Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help - Bitcoints transaction not completed  (Read 482 times)
eklo (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:39:39 AM

Hello,

I'm new with bitcoins, so perhaps i do not understand how it works.
I performed a withdrawal from my Mt.Gox account, to an address in my wallet.
It has now been 2 weeks, and I've never received the bitcoints to my wallet.

The transaction can be seen here:
http://blockchain.info/tx/a4158e4cf50498dd6c7b692d0a3176cf6551078e1c2253ac982edeef13257e3e?show_adv=true

My withdrawal is the second address, stating "Unspent". Furthermore - Estimated BTC Transacted does not include my withdrawal.

Can anyone help me figuring out exactly what went wrong with my withdrawal?
And how can I get it resolved? (As Mt.Gox say they have sent the bitcoints and it is now beyond them).

I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:48:52 AM

Are you using the Bitcoin-QT? Is   14M3TXkjyCauUnQhT9bFmyw39Y2tpdCgi1 listed as one of your addresses in the client? Has the client finished synchronizing yet?
tadzio

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:01:13 AM

Just give it a time. When you do not add transaction fee it takes longer sometimes.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:10:15 AM

My withdrawal is the second address, stating "Unspent".
"Unspent" means you haven't spent the coins after receiving them - not surprising if you haven't yet received them.

Furthermore - Estimated BTC Transacted does not include my withdrawal.
"Estimated BTC Transacted" is just an educated guess as to which of the two addresses is the intended recipient and which is the "change". It is not always accurate, and the inaccuracy is nothing to worry about - as long as one of the addresses (it doesn't matter which) is yours and has the correct amount, then nothing has gone wrong.

(As Mt.Gox say they have sent the bitcoints and it is now beyond them).
They're correct. The coins indeed have been sent, and the transaction was confirmed nearly two weeks ago. If you haven't received them, the problem is on your end.

Has the client finished synchronizing yet?
^^ This. If your client says (out of sync), then don't panic. Just wait until your client has finished synchronising (which may take several days, and note that you must leave the client open during this time (though you don't have to do it all in one session - it'll pick up where it left off if you close and restart it)) and your coins will appear. If you still don't have your coins after it has finished synchronising, then you may resume panicking.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 08:10:50 AM

Transaction was confirmed a while back and balance is unspent - are you using the 0.8.0 client or an earlier one?

(most likely assuming the address is correct and is yours then your client has simply not *caught up* and yes with earlier versions of bitcoin-qt in particular this can take as much as two weeks)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
eklo (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:29:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for all your help.

My wallet has finished syncing, and is up to date. I'm using
The address i specified is one of the addresses in my wallet.
I'm using QT version 4.8.3. Bitcoin version 0.8 beta.

Just today, I performed a withdrawal of my remaining balance (~0.3 bitcoints), and the withdrawal was completed. I saw the bitcoins in my wallet within a minute.

So if i get it right, Mt.Gox did send the bitcoins, but for some reason I did not receive them to my wallet.

Is that standard? that the procedure takes more than 2 weeks? will it be automatically resolved if i just sit and wait?

Is there anything I can/should/need to do?

Thanks again for all your help.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 01:40:11 PM

The address i specified is one of the addresses in my wallet.

Hmm... it is in your Receive address list?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
eklo (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:21:36 PM

Yes.
When i click on Receive coins, I see this address.
Just to ensure it is identical - i did string compare with the address specified in blockchain.

So if i get it right, the bitcoins were transferred to my address, but I cant access them with my wallet.
I've also tried to open my wallet on my friend's client, with no result either.

Will accessing using a different client might be the answer? Is there a way to open the wallet from a different client?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:28:57 PM

Yes.
When i click on Receive coins, I see this address.
Just to ensure it is identical - i did string compare with the address specified in blockchain.

So if i get it right, the bitcoins were transferred to my address, but I cant access them with my wallet.
I've also tried to open my wallet on my friend's client, with no result either.

Will accessing using a different client might be the answer? Is there a way to open the wallet from a different client?

I would try a rescan.  Start up your client with the --rescan option and wait for it to rescan the blockchain (it should take less than a couple hours).
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:36:11 PM

I'm not too keen on advanced topics such as this, but I would suggest uploading your private keys/wallet.dat to an online wallet? But definitely don't delete/ uninstall before you extract and save your keys/wallet.dat to a safe place.

Those are just my newbish 2 bits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: