Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:36:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-06 MONEY.CNN.COM Why cyber currency bitcoin is trading at an all-time hi  (Read 2679 times)
DeanC (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:28:01 PM

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/06/technology/innovation/bitcoin/

Bitcoin sounds like something from science fiction: A purely digital currency, created by an anonymous hacker, that operates outside the world's traditional banking systems. The four-year-old currency is very real, though, and it's trading an all-time high, tripling in value in the last two months alone.

//

I recommended it on FB and twitted on my twitter. Let them know we like it! Smiley
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:31:58 PM

This is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

This might help Bitcoin hit the $50 mark, maybe by the end of this month or even sooner.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 04:38:10 PM

Nice one AGAIN good news...,,,  Wink

COINDER
COINDER
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 06:51:44 PM

Very bullish article and in a big site. Major press.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 06:58:21 PM

One deal chronicled on the bitcoin data site BlockChain involved a transfer worth nearly $80,000. The processing fee was 1.8 cents. Beat that, Western Union.

Game. set. match.

To the (often uninformed) people say Bitcoin has no "intrinsic value" ... what would you value an open transparent network with barriers or restrictions that allows anyone to send $80,000 anywhere in the world for less than 2 cents?  $100M?  $1B? $10B?  The network IS the "intrinsic value".
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

One deal chronicled on the bitcoin data site BlockChain involved a transfer worth nearly $80,000. The processing fee was 1.8 cents. Beat that, Western Union.

Game. set. match.

To the (often uninformed) people say Bitcoin has no "intrinsic value" ... what would you value an open transparent network with barriers or restrictions that allows anyone to send $80,000 anywhere in the world for less than 2 cents?  $100M?  $1B? $10B?  The network IS the "intrinsic value".

Shit dude, you nailed it right there!  Shocked
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 07:04:23 PM

Exactly. As surprising as it is, I think that people might be starting to finally get it.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Game. set. match.

But we have a bunch of people that don't want to change the maximum block size, so one day it will be similar to a wire transfer free. Currently 2 cents, in the future? Maybe not. Contact your local Bitcoin Foundation representative today.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:38:32 PM

Game. set. match.

excellent summary!

same here ... I cant believe what i'm reading from CNN (!). Is 'bitcoin' lately a add-customer or still WU like the last years?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:39:04 PM

This is major, but I have to admit I'm a little worried.

While the government already knows about bitcoin from other publicity, CNN just puts it right out front and in their face. I hope they don't decide to enact anything stupid on that basis.

I guess we'll see, just flagging a concern.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:06:37 PM

Nah, all the government employees and congress individuals will be getting in on the action. Cheesy hehe.

TC.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Read this at work today. CNN has been a lot more civil with Bitcoin articles than most major publications. Nice to have some decent publicity out there.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:30:47 PM

Great article. Explain everything in a concise and good way!

Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 08:52:40 PM

This was the first really GOOD ARTICLE in mainstream media about bitcoin. I was not expecting this.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

While the government already knows about bitcoin from other publicity, CNN just puts it right out front and in their face. I hope they don't decide to enact anything stupid on that basis.

You worry too much about government. No matter how many mistakes it makes, it still acts in public interest. Public interest is to embrace a new revolutionary financial technology, not to ban it.
nevafuse

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:44:50 PM

You worry too much about government. No matter how many mistakes it makes, it still acts in public interest. Public interest is to embrace a new revolutionary financial technology, not to ban it.

The same public interest that embraces gambling, drugs, and tax evasion?  People like having control over other people.  Bitcoin removes that control.  I disagree that the public interest is behind bitcoin, but I really hope the government is too slow to really inflict any real damage.  Regardless, I plan & recommend on not poking the bear.

The only reason to limit the block size is to subsidize non-Bitcoin currencies
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:47:28 PM

I don't know how it is in other countries, but at least around here they are starting to see that the financial system is not a friend of governments at all and (very)slowly acting on it. All they want is to enslave people. Even politicians will realise it sooner or later. Wink
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:57:37 PM

The same public interest that embraces gambling, drugs, and tax evasion?  People like having control over other people.  Bitcoin removes that control.  I disagree that the public interest is behind bitcoin, but I really hope the government is too slow to really inflict any real damage.  Regardless, I plan & recommend on not poking the bear.

Bitcoin does not support gambling, drugs, or tax evasion. That is a complete myth. I ran some numbers, and drugs and gambling combine for approximately 10% of the network. That's about as much as it is for regular fiat.

The people on Bitcointalk have an irrational fear of government, believing it to be more than what it is—an association of people help organize society. Yes, it is power-hungry; and yes, it makes mistakes—but there is zero reason to believe it will attack a currency that benefits its own people.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:59:46 PM

The link looks dead now. I think they were just joking.  Cheesy

puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 11:03:50 PM

The link looks dead now. I think they were just joking.  Cheesy

The link is back up: http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/06/technology/innovation/bitcoin/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: