Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:15:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419325 times)
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 09:08:13 PM

Error time!

The first time I launch my wallet, everything seems to be in working order...

If I close and re-open, however, I receive a " error loading block index " warning.

Deleting the files from Appdata\Roaming will only fix the problem until the next time application is loaded.

Any clues?  I'll provide as much info as possible to those willing to help.  Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 10:42:22 PM

Error time!

If I close and re-open, however, I receive a " error loading block index " warning.

Deleting the files from Appdata\Roaming will only fix the problem until the next time application is loaded.

Any clues?  I'll provide as much info as possible to those willing to help.  Thanks in advance
What version of Bitcoin did you build?
What Windows OS version are you using?
What versions of which libraries did you build your Bitcoin with?
Which program (daemon or Qt) are you running?

Do you have other versions, whether you built them or not, that do work on your system?  In the same location, setup, etc.?

Do you wait "long enough" after shutting down?  This can depend on which program you are running?

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
old c coder

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

Error time!

What version of Bitcoin did you build?
What Windows OS version are you using?
What versions of which libraries did you build your Bitcoin with?
Which program (daemon or Qt) are you running?

Do you have other versions, whether you built them or not, that do work on your system?  In the same location, setup, etc.?
Do you wait "long enough" after shutting down?  This can depend on which program you are running?

Ron
Bump?

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 07:44:38 PM

Just wondering if someone has the deps pre-built for x86 and x64.

If a repo was created and these files hosted there, or even just a download link to a deps.7z file , it would simplify this process so much more.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
old c coder

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 09:09:47 PM

Just wondering if someone has the deps pre-built for x86 and x64.

If a repo was created and these files hosted there, or even just a download link to a deps.7z file , it would simplify this process so much more.
True, but wouldn't the "build" have to be documented, as to which gcc version (& maybe? which Windows OS version), with which compiler options, built each library.   Then one would still have to "jigger" one's own build environment, i.e. gcc version and options for ones coin's sources to match?  And perhaps the rest of the tools that come along "for the ride", and their OS & whatever else requirements?  Seems like a "tangled web we weave" when we chase the latest and greatest "tool-set".  Or is it my imagination?

And don't linux versions have innate "affinity" to a gcc version.  What if that isn't the one you now need?  Can you have separate "build environments" so that you can have different gcc's on your machine?

The tough one, I'm told, is the Qt libraries so that one can build a "static" Qt coin, and still have Qt designer &/or Qt creator on one's machine, since I believe, though I'm not sure, that they "like" the dynamic Qt libraries?  nitrogenetics, what say you?  Grin

I don't know about gcc forward-backward compatibility and debug-release and static-dynamic nuances as I am a Windows fan, where we have our own peccadilloes about static (/MT-/MTD) dynamic (/MD-/MDd) build options and d and sd .lib & .dll lib suffixes for static-dynamic debug-release versions, and some ABI changes between MSVC++ versions, though not between the two I use:)

That's why I built my (MS & gcc) Windows libraries once and have used them to make many a (static) daemon and (dynamic) Qt version, as demonstrated in my videos.  And those were on a WinXPSP2 machine!!  I use Win 8.1 now in exactly the same way.

Ron

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

I am surprised that people still want to compile Qt and daemons on windows, it is far more easy to do it on linux, cross compiling using gittian or mxe, now for the deps, you are true, it may ease the job for many people yet it must be provided with detailled informations about the build, and this only for boost, i don't really know about bdb and miniupnpc, for the others, i guess they are prebuilt.
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

I am surprised that people still want to compile Qt and daemons on windows, it is far more easy to do it on linux, cross compiling using gittian or mxe, now for the deps, you are true, it may ease the job for many people yet it must be provided with detailled informations about the build, and this only for boost, i don't really know about bdb and miniupnpc, for the others, i guess they are prebuilt.

I guess that is true, but sometimes users want to compile their own yet do not have access to a *nix system.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 02:14:39 AM

Has anyone encountered this :-

Code:
checking QtPlugin usability... no
checking QtPlugin presence... no
checking for QtPlugin... no
configure: WARNING: QtCore headers missing; bitcoin-qt frontend will not be built
checking whether to build Bitcoin Core GUI... no (Qt)

Any work arounds ?

Equality vs Equity...
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:31:53 AM

Code:
configure: WARNING: QtCore headers missing; bitcoin-qt frontend will not be built

Any work arounds ?

The wallet gui are qt based. It's needed so no workarounds. do you have qt4/5 core dev installed? are your paths set right?
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

Code:

Any work arounds ?

Can you check the paths to the qt libraries ? maybe something is missing, or, you have to check your dependencies.
Are you compiling a wallet ? on what os ? what target ?
kostiam

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 12:31:09 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 07:42:17 PM by kostiam

Hello guys and girls :-)

Trying to build my own core with blackjack.
Base is 0.13.2 or latest from GitHub, does not matter.

I have some issue on stage when configure is checking Qt5PlatformSupport and lqwindows(Checking for lqwindows...no...bitcoin-qt frontend will no be build), log looks like :

configure:23592: checking for static Qt plugins: -lqwindows
configure:23610: g++ -std=c++11 -o conftest.exe  -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -w -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtCore -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtGui -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtNetwork -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtTest -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtDBus -I/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -I/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/include -I/c/deps -I/c/deps/src -I/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src -I/c/deps/libevent-2.1.8-stable/include -I/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16 -I/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D_MT -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -L/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -L/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l -L/c/deps -L/c/deps/src
-L/c/deps/src/qtbase/lib
-L/c/deps/miniupnpc -L/c/deps/libevent-2.1.8-stable/.libs -L/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16/.libs -L/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src/.libs -L/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs conftest.cpp -lqwindows -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Network -lQt5Gui     -lQt5Core    -lqtharfbuzzng -lqtpcre -lpng  -lz  -limm32  -L/c/deps/src/qtbase/lib -L/c/deps/src/qtbase/plugins/platforms -lQt5PlatformSupport -lssp -lcrypt32 -liphlpapi -lshlwapi -lmswsock -lws2_32 -ladvapi32 -lrpcrt4 -luuid -loleaut32 -lole32 -lcomctl32 -lshell32 -lwinmm -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lmingwthrd  >&5
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0x8e5): undefined reference to `FT_New_Memory_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0x99d): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0xc15): undefined reference to `FT_Done_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0xc9f): undefined reference to `FT_New_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x237): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x297): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2c4): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2ce): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2e3): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x319): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x421): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x501): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x51c): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x527): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x53e): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6bd): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6f0): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x716): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x7a4): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x7d0): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x9d4): undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x9fd): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xa30): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xac1): undefined reference to `FT_Done_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xb64): undefined reference to `FT_Done_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xd93): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xeef): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Postscript_Name'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xf07): undefined reference to `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x120a): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1297): undefined reference to `FT_MulDiv'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12b0): undefined reference to `FT_MulDiv'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12dc): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12e9): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1ace): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1b16): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1b69): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1bbc): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1bcd): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1c2c): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1cfa): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1d84): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1d94): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1f24): undefined reference to `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1ffe): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x204d): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2066): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x210b): undefined reference to `FT_Select_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x214b): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x21dc): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2295): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2ef6): undefined reference to `FT_Done_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3424): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x348c): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x363f): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x367d): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x36f2): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x372f): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3b7d): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3bf5): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3c55): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3c93): undefined reference to `FT_Matrix_Multiply'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ca5): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3e81): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ebf): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Translate'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ed3): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x60dc): undefined reference to `FT_Matrix_Multiply'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x65fc): undefined reference to `FT_New_Memory_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x671b): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6727): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6952): undefined reference to `FT_New_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6999): undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6d09): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6de9): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x70d6): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Basicly i built Qt5.6.1 with Mingw32 4.9.2, basic configure:
configure.bat -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -make libs -no-opengl -platform win32-g++

So, does anybody have any ideas?

old c coder

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 08:17:25 PM

Hello guys and girls :-)

Trying to build my own core with blackjack.
Base is 0.13.2 or latest from GitHub, does not matter.

I have some issue on stage when configure is checking Qt5PlatformSupport and lqwindows(Checking for lqwindows...no...bitcoin-qt frontend will no be build), log looks like :

configure:23592: checking for static Qt plugins: -lqwindows
configure:23610: g++ -std=c++11 -o conftest.exe  -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -w -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtCore -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtGui -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtNetwork -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtTest -I/c/deps/src/qtbase/include/QtDBus -I/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -I/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/include -I/c/deps -I/c/deps/src -I/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src -I/c/deps/libevent-2.1.8-stable/include -I/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16 -I/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D_MT -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -L/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -L/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l -L/c/deps -L/c/deps/src
-L/c/deps/src/qtbase/lib
-L/c/deps/miniupnpc -L/c/deps/libevent-2.1.8-stable/.libs -L/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16/.libs -L/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src/.libs -L/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs conftest.cpp -lqwindows -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Network -lQt5Gui     -lQt5Core    -lqtharfbuzzng -lqtpcre -lpng  -lz  -limm32  -L/c/deps/src/qtbase/lib -L/c/deps/src/qtbase/plugins/platforms -lQt5PlatformSupport -lssp -lcrypt32 -liphlpapi -lshlwapi -lmswsock -lws2_32 -ladvapi32 -lrpcrt4 -luuid -loleaut32 -lole32 -lcomctl32 -lshell32 -lwinmm -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lmingwthrd  >&5
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0x8e5): undefined reference to `FT_New_Memory_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0x99d): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0xc15): undefined reference to `FT_Done_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qbasicfontdatabase.o):qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:(.text+0xc9f): undefined reference to `FT_New_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x237): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x297): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2c4): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2ce): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2e3): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x319): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x421): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x501): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x51c): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x527): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x53e): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6bd): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6f0): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x716): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x7a4): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x7d0): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x9d4): undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x9fd): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xa30): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xac1): undefined reference to `FT_Done_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xb64): undefined reference to `FT_Done_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xd93): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xeef): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Postscript_Name'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0xf07): undefined reference to `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x120a): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1297): undefined reference to `FT_MulDiv'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12b0): undefined reference to `FT_MulDiv'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12dc): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x12e9): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1ace): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1b16): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1b69): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1bbc): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1bcd): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1c2c): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1cfa): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1d84): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1d94): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1f24): undefined reference to `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x1ffe): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x204d): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2066): undefined reference to `FT_MulFix'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x210b): undefined reference to `FT_Select_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x214b): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x21dc): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2295): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x2ef6): undefined reference to `FT_Done_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3424): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x348c): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x363f): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x367d): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x36f2): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x372f): undefined reference to `FT_Vector_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3b7d): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3bf5): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3c55): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3c93): undefined reference to `FT_Matrix_Multiply'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ca5): undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3e81): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Transform'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ebf): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Translate'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x3ed3): undefined reference to `FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x60dc): undefined reference to `FT_Matrix_Multiply'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x65fc): undefined reference to `FT_New_Memory_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x671b): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Char_Size'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6727): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Charmap'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6952): undefined reference to `FT_New_Face'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6999): undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6d09): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x6de9): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
c:/deps/src/qtbase/lib/libQt5PlatformSupport.a(qfontengine_ft.o):qfontengine_ft.cpp:(.text+0x70d6): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Basicly i built Qt5.6.1 with Mingw32 4.9.2, basic configure:
configure.bat -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -make libs -no-opengl -platform win32-g++

So, does anybody have any ideas?

Looks like Qt can't find any of the fonts it thinks it needs.  Why is for you to discover.  They're not where they should be, because they're elsewhere or nowhere?

Ron

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

I guess that is true, but sometimes users want to compile their own yet do not have access to a *nix system.

It also ties in to the importance of the open source nature of Bitcoin and its security, that people don't have to trust someone else to be able to compile the client and run it.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 11:36:26 AM

this is an interesting and informative guide ...

and experience Smiley ...

#crysx

*BITCOIN*

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:47:53 PM

How does one build qt 4.8 projects on qt 5?
I use the greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets and added -static but the compiled file throws runtime errors on opening or sometimes closing. Is there anything else to do?
I don't know about building a 4.8.x bitcoinQt on a Qt 5.x system?  But when I build 4.8.x on a 4.8.x (Windows 8.1) system, I found I got similar errors if I didn't delete all the .obj & other files in the build directory.  The make file isn't too bright about what needs to be compiled and what doesn't.

Ron

My build dir is already clean. I compiled a clean source. No luck so far. I think this runtime has to do with how qt is not statically linking libs. I pasted some dlls into the coins release folder but no dice.
Looking at http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/27729-statically-link-Qt-libraries-%28not-build-static-library%29 I tried the suggestions there and I still ended up with a dynamically linked bitcoin-qt.exe or *coin-qt.exe

If you look at message #1 in this forum it is not clear what Qt is created on one's system.  I did read, but can't find the link now, that one needs to build a set of libraries for Qt that are dynamic for the use of Qt creator and Qt designer (if you use them) and a set that is static for building one's applications.  I don't know if that is so, nor how one would keep the environment straight Huh Smiley

Ron

I still haven't figured this one out. And I stopped hacking at it for now. Did you find anything helpful?

I use this and it works fine

greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4) {
    QT += widgets
    DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0
}

if you have errors, post them here, so people can help you.

my QT version 5.3.2 working fine

example CMD

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Qt\5.3.2\bin
cd C:\coin folder name
qmake USE_UPNP=- coinname-qt.pro
mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release

Wink
*BITCOIN*

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

2 option compile

1.1 Install msys shell:
http[Suspicious link removed]/download
From MinGW installation manager -> All packages -> MSYS
mark the following for installation:

compile in MSYS 1.0

don't forget this

make livedb msys
cd /C/coinfoldername/src/leveldb
TARGET_OS=NATIVE_WINDOWS make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

d /c/coinfoldername

./autogen.sh

CPPFLAGS="-I/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-I/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/include \
-I/c/deps \
-I/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src \
-I/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16 \
-I/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4" \
LDFLAGS="-L/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-L/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l \
-L/c/deps/miniupnpc \
-L/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src/.libs \
-L/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16/.libs \
-L/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs" \
BOOST_ROOT=/c/deps/boost_1_57_0 \
./configure \
--disable-upnp-default \
--disable-tests \
--with-qt-incdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/include \
--with-qt-libdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/lib \
--with-qt-plugindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/plugins \
--with-qt-bindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/bin \
--with-protoc-bindir=/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src

make

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:44:39 AM

Ok, I'm giving this a shot again after seven months. The following steps have gotten me the furthest, but I end up getting the following invalid pointer error when it starts to build the executables. My steps can likely be cleaned up, but I'm not going to try to do that until we know what works. Obviously, to run it on your system, change the user directory of "mmortal03" to your user name.

The invalid pointer error that I get is:
Code:
  CXXLD    bitcoind.exe
*** Error in `/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld': free(): invalid pointer: 0x0000000001acce08 ***
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted], core dumped
make[2]: *** [bitcoind.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mmortal03/bitcoin/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mmortal03/bitcoin/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

My steps to compile 64-bit Bitcoin Core on bash for Windows:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf automake
sudo apt-get install -y libqt5gui5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libqt5core5a pkg-config git
sudo apt-get install -y g++-mingw-w64-i686 mingw-w64-i686-dev g++-mingw-w64-x86-64 mingw-w64-x86-64-dev curl
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.git
cd bitcoin/depends
make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32

cd /home/mmortal03/bitcoin/src/secp256k1
libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
automake --force-missing --add-missing
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32

cd /home/mmortal03/bitcoin/src/univalue
libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32

cd /home/mmortal03/bitcoin
libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-gui=qt5 --enable-tests=no
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:54:54 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 08:29:49 AM by mmortal03

I may have found a solution. I ran "make clean" to try things again, then added "--with-gnu-ld" to the configure line, and finally ran make, and the executables were built. Now I've got to test the executables, and test all of this on a fresh machine to see if it works from scratch.

make clean
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-gui=qt5 --enable-tests=no --with-gnu-ld

Edit: Nope, "--with-gnu-ld" doesn't solve it on a fresh machine, so it must've been something additional. I had continued the make process all the way through by running make multiple times, then ran "make clean", then making again; that got me to the executables, for whatever reason. Testing more now. Possibly using the "-k" parameter on make will get you to the point where you can "make clean" and make it again, which would be absurd if that's what it takes.

Edit 2: Yep, that seems to be the trick. I'm going to test it all again without using "--with-gnu-ld" and see what happens.

Edit 3: Yeah, "--with-gnu-ld" was just a coincidence. It seems to be unnecessary here. The solution was to continue to run make past the errors, then run make clean, and then make again. Will post an updated set of steps once I test a few more things.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 06:29:45 AM

I may have found a solution. I ran "make clean" to try things again, then added "--with-gnu-ld" to the configure line, and finally ran make, and the executables were built. Now I've got to test the executables, and test all of this on a fresh machine to see if it works from scratch.

make clean
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-gui=qt5 --enable-tests=no --with-gnu-ld

Edit: Nope, "--with-gnu-ld" doesn't solve it on a fresh machine, so it must've been something additional. I had continued the make process all the way through by running make multiple times, then ran "make clean", then making again; that got me to the executables, for whatever reason. Testing more now. Possibly using the "-k" parameter on make will get you to the point where you can "make clean" and make it again, which would be absurd if that's what it takes.

Edit 2: Yep, that seems to be the trick. I'm going to test it all again without using "--with-gnu-ld" and see what happens.

so are you testing this with the latest bitcoin on git? ... or some other coin? ...

seems you are starting to get some success here ...

#crysx

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:27:09 AM

make clean

so are you testing this with the latest bitcoin on git? ... or some other coin? ...

seems you are starting to get some success here ...

#crysx

Yeah, the latest on github. I'm pretty certain I've got it to work now. I've tested the bitcoin-qt.exe that I built, and it seems to be working, downloading the blockchain. I've also tested compiling it this way on another fresh machine, and that seemed to work, too. I'll post a revised set of steps once I'm finished with some final testing.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: