Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the Avalon ASICS shipped or not?  (Read 8244 times)
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:37:32 PM

Ask Jeff how much BTC he mined so far with his fake machine
If it is fake, why bother?  Id rather know how I can get paid to help promote a pre-order scam.
My fake machines mined BTC 18 in one day, that is good enough for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MangoJ

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

BTCRaven.com Escrow & Advertising

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 07:28:03 AM

If it is fake, why bother?  Id rather know how I can get paid to help promote a pre-order scam.

My fake machine mined 18000000 BTC in one minute.  Is that good enough for you too?
How about some pictures?  Better yet some video?

I feel like this is a kidnapping of peoples money.
Everyone claims "It will be ok, you don't need proof of life."

I am looking for proof of ASCI life.  Why is that so hard to find?
Google is no help.

If you have one, can you please show some video?
You can leave it turned on, plugged in, and mining.
Just show it and the screen mining, with speed, and that the screen isn't KVM'ed to another room full of GPUs etc.
Should be easy.
I'll make a video of whatever funny "you were right, I was wrong" quote in return.

Proof please.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:50:03 AM

My fake machine mined 18000000 BTC in one minute.  Is that good enough for you too?

I am looking for proof of ASCI life.  Why is that so hard to find?
Google is no help.

Just show it and the screen mining, with speed, and that the screen isn't KVM'ed to another room full of GPUs etc.
Should be easy.
I'll make a video of whatever funny "you were right, I was wrong" quote in return.

Proof please.

WOW

Even the con men over at BFL have finally gotten around to posting up pictures of ASIC chips at this point and you STILL don't believe they exist? Roll Eyes

Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:58:12 AM

Maybe MangoJ sunk his life savings into GPUs, and he has to convince himself that ASICs can not exist to not have a breakdown? The cognitive dissonance is amazing.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:14:46 AM

If it is fake, why bother?  Id rather know how I can get paid to help promote a pre-order scam.

My fake machine mined 18000000 BTC in one minute.  Is that good enough for you too?
How about some pictures?  Better yet some video?

I am looking for proof of ASCI life.  Why is that so hard to find?
Google is no help.

Should be easy.

Proof please.

We need a facepalm emoticon for posts like this  Roll Eyes

Here's pics for your lazy (or blind) butt:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147936
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:48:19 AM

That would be awesome but you can only mine BTC 3600 per day in the Bitcoin network so I wonder what kind of testnet you are using ;-)

How about looking at the consistent stats for 3 machines at a pool?

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=rankings&section=teams

Should be easy.

How is that even going to work, the avalon does not have any video ports, only wifi and ethernet.

I can hook up a laptop and show you whatever screenshot from my FPGAs next door. You need a web browser or ssh to log into the machine and show you cgminer running. How can you tell?

Anyways, if you want pictures, here is one

Bonus points if you can guess what the text on the boxes said (it's not that difficult, 2 degrees of connectivity with Avalon even)
Beepbop

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:13:18 PM

How is that even going to work, the avalon does not have any video ports, only wifi and ethernet.

I can hook up a laptop and show you whatever screenshot from my FPGAs next door. You need a web browser or ssh to log into the machine and show you cgminer running. How can you tell?
Maybe if you let him log in to your Avalon and mine on his accounts for a few weeks he'll believe it when the money dumps into his account.  Cheesy
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:33:56 PM

please , please stack them directly. i puked when i see the in-between paper boxes.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:43:00 PM

Cheesy The grand master has spoken!  Still cool to see 3 together like that.
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 10:22:50 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 01:16:34 AM by SolarSilver

please , please stack them directly. i puked when i see the in-between paper boxes.

Oh, they are all standing on the floor since day 0 for additional cool air, the only reason why they were on stack was that I needed a table for the laptop to sit at during config time (my back hurts from being crouched over in the wrong position these days...)

and yes you were right about removing the plastic, especially on the bottom

MangoJ

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 08:36:04 PM

That would be awesome but you can only mine BTC 3600 per day in the Bitcoin network so I wonder what kind of testnet you are using ;-)

How about looking at the consistent stats for 3 machines at a pool?

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=rankings&section=teams

Should be easy.

Anyways, if you want pictures, here is one

**PICTURE HERE**

Bonus points if you can guess what the text on the boxes said (it's not that difficult, 2 degrees of connectivity with Avalon even)

It seems people on forums who disagree with anyone like to insult or talk like they are superior.
So many other threads ask the same thing I do... for proof.
Has anyone in the US received one?

When I said I make XXXXXXX off my fake machine, it was a joke in response to your claim of making 18 BTC per day.
You responded as if I were serious and took the time to offer facts as to how my claim was impossible.  How sad that you wouldn't realize it was an example of sacrasim to prove a point that anyone can invent numbers without evidence and that means nothing.

Telling me that you cannot provide video because an Avalon lacks a video port makes me more frustrated.
Is English a second language for you? No offense.  I only ask, with respect, because it appears that you lack the ability to realize when I am being sarcastic about inventing numbers, or the ability to understand that anyone can lie about numbers, or the common since to realize I am not asking you to display video from the output of an Avalon machine.
I am asking you to take a video camera in your hands, turn it on, press record, and point it at an Avalon, and show something that says "Avalon" on the machine, or say "this is an Avalon", and then show your computer screen or whatever device is running your mining software, and point the camera at the screen while the screen displays the hash rate.
Then stop the recording, upload to youtube, and PM or public link it.

Instead you offer yet another picture of metal boxes with fans.
I can provide you with a picture of unknown equipment and say it is from BFL!

This is an old picture.

I could make a custom case that would not be recognized by google image search,
Put multiple fans, fan grills, ports, and chrome thumb screws on it,
then quote some reasonable, only 2 generations old chip technology numbers,
get some engineers from freelancer.com to write up some tech talk babble...
then take preorders, and circulate multiple pictures of my hardware.

So you picture is great,  THANK YOU for the picture.
I mean that.  Thank you.

But are you in the USA?
Can you show me the screen with hash rate?
Please don't be unreasonable and tell me that an Avalon has no camera built in.
I didn't ask to see video output from an Avalon, but video OF the Avalon.

Oh and I do have video of my BFL mini rig prototype that makes 1000 BTC per day.. (JOKING!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrJVzvJO7EE

If ASIC is real, I will move the GPUs I have to litecoin.
Currently my GPUs have seen ZERO decrease in earning so I find it hard to believe all of this talk about increasing difficulty.  Yes the BTC difficulty goes up.. but who cares when the profit stays the same?
I am on about 4~ 4.5 Gh per day, earning .5 BTC per day from old equipment.

If ASIC is real, shouldn't that have dropped to .4 or .3 or even less?
ASIC is suppose to be all super fast!  I would love to buy 10 of them if I could trust any of these "trust us with your untraceable, non-refundable money" companies.

PS: no I cannot guess what the text says.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
MangoJ

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 08:42:25 PM

For you people suggesting I am crazy to not believe, and talking down to me while speaking as if ASIC is proven..
MANY others are still talking like ASIC is NOT proven.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153131.0

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:47:55 PM

Yes the BTC difficulty goes up.. but who cares when the profit stays the same?

on which pool do you mine?
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

For you people suggesting I am crazy to not believe, and talking down to me while speaking as if ASIC is proven..

Please explain:

http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

and

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
http://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=rankings
http://ozco.in/content/user-top-20

and
http://garzikrants.blogspot.com/2013/01/avalon-asic-miner-review.html
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1601008#msg1601008

Now I'm not normally one to troll, but ASICs designed for bitcoin mining are very real.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:58:57 PM

OK, sorry for being acerbic earlier.

You will most likely not find Youtube videos of the machines mining.  The people who bought them probably want to remain anonymous or don't use Youtube.

It's hard to get 66GH (most people can't do this at home).  So if 10 people are showing up on BTCGuild with 66GH, you can surmise they have an Avalon unit most likely

The fact that JGarzik wrote up his review should be credible evidence enough.  Not even a ASICMiner or BFL fanboy will refute the existence of his unit working at stated speed.  Same the the Foundation's unit.

While it is conceivable that people could be faking it, to what end?  To fuel sales to the ponzi scheme companies?  Avalon and BFL both have previous generation units they have sold.  And it is damn near impossible that the 5TH you see mining under 1 account on BTCG was anything other than ASICMiner.

The question you should be asking is
1) How much am I willing to layout out for an ASIC unit knowing I may not get my return on investment (if the code for BTC changes ASICs can't adapt)
2) Which company do I trust?  Avalon from China, BFL with nonstop delays but future ability to produce massive amount, or buy shares of ASICMiner and let somebody else worry about the mining
3) Is it better to buy BTC now and wait for the price to go up rather than waste time/energy worrying about ASICs

Difficulty is going up.  If you're not seeing less earnings either you're mining on luck based shares and are getting increasingly lucky or you're not doing you math right.  Any rewards calculator can show you this.  Just look at the users in the big pools who have 60-400GHs - you think they all set up large GPU pools due to the price increase?

You can mine LTC, but it takes a while to learn (not easy like LTC) and seems to use more energy than BTC mining (at least with my setups).
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:00:36 PM

Here's a question for you.  

Take a look at user 67117 at BTCGuild. (see: https://www.btcguild.com//index.php?page=rankings)

What, in your opinion, could possibly give a single user 4.8TH/s?  
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

I don't have the habit of replying  to 14 year old trolls, but hey, it's late, the bottle is half full and I feel lucky ;-)

Has anyone in the US received one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141154.msg1503257#msg1503257

When I said I make XXXXXXX off my fake machine, it was a joke in response to your claim of making 18 BTC per day.
You responded as if I were serious and took the time to offer facts as to how my claim was impossible.  How sad that you wouldn't realize it was an example of sacrasim to prove a point that anyone can invent numbers without evidence and that means nothing.

I do know sarcasm and I can even spell it. You might have missed the :-) I added at the end of the line.

Telling me that you cannot provide video because an Avalon lacks a video port makes me more frustrated.

You are frustrated and are getting more frustrated. That is at least one thing we both agree on! We are making progress here...

Is English a second language for you? No offense.  I only ask, with respect, because it appears that you lack the ability to realize when I am being sarcastic about inventing numbers, or the ability to understand that anyone can lie about numbers, or the common since to realize I am not asking you to display video from the output of an Avalon machine.

English is not my second language, it's my forth language. After French, Dutch and German which are the mandatory languages in our fine educational system of this twisted country where I currently reside. I can do some Swedish (and thus Norwegian and Danish) and Spanish too, but only after a few drinks. Oh and Italian too! I sometimes put my GPS navigation in Portuguese but that is mostly for a laugh.

I am asking you to take a video camera in your hands, turn it on, press record, and point it at an Avalon, and show something that says "Avalon" on the machine, or say "this is an Avalon", and then show your computer screen or whatever device is running your mining software, and point the camera at the screen while the screen displays the hash rate.
Then stop the recording, upload to youtube, and PM or public link it.

The Avalon is a stand alone solution, the mining software runs on the Avalon. There is little (modified version of) the TP-LINK TP-WR703N inside Avalon that runs cgminer. See the problem?

Instead you offer yet another picture of metal boxes with fans.
I can provide you with a picture of unknown equipment and say it is from BFL!

If it's an empty box of fans, then yes, BFL has an exclusive on that

So you picture is great,  THANK YOU for the picture.
I mean that.  Thank you.

You are welcome

How about this picture?

But are you in the USA?

I don't see how this is relevant, unless you want me to hook up with your mom. I guess it must be lonely to live in her basement without a father figure around. But no, I don't live in the USA.

Can you show me the screen with hash rate?
Please don't be unreasonable and tell me that an Avalon has no camera built in.
I didn't ask to see video output from an Avalon, but video OF the Avalon.

See the picture above

Oh and I do have video of my BFL mini rig prototype that makes 1000 BTC per day.. (JOKING!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrJVzvJO7EE

Judging from the video, my estimate of you being at least 14 must be off by at least 2 years.

Currently my GPUs have seen ZERO decrease in earning so I find it hard to believe all of this talk about increasing difficulty.  Yes the BTC difficulty goes up.. but who cares when the profit stays the same?

Let's talk again on the 15th of May

Not of if all 14 year olds like you switch to Litecoin. There are not enough machines around to make much of a dent, and some GPU miners have given up too. I used to make BTC 8 / day with my GPUs, now they only make BTC 1 / day. Some of that is related to block halving in December, some of it related to difficulty:

Have a look at future difficulty here: http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

See a trend since Feb 2013?

ASIC is suppose to be all super fast!  I would love to buy 10 of them if I could trust any of these "trust us with your untraceable, non-refundable money" companies.

I highly recommend you to place an order at BFL for the equipment, you can order from them with a credit card and have full consumer right protection. You'll be very pleased with their customer relation management as well.

PS: no I cannot guess what the text says.

I guess reading is not your strong suit
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:38:07 AM

I will do an youtube video review when I receive my Avalons. will ask someone to shoot and give enough details so that there is no scope of confusion.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:54:52 AM

I will do an youtube video review when I receive my Avalons. will ask someone to shoot and give enough details so that there is no scope of confusion.

While your at it show how you start it up, the interface, ect. Cheers.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Beepbop

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 08:57:15 AM

Be sure to use a YouTube account without a scammer tag, with millions of views and subscribers, HD video quality, and red text, all to make sure that it can't possibly be a lie.

Seriously though, why would he believe a YouTube video when he won't even believe the blockchain that his pile of GPUs are working hard to verify 24/7. It's easier to fake a YouTube video than to fake out the blockchain which has several petaflops of distributed computing power behind it. Maybe he should have got into a currency backed by funny cat videos instead.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: