Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Bitcoindark and Supernet?  (Read 1706 times)
x13 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:47:41 PM

I strongly invested into Bitcoindark and Supernet almost one year ago. I have expected a release of Supernet, InstantDex and Pangea soon when I invested in these items 11 months ago. The expectations have not fulfilled yet. I am currently thinking about to sell my stakes of BTCD and Supernet but I am not really sure about it. For that reason, I would like to know your opinion. Is it worth to hold these stakes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bl234st

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:21:31 PM

I strongly invested into Bitcoindark and Supernet almost one year ago. I have expected a release of Supernet, InstantDex and Pangea soon when I invested in these items 11 months ago. The expectations have not fulfilled yet. I am currently thinking about to sell my stakes of BTCD and Supernet but I am not really sure about it. For that reason, I would like to know your opinion. Is it worth to hold these stakes?

I'm afraid your steaks are burnt. You can try to smother it with HP sauce, but it's still gonna have that charred taste and look.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:25:34 PM

I will buy your BTCD and Unity if you need to sell.

If you need info jump into slack or people will cross post interesting things. I am biased because i can see how this tech will change the crypto universe and i see the changes every day.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dratsab

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:30:32 PM

Would you get any real money by selling your stakes now, or would you only get pin money for them? If you would only get a few dollars for them it's not worth selling them. If you could get a reasonable amount of money for them it's worth considering it after checking if the projects are likely to be completed soon or not.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:34:55 PM

Pondsea is legit.  He'll scoop up if you need to exit
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:16:57 AM

I will buy your BTCD and Unity if you need to sell.

If you need info jump into slack or people will cross post interesting things. I am biased because i can see how this tech will change the crypto universe and i see the changes every day.

Translation - You own a lot of these.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 03:01:22 AM

I'll buy your BTCD & SuperNET. I'll pay the going rate, no problems
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:52:22 AM

James commits malfeasance.  Get out while you can.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
iamnotback

Merit: 265

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:27:26 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 12:42:34 AM by iamnotback

jl777 is working feverishly on it. I have been in many discussions with him and we've discussed all the possible options for the final implementation of the anonymity for BTCD. He is very determined to meet his obligations.

He has written a super performant Bitcoind daemon (sans mining) which for example he recently got to sync with Zcash. There is some public discussion of this with the Zcash devs, but I am unable to locate the link again at the moment.

James is a C programmer, and doesn't like to use other languages. This some what of a hindrance because it means he relies on others writing the GUIs and those others have apparently cheated and bailed out on him. I am reasonably polyglot in programming languages and platforms, so there was some discussion about me helping him on the GUI work, but I am busy on other work at the moment.

As far as I can tell, James is legit. Every day he is on encrypted chat and even working on Sundays. And he is very concerned about producing the best technology. He is always available for in depth technical discussions. And he displays a breadth of understanding of the technical issues.

When I first started communicating with James in 2014ish, I couldn't entirely comprehend his technical writings. My original observation was he tends to describe things in the way he visualizes it in his mind without considering the terms and issues his reader would not be understand. Yet this has improved a lot, as we have gained more experience communicating with each other.

Apparently James excels at writing highly optimized C code. I can not vouch for whether his strength is writing coherent and correct code, because I don't have enough experience with his code.

Note I asked James about DecentralizedEconomics' allegation that James was the guy who ran for mayor in San Diego and lost. James says he has always been a programmer and that allegation is false.

My rough guess (based only on his statements about progress and having not looked at the code) is he is still a few months away from polished completion.

I am not knowledgeable about why there were delays other than I've heard allusions to some contracted devs taking advantage as mentioned above, about issues of Nxt and Jean-Luc (which I am not really informed about and I'm not interested to know), and apparently because as James dug in he apparently realized he needed to write his own daemon in order to be able to efficiently implement all the features he desires such as the DEX and also browser based clients/wallets. Note I along with TierNolan were in public discussions with him on some of the technical design issues of the DEX. Also James and I have explored many anonymity designs in private over the past year or two. So perhaps some of the delay is due to so much experimentation.

Disclaimer: at the moment, I have no vested position in any crypto currency other than my own vaporware.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:12:49 AM

jl777 is working feverishly on it. I have been in many discussions with him and we've discussed all the possible options for the final implementation of the anonymity for BTCD. He is very determined to meet his obligations.

He has written a super performant Bitcoind daemon (sans mining) which for example he recently got to sync with Zcash. There is some public discussion of this with the Zcash devs, but I am unable to locate the link again at the moment.

James is a C programmer, and doesn't like to use other languages. This some what of a hindrance because it means he relies on others writing the GUIs and those others have apparently cheated and bailed out on him. I am reasonably polyglot in programming languages and platforms, so there was some discussion about me helping him on the GUI work, but I am busy on other work at the moment.

As far as I can tell, James is legit. Every day he is on encrypted chat and even working on Sundays. And he is very concerned about producing the best technology. He is always available for in depth technical discussions. And he displays a breadth of understanding of the technical issues.

When I first started communicating with James in 2014ish, I couldn't entirely comprehend his technical writings. My original observation was he tends to describe things in the way he visualizes it in his mind without considering the terms and issues his reader would not be understand. Yet this has improved a lot, as we have gained more experience communicating with each other.

Apparently James excels at writing highly optimized C code. I can not vouch for whether his strength is writing coherent and correct code, because I don't have enough experience with his code.

Note I asked James about DecentralizedEconomics' allegation that James was the guy who ran for mayor in San Diego and lost. James says he has always been a programmer and that allegation is false.

My rough guess (based only on his statements about progress and having not looked at the code) is he is still a few months away from polished completion.

I am not knowledgeable about why there were delays other than I've heard allusions to some contracted devs taking advantage as mentioned above, about issues of Nxt and Jean-Luc (which I am not really informed about and I'm not interested to know), and apparently because as James dug in he apparently realized he needed to write his own daemon in order to be able to efficiently implement all the features he desires such as the DEX and also browser based clients/wallets. Note I along with TierNolan were in public discussions with him on some of the technical design issues of the DEX. Also James and I have explored many anonymity designs in private over the past year or two. So perhaps some of the delay is due to so much experimentation.

Disclaimer: at the moment, I have no vested position in any crypto currency other than my own vaporware.

Thanks for that honest & fair assessment, very thought provoking coming from yourself!

Glad to see you're 'not back' Smiley
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:39:04 AM

As far as I can tell, James is legit.

Thanks for that honest & fair assessment, very thought provoking coming from yourself!

Glad to see you're 'not back' Smiley

I must have missed the zcash sync comments.

Aloha iamnotback, always a pleasure to read some fresh air.

@anonymint. Do you have an opinion on unu. The "swarm" inteligence ouija board style thing. Is this something that could be useful for crypto world?
iamnotback

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:53:02 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 07:18:48 AM by iamnotback

I must have missed the zcash sync comments.

Courtesy of jl777:

https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/991

Here is what I wrote to jl777 today:

Quote from: myself
Any external data feed breaks Nash equilibrium of PoW consensus. The only way to do a Dapp or smart contract block chain is to use DPoS wherein the delegates trust each other on the external data sources. Period. So go ahead with PoS if you want to support external data feeds and smart contracts.

To reiterate, I don't vouch for the correctness of the theory in jl777's work. Everyone makes mistakes. I am not reviewing every design decision that jl777 is making, nor he reviewing all my work. So please don't hold me accountable for his work. I merely shared that he is working feverishly.

I won't be here at BCT often.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:42:55 AM

Yesterday I invented and proposed the (afaik novel) concept of PoW (e.g. Bitcoin) checkpointing of PoS to jl777 to fix the nothing-at-stake issue and provide instant security for new PoS block chains, which is a reaction to an incorrect idea for referencing Bitcoin blocks (as a timestamp provider) in PoS chains that he had proposed publicly at bitco.in

Through extended discussions, we together devised the general conceptual idea of how to prevent it from getting stuck and jl777 has to work out the exact Bitcoin scripts.

Again it would be incorrect to assume jl777 is not working feverishly.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:22:08 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 03:49:42 AM by iamnotback

jl777, James, the chief waporvare asset wizard ... without creating any real world users for cryptocurrency. He scammed out over $5 million ... His coins and assets used by nobody except by his shills ... Fine partner and a proper match for you.

• You should document that $5 million claim, because I vaguely seem to remember someone writing jl777 was able to raise 1500 BTC and so that wouldn't be worth more than about $1.5 million at the peak. In any case, I read the DAO raised $168 million, so if you want to talk about waste of resources, then there are bigger fish to fry. The BitcoinTrojanHorse Chinese mining cartel "scam" is extracting on the order of 1800 BTC daily some allege at very low costs and those costs charged to the Chinese people via banking and electrical subsidies. None of that mined BTC is getting into the hands of developer such as myself who is actually capable of changing the world for the better.
  • jl777 has afaik produced working code for feature such as the federated type of decentralized exchange and he has been working on 100% decentralized exchange. He has written what he claims is a very fast Bitcoin c0mpatible daemon in C which he has named iguana. I chat with him sometimes daily and he is always coding. Being coder myself, I know when someone is actually coding or just bullshitting. Granted he does appear to have presold future BTCD features that are not yet implemented, which is something I would never do. But Ethereum presold the entire damn development and had nothing implemented when they raised $millions. The DAO raised $150 million for future unknown vaporware that hasn't even been described yet! jl777's vaporware transgressions seem mild in comparison.
  • It seems just about every altcoin is only used by its investors and doesn't really have much adoption. A similar phenomenon occurs with gold mining junior companies, where most of them are just paper illusions. Yet some of them do become major actual miners someday. This is the way speculation works! If it is too hot in the kitchen for you, then get out of the kitchen and let those who can handle it do the cooking.
  • jl777 is not my partner. We have no shared project wherein we are both developing on the same project and both vested in future ROI on that project. Instead he (or SuperNet) invested a very small amount of funds in my project which he doesn't develop on, to help sustain me when I was extremely sick and bankrupt so I could continue to do my CC research and development. I help jl777 get the theory aspects of his latest designs correct (because I am one of the most astute experts on the theory and design side ... and I don't have time to argue with idiots about why I am ... those who work around me daily know it is true ... there are sufficient examples on the BCT forum for one who knows where to look in my archives ...), but I was not helping him on the design of the things he released before such as BTCD. In exchange of my very impressive ability to invent amazing CC breakthroughs, there is an offer for me to do GUI coding in exchange for BTC of which most wouldn't become due and payable until he releases the new projects and raises more funds. I encouraged him to find another developer for that work, but the reality is having me work on his project helps to insure the design is correct and so he understands my worth. But even if I accept that work (which I haven't yet because I want to reserve my limited time for my own R&D work), I would not be vested in the ROI of any new fund raising for any project he does. He and I are not partners. We simply do rational business with each other and talk tech shop on designs, to the extent it makes sense. He is fully aware that he is not allowed to claim that I am accountable for his projects. Ditto he has nearly nothing to do with my project and doesn't advise me on the design issues in my project.
  • I was incorrect to waste my time badgering other coins about their ethics. I followed smooth's lead on that. I have already explained that the issuers and promoters may or may not have to answer to the legal repurcussions in the future, but that is irrelevant. Also the key breakthrough in my legal understanding is when I recently realized that if the source code is open source , the protocol is decentralized, and the issuers aren't in ongoing control of trading (which was Ripple's mistake that caused them to run afoul of FinCEN KYC/MSB regulations), then it doesn't likely matter under the Howey investment securities test (which is orthogonal to the FinTech regulations such as FinCEN) how the tokens were issued, because the speculators are in control of their future expectation of profits (return on investment) and thus nothing is secured by the issuer. Forks of the source code and copycat coins are evidence of that reality. I opened my eyes and decided to understand the reality of the nature of speculation. The amount of $ flowing into altcoins is miniscule compared to the other scams going on daily since the beginning of mankind, including for example the fraud of the Federal Reserve and fiat money. The Climate Change carbon tax clusterfuck is many $billion greater fraud than anything going on in altcoin ecosystem, and at least the altcoin ecosystem has the chance to spawn an actual breakthough that helps mankind.
  • You seem to have originated from a Communist/Socialist philosophy wherein you think it is the role of society to determine what is fair and how to best top-down regulate the flow of capital. This is incredibly myopic because there is nothing the government can't make worse by regulating it.

"Elephant: a mouse built to government specifications." — Lazarus Long

The joke is on you not understanding that Armstrong is writing about the medium-term when he is bullish, and in the shorter-term his reversals are guiding us through bounces and dips until we get the V crash slingshot that sets up the medium-term blast off.

Your lack of reading comprehension is the joke. AltcoinUK enjoins you in that handicap.

slingshot that feeable puppet mind of yours.... guiding useless scenario after the fact.

As MA has explained, there will always be dumb people to be the bagholders in the market. There is nothing anyone could do to change that.

I will not explain this again. And you and your cohorts will continue your nonsense instead of rolling up your sleeves and actually creating some competition. All you and your cohorts hypocrite holier than thou masturbation is for losers who can't produce anything and instead want to be self-important from their rocking chairs.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 04:11:50 AM

https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET/graphs/contributors

jl777
4,167 commits / 797,347 ++ / 239,368 --

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:29:27 AM

Just stay away if you're not invested or slowly sell them without upsetting the price if you're holding them. You are missing the opportunity to invest in other more profitable prospects. Looking at github they have been working on these projects but without any solid results yet. So it might better to wait until they have something to show for and check of their assets are worth to invest in.

Just my 2c.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
iamnotback

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:57:19 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 02:35:31 PM by iamnotback

Just stay away if you're not invested or slowly sell them without upsetting the price if you're holding them. You are missing the opportunity to invest in other more profitable prospects. Looking at github they have been working on these projects but without any solid results yet. So it might better to wait until they have something to show for and check of their assets are worth to invest in.

Such as Waves which apparently raised $15 million for vaporware and selling a crowdsale pitching IOHK's open source code (and which jl777 was said to be advisor):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15138357#msg15138357

And Lisk which raised $10 million apparently still has problems in the functioning of the wallet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15139560#msg15139560

Or The DAO which raised $168 million with only 2080 lines of sol code:

https://github.com/slockit/DAO

Seems these days it is better to be good at marketing and selling ideas than actual code that is stable and ready for the launch.

Let's hear what you all have to say. Here is your chance to pump your favorite altcoin

Legend has it that Levi Strauss made his fortune selling durable workwear to all those miners in the 1850's gold rush in California. It's not exactly true (he patented the stud design on his Jeans much later in 1871), but the legend lives on - Levi Strauss made his fortune from selling needed inputs to all the miners, and in the process created a product that ended up having universal global appeal that survives to this day.

I think jl777 understands the legend of Levi Strauss

BTCD and SuperNET and Iguana and InstantDEX will provide services to all the other blockchains that will help them compete, so unlike most other crypto currency investments, jl777 isn't actually competing against all the other coins.

Investing in BTCD/SuperNET/Iguana/InstantDEX is like buying a share in a business that creates key inputs for an industry most of us here expect will boom very soon, so it doesn't matter which coins and platforms ultimately 'win', chances are the ones that surive will probably end up using jl777's tech, services, and products in order to scale and be user friendly enough for mass adoption.

+++++Billion. Couldnt agree more

Look I am sometimes helping jl777 so I am not discounting the ongoing viability of Bitcoin for the interim and besides jl777 is (planning on) having his code support other coins such Zcash.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:20:51 PM

I've always loved the UNITY concept and my perception of jl777's commitment to our community. I'd routinely check for updates on his .org site but it was taken down (don't know if it's back up) For me, after some bad trade decisions and my demand for practicability decided just to focus on ltc / BTC for near term growth. In my opinion you have to be long on unity and extremely patient. If you're looking to make a quick buck or need money, the investment is not for you, move to a pump and dump coin and hope you get lucky. If you don't need to liquidate, lock up your holdings and check back in 5 years. I think you'll thank me.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

• It seems just about every altcoin is only used by its investors and doesn't really have much adoption. A similar phenomenon occurs with gold mining junior companies, where most of them are just paper illusions. Yet some of them do become major actual miners someday. This is the way speculation works! If it is too hot in the kitchen for you, then get out of the kitchen and let those who can handle it do the cooking.

Thanks for making that point. You're right: the chances of a mining-exploration property becoming a paying mine are really low, but they're not zero. Formally, all mining-exploration projects - even the few that are going to become real mines - are vapourware. And yes, financing those projects in the hope of a big payoff is the way speculation works. Oddly enough, the exploration companies will share their sampling data with professional and academic geologists if asked: in this sense, speculators are also (indirectly) subsidizing geological research.

I'm happy to learn that you've hit it off with James & that you've found a compadre who's at your level. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

x13 (OP)

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:48:19 PM

I have never doubt this. I follow the work of James more than one and a half year now and he was always very supportive and communicative. Especially on the Nxt forum. What I am getting worried about is the long term development. When SuperNet started many exisiting projects (like Ethereum, Lisk,...) were not even be planned. These are indirect competitors and I am not sure anymore if SuperNet can compete to these new projects.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: