Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:35:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: speculation about speculation  (Read 422 times)
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:43:27 AM

I've been looking at my btc ticker for weeks now, going a little crazy like I know many are... it says $44.56 as I write!?!
I first learned about BTC when it was ~ four dollars... and at that time my gut told me this was going to rise, but I had no money to invest. in october I won a legal matter and was awarded a significant sum of money! at that time I would have sunk a significant portion into BTC, but I was obliged to wait for my funds to go through probate etc. Holy smokes... that feel when you picked the winning pony but made it to the mutual window too late! i.e.fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

on the more posative side, at least I have had time to observe, learn, and think. There is obviously LOTS of speculation and hoarding going on at present due to hype and hysteria. BTC fever! But that causes an obvious effect I don't see being discussed very much, if at all. If nobody is spending their BTC, if it is only used as an investment vehicle and never spent... wouldn't that eventually diminish its value? what monetary value is BTC if it is never used? I don't get it? My suspicion is that there will be a lot of btc for sale cheap within a month or two, and probably a few latecomer investors looking for a repeat performance, but the lesson the larger market will learn is that BTC fails unless it is widely adopted and I doubt buying reddit gold and wordpress templates is enough saturatoion to keep it viable.

now if ebay or amazon would accept it...different story. somehow I think ebay is in bed with paypal so that wont happen. Also the credit card companies...they have good reason to fear BTC. these guys might pool their resources to do the ol' 51% buyout.

As you can see, my mind has been reeling lately. My lawyer says I will get my settlement this week, but I remain "a day late and a dollar short", and I still aint buying no BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: