Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:09:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Large Do You Think the Litecoin Network Hashrate Will Get?  (Read 368 times)
hellscabane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:22:37 PM

I would post this in the Alternate Cryptocurrencies Forum, but because I'm a newbie, I can't.   Embarrassed

Anyhow, over the last few days, with more and more people receiving ASICs, many people who were using GPUs have been jumping ship to the Litecoin part of the world.  Difficulty had been hovering around 15-25 over the last few months, but now, the next expected difficulty in 8 hours should set things at 45-50.  Does anyone think that the wave is over or is it possible that we will see a difficulty jump to almost a hundred in the next few weeks as more and more people start dedicating more resources to Litecoin?

Any thoughts on the impact of market values of BTC/LTC as this continues?

I'm just curious more than anything; so an analytic estimate would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I don't think the difficulty will jump to over 100 yet (maybe by year's end, but not in the next 4-6 months); but who knows, I could just be greatly underestimating the amount of new resources that have yet to jump over to Litecoins.

I'm still crunching some data charts, but I think that once movement is done (my guess is that a significant amount of movement is just occurring now and will dissipate towards the end of the month), things will stabilize at .0075 LTC/BTC with BTC at $60.  But I could just be crazy about this too.

Watch all my predictive numbers be incorrect!!!   Grin

So what do you all think?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: