Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Highlights, by Huobi  (Read 626 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 09:07:54 AM

Hi everybody, we are from [Huobi!](www.huobi.com). Welcome to check the latest Bitcoin highlights.

Bitcoin:

• OKWave, a popular Japanese Q&A social site which has a bitcoin tipping feature integrated into its Arigato platform, announced an alliance with San Francisco-based Breadwallet LLC. The recent alliance is meant to boost bitcoin usage on the OKWave website, bringing safety and reassurance to all of their three and a half billion monthly users.

• Hardware wallet firm KeepKey announced last week that it has acquired MultiBit, a desktop-based bitcoin wallet program. According to KeepKey’s CEO, the purchase was aimed at positioning the firm for the launch of SegWit, as well as for other improvements to the bitcoin network.

• Purse.io revealed Purse Pre, allowing customers to pre-order, track its status and to cancel orders before they are shipped. Aiming to decrease the possibility of scams, .Bitcoin payment for orders will be locked to the merchant until the customer has received or cancelled his/her order.

• According to the Bitcoin Market Potential Index, Argentina tops the list of ten countries with the highest potential for Bitcoin adoption followed by Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Malawi and the United States.

If you are interested on bitcoin trading visit our website Houbi.com. We are one of the largest BTC-USD, BTC-CNY trading platform in the world. HUOBI OFFERS FREE BTC-CNY/LTC-CNY TRADING, 24*7 CUSTOMER SERVICES AND SECURE PROTECTION FOR USER ASSETS. Welcome to trade on HUOBI.COM!

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:30:18 AM

How can you be registered in China as Bitcoin exchanger while China gov barred all the financial institution(banks) to deal with companies like yours (bitcoin exchanger)?

How can you make your business from China while you are "banned"...in fact? Smiley

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-12-05/china-s-pboc-bans-financial-companies-from-bitcoin-transactions

Also, according to China laws, you need a financial license in order to run your type of business. I cannot see one under your company name. Can you provide it, please? Smiley
Atdhe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:04:55 AM

Hi Huobi.

I registered myself and wanted to do verification. One of the things is date of birth. You have a bug there that I am trying to solve for days and I am really getting annoyed, because you are making fool of me.

The problem is:
1. You have the built in calendar, where I have to list Year, month and day of birth. The problem is that the calendar has in most months one day less than there actually is. For example April has 29 days, May 30 days etc. It is just obvious, if anybody clicks on that which apparently your CS is not able to and just repeats that I have to use another browser bullshit.

2. When you click on any day, the form is being filled in with a previous day. So Whn you click on 15th March 1980 the date filled in is 14th March 1980. When you click on 1 April 1995, filled in is 31th March 1995 (that is not even mentioned on clandar)

Combination of those two factors mean that the people who were born on the day before the last day of the month (e.g. 30th March etc) can never verify identity, because they can not put there a correct date.

You are 1st or 2nd biggest btc exchage. This looks incredibly unprofessional and unsecure. And the responses of your CS, that does not bother to really take care, are even more alarming. I do not care about your licence, but you apparently do not care about customers.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:46:29 PM

Hi Huobi.

I registered myself and wanted to do verification. One of the things is date of birth. You have a bug there that I am trying to solve for days and I am really getting annoyed, because you are making fool of me.

The problem is:
1. You have the built in calendar, where I have to list Year, month and day of birth. The problem is that the calendar has in most months one day less than there actually is. For example April has 29 days, May 30 days etc. It is just obvious, if anybody clicks on that which apparently your CS is not able to and just repeats that I have to use another browser bullshit.

2. When you click on any day, the form is being filled in with a previous day. So Whn you click on 15th March 1980 the date filled in is 14th March 1980. When you click on 1 April 1995, filled in is 31th March 1995 (that is not even mentioned on clandar)

Combination of those two factors mean that the people who were born on the day before the last day of the month (e.g. 30th March etc) can never verify identity, because they can not put there a correct date.

You are 1st or 2nd biggest btc exchage. This looks incredibly unprofessional and unsecure. And the responses of your CS, that does not bother to really take care, are even more alarming. I do not care about your licence, but you apparently do not care about customers.

Yes, they are  1st or 2nd biggest btc exchage of FAKE volumes by using bots Smiley
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:42:27 AM

My post was not about volumes, but about their frontend.

Speaking about volumes: what is fake about robots? Any bigger exchange allows API and hence robots. Since huobi and okcoin have 0 trade fees it is just essential their volume is 20x or more bigger than elsewhere. It is a big difference to pay 0.1% and 0%. Bots are reality (even when I am not using them). They significantly help even to non-bot users. Just look at small exchanged in exotic currencies without robots. The liquidity is so low, that it is hard to trade. The price difference between buy/sell is extremely high. Bots are good.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:58:47 PM

My post was not about volumes, but about their frontend.

Speaking about volumes: what is fake about robots? Any bigger exchange allows API and hence robots. Since huobi and okcoin have 0 trade fees it is just essential their volume is 20x or more bigger than elsewhere. It is a big difference to pay 0.1% and 0%. Bots are reality (even when I am not using them). They significantly help even to non-bot users. Just look at small exchanged in exotic currencies without robots. The liquidity is so low, that it is hard to trade. The price difference between buy/sell is extremely high. Bots are good.

The bots I am talking about are the "Willy bots" who are making fake transactions. Why? Because the exchanger will looking bigger and it will attract more clients.

The clients are thinking "this exchanger has thousands of transactions, it's big. let's put some money in it too".
If the clients will see the real truth, they will never send money to certain exchangers Smiley I know well known exchangers who have up to 20-30 orders pe day(in and out exchanges).

In short, the "Willy bot" is made to do fake transactions, to pump the volume and to manipulate the price. ALL the exchangers are using it. Without it, there will be almost no trades because in reality, the  BTC market is so tiny . Smiley

It's not an assumption. I know that from trusted sources . So, let's calm down that the BTC market is huge. It's just a hype and nothing more.
Atdhe

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:02:09 AM

It does not concern me if the price there is high. Also I do not know why the robots have to be fake. If there are zero fees, the robots might be real as well. There are plenty of crazy people who want to play with markets.

But certainly there is a big problem with both huobi and okcoin. CS just sucks. Compared to kraken for example it is just incredible. The website is half baked and they do not bother to help me even when I found bugs. This is a red flag for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: