Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin price high or low?  (Read 1507 times)
ijphlrnxewho (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:26:33 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 10:10:55 PM by Actor_Tom_Truong

bitcoin price high or low?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MykelJH

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:23:03 AM

because a lot of new newbies are learning about bitcoin.

How fast can we expect the next crash? This is the highest it's ever been and I would like to invest in it but obviously common sense says by low sell high? Is this another bubble?just looking for sight is all
Rincewind

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:44:26 AM

$46 and climbing. Ridiculous.

To answer the question though, because "real" businesses are backing it. Namecheap was huge. HUGE.

There was a Seeking Alpha blog post today (since deleted) that compared bitcoin to Chuck E Cheese tokens. I think that was actually a fair compairison ... until the usurper of Network Solutions started accepting Chuck E Cheese tokens for domain regs and SSL certs.

Bitcoin is now a viable payment for real B2B services. Let that sink in a moment.

Namecheap is a bigger deal than Reddit or Bitcoinstore, even if only the Lifehacker (Gawker) crowd are the ones in on it.
bozak

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

The exchange rate (price) all depends on your perspective.  It is "high" compared to what it was a few months ago.  However, if you consider the total market cap (around 500 mil right now), the exchange rate is still very low if you think bitcoin will eventually become a common worldwide means of exchange.  Just wait until some investment banks start taking this seriously to see what "high" will really mean in terms of an exchange rate. 
MykelJH

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:14:48 AM

The exchange rate (price) all depends on your perspective.  It is "high" compared to what it was a few months ago.  However, if you consider the total market cap (around 500 mil right now), the exchange rate is still very low if you think bitcoin will eventually become a common worldwide means of exchange.  Just wait until some investment banks start taking this seriously to see what "high" will really mean in terms of an exchange rate. 

Well I was just more or less asking what your thoughts are on when to invest. Right now, at this moment, it's at it's highest it's ever been. So to me I don't think it will be a good idea to invest right now. It now soon can we expect a decrease down to the $20s$30 so I can scoop up much more?
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:52:11 AM

That's how much people are willing to pay for it. It's quite like the gold rally actually, and I don't think there will be a major crash.

poly | My Tip Jar
MykelJH

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:09:47 AM

That's how much people are willing to pay for it. It's quite like the gold rally actually, and I don't think there will be a major crash.

So you think that it won't be back down to the 20's /30'?
poly

Activity: 84

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:13:09 AM

So you think that it won't be back down to the 20's /30'?

Nope, there's tons of room to grow. We may (possible but not very likely) hit the triple digits, I think we'll crash >$60 and down to about 60-80% of the peak. There's so much buying pressure when the price drops.

poly | My Tip Jar
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:24:30 AM

Well I was just more or less asking what your thoughts are on when to invest. Right now, at this moment, it's at it's highest it's ever been. So to me I don't think it will be a good idea to invest right now. It now soon can we expect a decrease down to the $20s$30 so I can scoop up much more?

I'm fairly new too, had to buy some bitcoins a while ago for a subscription to a site I used, although I only needed 1BTC I bought 10 at about $10 each, as I like round numbers and thought I could use them again.

Didn't really do much else until last week when I checked my blockchain wallet and saw that my 9BTC weren't the $90 I thought but were worth $270.

I thought about buying some more, but looking on past trends I decided $30 was near the top, and here we are today at $47 DOH Smiley

MykelJH

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:28:08 AM

I'm fairly new too, had to buy some bitcoins a while ago for a subscription to a site I used, although I only needed 1BTC I bought 10 at about $10 each, as I like round numbers and thought I could use them again.

Didn't really do much else until last week when I checked my blockchain wallet and saw that my 9BTC weren't the $90 I thought but were worth $270.

I thought about buying some more, but looking on past trends I decided $30 was near the top, and here we are today at $47 DOH Smiley

I'm in the same exact boat as you. Now looking to put 2k in and want to get as many as possible
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:45:50 AM

I'd say the current bullrush of most of the other cryptocurrency miners trading some of their currencies for Bitcoins would be a bit of a contributing factor, as well.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:58:48 AM

I thought about buying some more, but looking on past trends I decided $30 was near the top, and here we are today at $47 DOH
I'm in the same exact boat as you. Now looking to put 2k in and want to get as many as possible

I'm so unlucky I can predict exactly what will happen.

If I buy some the price will drop instantly, if I don't they'll be $100  Grin

At the moment I'm not buying so that suggest you should buy

Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:22:52 PM

Well I have some experience in the PM's market (silver + gold) and I would just like to say this. While buying during the dips seems good, what's wrong with buying high & selling higher?

If something is on an upswing, and you buy in at $30, and 6mo later its $60, you've doubled your money. If you restrict yourself to buying only when it falls in price, the chances of you buying, and then the market doubling is significantly lower. But of course, either was is an extreme risk. I say extreme because btc has only been around for ~2.5yrs when gold & silver have been around forever and we still are clueless on how to read the PM market.

Bullbear

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:36:46 PM

There has been a lot of media attention since Bitcoin broke its last all time high, I guess that's attracting alot of new people, unfortunately they'll probably all be hoarders not true users, could go badly...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

There has been a lot of media attention since Bitcoin broke its last all time high, I guess that's attracting alot of new people, unfortunately they'll probably all be hoarders not true users, could go badly...

Could go? Will go, nut in the larger order of events, it will mean nothing except for active traders.

pennywise

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:47:15 PM

My stance on the price is that long-term it's going UP. Short-term corrections are probable. And I'm talking the type of correction that underwent in may/june 2011.

So what is bothering me? Well, last few months some sites decided to accept Btc, very good. But new sites that would also accept Btc kinda stopped emerging. Maybe the value instability, caused by increasing dollar price is cause for that? In my opinion, yes.

So this is how I envision development of bitcoin economy:

New enterprises using Btc -> media hype -> value increase -> lower income of new companies -> bubble pop -> lower price -> New

enterprises using Btc  (and the circle is complete)

When bitcoin protocol was formed and launched some of key developers envisioned a bubble eventa happening approximately every two years.

We went through a period where it was briefly tough and now there are 1400 new billionaires in the world - maybe some capital was misallocated... --Kyle Bass
Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

I think once the market settles down it will get a lot of attention. Kind of like silver when that hit $49/ozt in spring 2011. Everybody started noticing it because it rose so quickly, and when it went back down a lot of people thought "Oh if I had some silver, I would of made a killing!" so they buy in and get their feet wet with PM's. All it takes is a few people to get there feet wet with btc and it'll grow from there!

JohnCoins

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:03:53 PM

I can't see it being any less than 10,000 per coin in the next few months.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:06:08 PM

As of this writing, the price is at $48 per bitcoin

How much will bitcoin be price at when the Bitcoin market cap is at $1 Billion dollars?

You'd need a time machine to know that. BTC inflation over time is easy to chart, exchange rates are...well a different animal.

zakanater19

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:15:39 PM

$44 as of writing this, holy balls  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: