd shake out this thread again rather then start a new one...same question new date 7/8/16 to summarize wtf?

figured I'd try this again now that we are seeing a 23.10% diff drop so fare with 2.3 days to go...again 7/8/16.

sheesh

BTC halving is in 14hrs and 20 min......so.........not sure if that is a coincidence ...likely not?

anyway new hot coin I'm unaware of....pretty dramatic drop in LTC difficulty

currently it is     987,238 mh.....when I started my KNC Titan (orig one) on Nov 8th 2014 it was 1169gh ...I mean really?

Anyway beyond weird

deja vu all over again

jump in on what you think is going on

old thread post below a wondering

Just wondering I see a drop on difficulty for litecoin down to 18.56% and 1.6 days to go.

The current network is 1095gh. As an example when I turned on my 1st KNC Titan in Nov 8th 2014, the difficulty was 1169gh.

I mean I like it but wth?

Maybe some big miner has turned off all his A2 scrypt miners and is replacing them with the new A4's ....

others ideas on what is up? Post them here. I sure did not get the memo on what is up on this

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:05:37 AM

Well this is interesting..at the current drop in Litecoin difficulty of 18.83% with 14.7 hours to go. Also at the stated has rate

(now at this time and this $4.63 price point) it also is a 1,091 gh network hash speed.

IN that I started mining with my 1st Titan Nov 8th 2014 (19 months ago) at 1169 gh

Did difficulty REALLY GO TO BEFORE THE HASH RATE I STARTED WITH MY 1ST ORIGINAL PRICED TITAN I STARTED 19 MONTHS AGO?

At https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

I mean what the heck Smiley Anyone on wth is going on? (or conspiracy theories of such?)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:20:17 PM

KNC has declared bankruptcy, maybe its their farm going bye bye?
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:14:00 AM

KNC has declared bankruptcy, maybe its their farm going bye bye?

Thinking on this it is more likely a big farm with A2's @110mh has pulled them for their big order
Of A4's @ 400mh. Damn scared myself. Want it to be KNC hidden Titan farm though.

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:02:16 AM

Just wondering I see a drop on difficulty for litecoin down to 18.56% and 1.6 days to go.

The current network is 1095gh. As an example when I turned on my 1st KNC Titan in Nov 8th 2014, the difficulty was 1169gh.

Maybe some big miner has turned off all his A2 scrypt miners and is replacing them with the new A4's ....

others ideas on what is up? Post them here. I sure did not get the memo on what is up on this

Thanks, that is interesting.  I knew some pools controlled large percentages of LTC coin mining, but I didn't realize that there were single mining operations with ~20% of hashrate.  How would this compare to the estimates of the largest single BTC mining operations?

Also, anyone have any rough estimate of the usd cost to mine an LTC at this point? 
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:28:08 AM

Thanks, that is interesting.  I knew some pools controlled large percentages of LTC coin mining, but I didn't realize that there were single mining operations with ~20% of hashrate.  How would this compare to the estimates of the largest single BTC mining operations?

Also, anyone have any rough estimate of the usd cost to mine an LTC at this point? 

you can use this to calculate such with your own electric rate....(my rate is 14c kwh)

a typical titan for example is say 325mh at 1,250 watts (using gen tarkin energy saving firmware 3rd part software) as an example

www.litcoinpool.org/calc

You don't have to be part of the above pool to use their LTC calculator.

immangrace

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:04:21 AM

Litecoin is not getting its deserved place in the cryptoworld, always living in the shadow of Bitcoin, the hack of its forum did not help either.The developpers of Litecoin messed things up and it's up to their community to turn things up and bring it to the light of day.

J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:23:26 AM

Moved to ETH - more profitable?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:12:05 PM

Enjoy the difficulty drop while it is hot! I will make the most of it : - )
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:28:21 PM

Moved to ETH - more profitable?

No issue with that if I had to start from scratch. But KNC Titans roi'd a whiie ago.

I have read that ethereum difficulty is going up so fast it may not be worth it anymore. Any truth to that?
2x the cash. With ltc diff drop of 19% and price pump since. I'd say maybe now ethereum is much less then 2x the dough. Others can work this calc out

So if you have gpu's or Titans you are golden. Starting from scratch with either in a big way is risky imho.
When I ran figures a month ago a gpu cost 1/2 a Titan cube and made 2x the cash. Now with ltc price pump.
And the 19% ltc difficulty dump. It is likely not real big diff anymore. But then agiain you can use/sell gpu's for
Other stuff

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:19:34 PM

But surely the fact that Eth mining difficulty is going us fast, could explain why LTC difficulty is falling.
LTC has also not been pumped and has actually got negative press recently, whilst the whole blockchain press has been going on (coinbase said it was a copy-me coin)

If you believe in LTC (I don't) then enjoy the easy mining!  I fear it will keep getting easier.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:59:42 PM

Not a chance it has much to do with Eth mining since Scrypt ASICs can't be used. Likely it will be back to normal soon just like it has every time there was a similar drop in litecoins history.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:35:09 PM

But surely the fact that Eth mining difficulty is going us fast, could explain why LTC difficulty is falling.
LTC has also not been pumped and has actually got negative press recently, whilst the whole blockchain press has been going on (coinbase said it was a copy-me coin)

If you believe in LTC (I don't) then enjoy the easy mining!  I fear it will keep getting easier.

No one with gpu has mined ltc for months. Does not apply imho. KNC farm maybe went down
They lied about much likely a Titan farm

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:36:41 PM

Not a chance it has much to do with Eth mining since Scrypt ASICs can't be used. Likely it will be back to normal soon just like it has every time there was a similar drop in litecoins history.

That was paycoin mining to prime their network for 2 weeks.  Or one such drop was

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:22:46 PM

I think scrypt miners have switched to mining Ether, and that's the reason for the drop... Once Ether goes POS, the scrypt miners will return to LTC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:13:55 PM

I think scrypt miners have switched to mining Ether, and that's the reason for the drop... Once Ether goes POS, the scrypt miners will return to LTC

But I thought gpu miners were worthless on scrypt now due to ASICs the past year or so.

No idea. Just not gradual. All at one time blamo 19% dump

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 05:16:38 PM

Huh ?

LTC miners are ALSO mining ETH. Titans on LTC, GPU's on ETH.
losh11

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:57:51 PM

GPU miners would have been made redundant long ago via ASIC miners. This is not a GPU farm moving to Ethereum, as I'm not sure some of you understand how many GPU one would require to achieve a hash rate that high.
I've heard that it's nothing from China, making KnC somewhat likely. But that doesn't really make sense.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:18:34 AM

What ethereum has with litecoin??, its IPO premined centralized scam and the scrypt asic miner can not mine ETH!

The price of electric power change, ppl find better places all the time, as you can see it was taken off on moved at different location prolly for lower $ per kwh!

Also A4 chips are prolly out atm and soon operational!

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:00:53 AM

Well figured I'd shake out this thread again rather then start a new one...same question new date 7/8/16 to summarize wtf?

figured I'd try this again now that we are seeing a 23.10% diff drop so fare with 2.3 days to go...again 7/8/16.

sheesh

BTC halving is in 14hrs and 20 min......so.........not sure if that is a coincidence ...likely not?

anyway new hot coin I'm unaware of....pretty dramatic drop in LTC difficulty

currently it is     987,238 mh.....when I started my KNC Titan (orig one) on Nov 8th 2014 it was 1169gh ...I mean really?

Anyway beyond weird

deja vu all over again

jump in on what you think is going on

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: