Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:25:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Status of Bitcoin and PayPal?  (Read 1186 times)
ammario (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:08:32 AM

I understand that PayPal doesn't offer seller protection in Bitcoin transactions but are they still locking accounts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:14:17 AM

Don't fuck around, scam people or deal with people who will charge back and you'll be fine.

I've been buying and selling for years now and haven't had any problems.
ammario (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:22:12 AM

Thanks for the response, I was interested in creating a PayPal to Bitcoin website with a unique approach to fraud detection/prevention and was just hoping PayPal wouldn't lock the account.
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:48:31 AM

Thanks for the response, I was interested in creating a PayPal to Bitcoin website with a unique approach to fraud detection/prevention and was just hoping PayPal wouldn't lock the account.

That is a pretty nice idea the only thing is that you need to gain trust at the people otherwise this is never gonna work out without any doubts..
ozoro

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:00:15 PM

Please, somebody answer the OP's question ' will PAYPAL block the sellers account' if the account is used for BTC transactions?

Thank you
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:37:58 PM

i think paypal is nothing as compare to bitcoin. bitcoin is superb and paypal is not a universal but paypal is universal/
ammario (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:25:38 PM

Certainly Bitcoin is a more groundbreaking payment instrument than PayPal. It is hard to debate though that PayPal is the more prominent online payment solution. I hope that by unifying the two it will both greatly benefit my wallet and and the Bitcoin community as a whole.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:50:41 PM

I understand that PayPal doesn't offer seller protection in Bitcoin transactions but are they still locking accounts?
If PayPal staff discover that you are using your Paypal account to trade BTC somehow then your account most likely will be frozen.

If I am not mistaken in PayPal's ToS is stated that using their service to operate a currency exchange is prohibited.
ammario (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:57:54 AM

If PayPal staff discover that you are using your Paypal account to trade BTC somehow then your account most likely will be frozen.

If I am not mistaken in PayPal's ToS is stated that using their service to operate a currency exchange is prohibited.

So they consider Bitcoin a currency and not a digital good?
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 04:01:49 AM

Please, somebody answer the OP's question ' will PAYPAL block the sellers account' if the account is used for BTC transactions?

Thank you

Don't do it, unless you like taking risks.  Paypal with close your account and you will feel the pain.  If you want to read about many people's woes, search on the forums of localbitcoins.  Some people think that, maybe if they have a middle account, they won't get caught.  But based on everything I have read, if you sell or buy bitcoins with your paypal account, you are indeed violating their TOS. 

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:01:43 AM

it is against their TOS and also if there is a case of fraud for example someone does a charge back you can't do anything because if you tell them i traded bitcoin with paypal and they did a charge back they won't answer or they can even close your account for that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:19:46 AM

I have once get refund on paypal but i have described that i have purchased digital goods instead of saying i am doing this transaction to buy bitcoin. Locking accounts for using bitcoin in paypal  Huh i haven't heard that before.

Traderx

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:24:50 AM

they don't do it , but even if is true how can they know that you are dealing with paypal?
ozoro

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:56:29 AM

Can PAYPAL block or suspend accounts due to either of the following; too many chargeback, a particular  large chargeback, or as asked previously using the PayPal account to trade in bitcoin?
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:19:49 PM

as far as there is currently no. bitcoin was anonymous so indeed that is the problem. when da crimes do everything will vanish and disappear.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:54:57 PM

Your idea is impossible before many sites are doing it paypal to bitcoin but they are not success and they remove it.. unless bitcoin to paypal instead..
But still risky people will afraid to scammers..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
ammario (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:54:29 PM

Your idea is impossible before many sites are doing it paypal to bitcoin but they are not success and they remove it.. unless bitcoin to paypal instead..

Well, I'm confident that my unique approach to fraud will mitigate a lot of risks predecessors have encountered as long as PayPal doesn't lock the account for being involved with Bitcoin.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 09:03:23 PM

Well, I'm confident that my unique approach to fraud will mitigate a lot of risks predecessors have encountered as long as PayPal doesn't lock the account for being involved with Bitcoin.

PayPal will most probably lock the account if they detect any bitcoin trade/exchange. They have locked accounts of many users here and unless you get their permission to do so, I don't think you should go ahead. Many users here use Virwox as only that site is a licensed PP->BTC exchanger.

mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:09:10 PM

PayPal will most probably lock the account if they detect any bitcoin trade/exchange. They have locked accounts of many users here and unless you get their permission to do so, I don't think you should go ahead. Many users here use Virwox as only that site is a licensed PP->BTC exchanger.
Paypal is getting that way now as I just got $100 sent to my account that was in pending status for 24 hours. I think they detect that it is from a bitcoin transaction.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:54:24 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 08:52:35 PM by ravens

The only problem that Virwox has is that they take more time than a simple Paypal to BTC transfer.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: