Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: some say bitcoin only until 2030?  (Read 4031 times)
yolanda222 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:00:07 AM

some say bitcoin only until 2030?

Do you believe bitcoin only until 2030 and will be lost in 2030?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:24:38 AM

It's hard to predict is bitcoin alive or not on 2030, but i'm sure bitcoin still alive until 2020, maybe can alive until 2030 but the price of bitcoin can decrease.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:14:36 AM

Bitcoin is planned to stay alive for unspecified period of time. If everything goes well like it is now then the bitcoin mining reward will be 0 after a long time (our generation can't see it at 0BTC reward). There are lots of people that invested in bitcoin and lots of other that are developing it (the core team) so i don't think they will destroy all theirs work within few decades.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 08:18:08 AM

It's simple:
1) This thread will end up being pointless.
2) Those people have no idea what they're talking about and should be ignored.
3) Everyone will be speculating and it is very well possible that neither answer will be true.

-snip-
maybe can alive until 2030 but the price of bitcoin can decrease.
The price is irrelevant. 1 BTC will always be equal to 1 BTC.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:20:02 AM

i won't say it not possible but there is nothing immortal in this world but with growth bitcoin currently may be bitcoin will survive at least for next 20 years but it all only my predictions and could be wrong
yolanda222 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:59:16 AM

i won't say it not possible but there is nothing immortal in this world but with growth bitcoin currently may be bitcoin will survive at least for next 20 years but it all only my predictions and could be wrong

yes I hope your predictions really real

and bitcoin last 20 years
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:11:45 AM

Bitcoin will die only if there is no miners or nodes in its network. And this won't happen except if it become valueless or an electric catastrophe happen around the world. And I do not this these both will happen
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:21:28 AM

We can't say until when it will last. As long as there is a demand for it, it will continue to exist. I believe that bitcoin is the future currency of the world so let's all just hope that bitcoin won't disappear as it helps many peoples life.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:24:51 AM

Well, it's impossible to predict distant future.
World today is changing very fast and who can know how world will look in 2030 or 2100?
It's possible that people will not use Internet anymore but some more advance technology.
Maybe all money in the world will be digital?
What can happen with Bitcoin in next 30 or 100 years?
Bitcoin can become mainstream or die and something else, more advance, replace BTC.
We will find out, I'm sure, when right time comes Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:03:31 AM

Bitcoin will die only if there is no miners or nodes in its network. And this won't happen except if it become valueless or an electric catastrophe happen around the world. And I do not this these both will happen
How about any government owns 90% of all BTC and close the wallet and computer until everyone stops?

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:07:03 AM

No, not really. The bitcoin network is up forever since it's decentralised and is completely impossible to shut it down completely. That's why the governments are frustrated, and that's why bitcoin is good.

So no, bitcoin will not die off and it will continue to be the best currency in the world in the future.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 10:09:14 AM

How about any government owns 90% of all BTC and close the wallet and computer until everyone stops?
That scenario is nonsense and wouldn't work. Exactly how would they acquire 90% of all the Bitcoin? In that case (i.e. them trying to buy most of the Bitcoin), I would price mine at $1 Trillion per Bitcoin. I'm sure that many others would do similar (albeit my price is arbitrary). Good luck trying to buy them. Additionally, the "close the wallet and computer until everyone stops" doesn't make sense and wouldn't work.

No, not really. The bitcoin network is up forever since it's decentralised and is completely impossible to shut it down completely.
No, not really.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6224

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:10:34 AM

It's simple:
1) This thread will end up being pointless.
2) Those people have no idea what they're talking about and should be ignored.
3) Everyone will be speculating and it is very well possible that neither answer will be true.

I agree, but speculating about the future is fun Wink

For me, cryptocurrencies should have a bright future. They really solve problems of the real world, making people more independent from the banking system. At present Bitcoin has already advantages to traditional financial services in some areas, for example remittances. I don't see these advantages disappearing.

The great question, in my opinion is: is Bitcoin really the best cryptocurrency design? And if not, can it be improved so its flaws are not important anymore?

My largest concern is the energy consumption of the PoW mechanism. For the scalability problems, there should be fixes, and the technology advance here should play in favour of Bitcoin. But in the case of mining I'm not sure if there is a fix for it. That's why I closely follow the developments in parts of the altcoin area (PoS, PoB and similar systems).

In the end, it may be possible that in 2030 we will not need money anymore. But I think it's a bit early for utopias. There are 14 years until 2030, that's nothing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 10:16:19 AM

I agree, but speculating about the future is fun Wink
Surely it is fun if one doesn't have anything better to do with their time. Additionally, it is also "fun" for signature spammers as they can make easy "on-topic" posts.

For me, cryptocurrencies should have a bright future. They really solve problems of the real world, making people more independent from the banking system. At present Bitcoin has already advantages to traditional financial services in some areas, for example remittances. I don't see these advantages disappearing.
I concur. There are huge advantages that Bitcoin offers in many areas. When it comes to banks, transactions are slow, the fees are high and problems are not uncommon. On the other hand, Bitcoin is cheap, transactions are fast (near instant TX, and 10 minute average confirmation time) and (network) problems are very rare (over 99% up-time according to a website).

The great question, in my opinion is: is Bitcoin really the best cryptocurrency design? And if not, can it be improved so its flaws are not important anymore?
There can't be a single cryptocurrency that has the "best design". It comes down to both the purpose and design. Yes, Bitcoin can be improved and is constantly being improved (e.g. Segwit).

My largest concern is the energy consumption of the PoW mechanism. For the scalability problems, there should be fixes, and the technology advance here should play in favour of Bitcoin. But in the case of mining I'm not sure if there is a fix for it. That's why I closely follow the developments in parts of the altcoin area (PoS, PoB and similar systems).
Bitcoin could potentially switch to PoS, but PoS is not the answer. PoS is not as good as PoW.

In the end, it may be possible that in 2030 we will not need money anymore. But I think it's a bit early for utopias. There are 14 years until 2030, that's nothing.
I highly doubt that as well.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:22:48 AM

Definitely not. Bitcoin is going to last for centuries. Since bitcoin can be modified for different technologies, it doesn't really matter whether we still have the computer, the internet. Bitcoin will still be modified to work.

So no, bitcoin will last well over 2030. Perhaps forever, even.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:33:06 AM

That scenario is nonsense and wouldn't work. Exactly how would they acquire 90% of all the Bitcoin? In that case (i.e. them trying to buy most of the Bitcoin), I would price mine at $1 Trillion per Bitcoin. I'm sure that many others would do similar (albeit my price is arbitrary). Good luck trying to buy them. Additionally, the "close the wallet and computer until everyone stops" doesn't make sense and wouldn't work.
BTC market cap is so small for even a 3rd world country government. They all need skilled day traders to grab BTC from exchanges. And this scenario would become more likely if you think all world governments as a single one identity (fiat promoters).

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:42:03 AM

If bitcoin is around by 2030 then its going to be in a very strong position or a novelty item.  The next 5 years are key moments.  The govs will be trying to find a way to work with the system since bans wont work.
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:44:54 AM

NO one give you right answer, only everyone give you prediction, and no one give you guarantee is it true or not.
But my answer is, if bitcoin will be finished at 2030, So doesn't matter, now in this time bitcoin is good for us, we are using and saving it and trading it and all we get a profit.
So matter is that if bitcoin remain after 2030, so it is very good for us, so its mean it always alive.  
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

I do not believe bitcoin will stop and disappear in 2030. I believe that bitcoin will have a very high price at all. I believe the future is very good bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:50:29 AM

anything that is being said here is just pure speculation. you can only talk about near future when the network and everything else is still the same (like 2-3 years after today) and you can't give any certain prediction of 2030 which is ~14 years from now.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: