Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you interested in StarkaCoin
YES - 3 (100%)
NO - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: StarkaCoin (New altcoin for Minecraft, etc)  (Read 6835 times)
tobeyrowe (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:35:54 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 07:26:59 PM by tobeyrowe

StarkaCoin is a new altcoin that I have made and I know a lot of you don't like the idea of new altcoins because there are so many of them out there but mine is unique in the sense that its use is directed towards being a currency for a Minecraft server but can of course be used for other things as well. We do NOT have a plugin for in-game use of the altcoin yet but we are looking for someone who may know how to make one and if you may know how to make a Minecraft plugin for altcoin use then please send me a PM. I have listed the altcoin information and the Minecraft server information below. Thank you all for reading.

Altcoin Infromation:

Algorithm SHA256
Type PoW
Coin name StarkaCoin
Coin abbreviation SAC
Address letter S
Block reward 28 coins
Total coin supply 1,600,000 coins (1.6 million)
Premine percent 2%  
Premine amount 32,000 coins

Minecraft server Information:

IP: s11.minespan.com
Port:26574

Also as you can see the coin has a low total coin supply of only 1.6 million and a low premine of only 2% and the premine is meant to help get the coin going financially by hopefully being able to sell some of it to help pay for hosting of the coin and hosting for the Minecraft server and other costs that may come up.

UPDATE:

Here is the download link and instructions.

https://github.com/tobeyrowe/StarkaCoin/

Once you download the wallet you need to Create the file %appdata%/StarkaCoin/StarkaCoin.conf with the following content: addnode=95.211.57.108

and to mine go to Help then click Debug Window and That is the console where you will execute all commands. Type this command to start mining your first block:

setgenerate true -1
If you want to use a specific number of CPU cores, instead of -1, type the number of cores

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:38:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:48:20 PM

Listen the only reason I made this is because there are no altcoins right now for Minecraft that are active. So this is different then just any altcoin because its going to be used on Minecraft servers. So in my opinion this is not a "shitcoin" because it actually serves a purpose unlike most other altcoins that don't have a purpose and there just there.
JanDzban

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:55:05 PM

Cant conect to your server

ps

you know this ? PLAY.BITQUEST.CO

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:00:25 PM

Cant conect to your server

ps

you know this ? PLAY.BITQUEST.CO

Hi, I don't know why you cant connect because I can. Are you sure you typed in the information right? And also yes I know that in fact I have played it for the past year but that's for Bitcoin and im talking about an Altcoin that's dedicated just for minecraft.
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:03:19 PM

Also I am working with a person who owns a mining pool to see if they can put StarkaCoin on their pool.
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:26:55 PM

I just saw that my link was removed because it's suspicious. How am I suppose to let people download my wallet if it says it's suspicious?
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:34:49 AM

I just saw that my link was removed because it's suspicious. How am I suppose to let people download my wallet if it says it's suspicious?

Put a Link to the source of the wallet - this way the wallet could be audited and it's easy for a poolowner to add it to the pool.

Regards
matveevka
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:07:03 AM

Interestingly. Mining only a wallet?
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:36:09 AM

Here is a link to the source.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s84x68k190w9e3d/starkacoin-source.tar.gz?dl=0
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:38:05 AM

Interestingly. Mining only a wallet?

I don't exactly understand your question but if your asking if you mine from the wallet then yes you do mine from the wallet. And right now the difficulty is very low so mining a block doesn't take much time at all literally 5 to 10 minutes and that's just with CPU.
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:41:10 AM

Why did hananl1styo just quote my post and not make a comment?
cookiepool

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Living in CEST - love cookies :-)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 11:46:32 AM

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Cookie

my small pool : https://cookiepool.xyz
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:47:11 AM

Ummm what is this Belligerent Foolism..... Always upload source to GitHub, it literally takes 1 minute and isn't hard, if you can't do that then you didn't make the coin yourself hahaha.
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:55:47 AM

Ummm what is this Belligerent Foolism..... Always upload source to GitHub, it literally takes 1 minute and isn't hard, if you can't do that then you didn't make the coin yourself hahaha.

Sorry and your right I didn't I paid a person to make it for me. I do not know much about making altcoins but I love the idea of it and I have been into bitcoin and altcoins for a couple of years now. And please don't give me criticism for not making it myself because like I said I don't know how but I really wanted to start one mainly because I saw that there was no altcoins for Minecraft but if there were other altcoins specifically for minecraft then I would not of made this altcoin because there would have been a need to. But anyways I will upload it to github and I will post the link to it as soon as its done.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:10:00 PM

Why did hananl1styo just quote my post and not make a comment?

because i will to follow this thread  Wink
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:46:18 PM

Sorry and your right I didn't I paid a person to make it for me. I do not know much about making altcoins but I love the idea of it and I have been into bitcoin and altcoins for a couple of years now. And please don't give me criticism for not making it myself because like I said I don't know how but I really wanted to start one mainly because I saw that there was no altcoins for Minecraft but if there were other altcoins specifically for minecraft then I would not of made this altcoin because there would have been a need to. But anyways I will upload it to github and I will post the link to it as soon as its done.

Any reason why SHA256? I would have thought an ASIC resistant algo for POW would make more sense for a Minecraft coin.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:50:35 PM

pool mining?
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:11:49 PM

here is the link for Github. https://github.com/tobeyrowe/StarkaCoin/
tobeyrowe (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:13:45 PM

Any reason why SHA256? I would have thought an ASIC resistant algo for POW would make more sense for a Minecraft coin.

To be honest there wasn't really any reason I just didn't think it mattered to much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: