Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin core stuck on '33 weeks behind'. Is there a way around this?  (Read 457 times)
mcgver144 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:54:24 AM

Hi,
My computer shut down the other day because a fan died, and it got too hot. I wasn't able to let the application (Bitcoin Core v0.12.0 (64-bit)) put itself away. The computer is fine now, but when I started  the bitcoin core tells me that something was corrupt, and that it was 'reindexing blocks on disk'. It went through a number of years quickly yesterday, but it seems to be stuck on the '33 weeks behind'.
Is there anyway around this? It shows my btc as 'pending' but it's not available. The application accepts my password ok, but says I don't have the money available.

Somebody said I could 'dump my private keys' into Electum, and have access to the btc that way. He said to google it. Is there a post that talks about this, is this a good way and is there anything better?

I just got a android phone, and I'm still figuring it out, but is that another way to go?

Thanks in advance!

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:14:57 AM

Hi,
My computer shut down the other day because a fan died, and it got too hot. I wasn't able to let the application (Bitcoin Core v0.12.0 (64-bit)) put itself away. The computer is fine now, but when I started  the bitcoin core tells me that something was corrupt, and that it was 'reindexing blocks on disk'. It went through a number of years quickly yesterday, but it seems to be stuck on the '33 weeks behind'.
Is there anyway around this? It shows my btc as 'pending' but it's not available. The application accepts my password ok, but says I don't have the money available.

Somebody said I could 'dump my private keys' into Electum, and have access to the btc that way. He said to google it. Is there a post that talks about this, is this a good way and is there anything better?

I just got a android phone, and I'm still figuring it out, but is that another way to go?

Thanks in advance!

If you can get private key like that somebody said it does allow you to import your BTC address into another wallet.  Be VERY careful with the private key or key's as it allows access to the BTC address.  With Electrum you can use a lightweight wallet like it.  This means you don't have to download entire blockchain, and should allow you access very quickly.  

Not sure how android phone fits in here.   Are you wanting wallet for PC or for a android phone?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 01:29:06 AM

Hi,
My computer shut down the other day because a fan died, and it got too hot. I wasn't able to let the application (Bitcoin Core v0.12.0 (64-bit)) put itself away. The computer is fine now, but when I started  the bitcoin core tells me that something was corrupt, and that it was 'reindexing blocks on disk'. It went through a number of years quickly yesterday, but it seems to be stuck on the '33 weeks behind'.
How long has it been stuck there? Can you provide us the debug.log file? You can get it by going to Help > Debug Window and clicking the button to open the log file. Then just post everything in there here. If it is too long, go to https://pastebin.com and paste it there and post the link to that paste here.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:42:02 AM

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

You must resync blockchain from beggining when it went corrupt :/.
Anyway i would advice some SPV client like multibit (after 2 years i can finally advice to use it again). Someone told u to use Electum its ok also.
It will sync very fast and won't take 70GB of disk space.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:54:04 AM

if your bitcoin core corrupted then you should remove the software and install it again. the corrupted bitcoin core won't work, even if it load all blocks.
if you used your btc address, then save a backup file of your wallet before removing it.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██