Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA -- Automated sig camp join tool - Feature and functionality Suggestions  (Read 2039 times)
NyeFe (OP)

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:02:42 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 12:03:14 PM by NyeFe

Feature and functionality Suggestion thread

I would love for this thread to be a features and functionality, suggestion thread. The future of this service is on everyone's hands.

So i read someones crazy idea about lending bitcointalk accounts for sig camps.

[Preview]

What permission would the server provide:

Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos (maybe)
>Anything else is not possible

--
--

What the lender can do:

Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid.
--
--

What the advertisers can do:

Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants. And have that campaign up everywhere in minutes.
--
--

The best part, is that everything would be done on our servers. It would be like the borrower is using GooglerAdwords, except its for bitcointalk.

5% of any profit made would go back to bitcointalk forum as a donation for its maintenance
If enough people like this, we'll make it live
Leave your reviews below

--
--

Would we need your bitcointalk username/password? - NO!

Thanks to responses and inputs from OPs on this thread. We have been able to work together to use other solutions, which wouldn't require a users bitcointalk username/password

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:22:45 PM

The basic issue is still not resolved.

What if someone who will rent account start scamming people, or start spamming forum and will get ban?

It can reduce reputation or even completely destroy this account.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 12:42:17 PM by NyeFe

The basic issue is still not resolved.

What if someone who will rent account start scamming people, or start spamming forum and will get ban?

It can reduce reputation or even completely destroy this account.

I forgot to add this, you can only rent account, as in the app on our sever would have the ability to create/delete posts, but it will not provide this service or functionality. As far as i know there wouldn't be any logical reason to give an advertiser the permission to post or delete posts on other peoples account.

All they need is the ability to edit photos, profile text, & sigs automatically for hundreds of accounts. Anything else wan't be provided.

Ditto

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:40:19 PM

Yeah, but users will still need to trust you with full access to their accounts.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:57:03 PM

Yeah, but users will still need to trust you with full access to their accounts.

When you use Facebook,  google, or any other authentication provider to log into a website,  ain't you trusting that website to use the authentication you gave them reasonably?

Well,  if this service is required,  then it will merely be the same thing. As long as the necessary security procedures are taken to secure the system (such as SSL)  then theres really nothing to worry about.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:01:16 PM

What would it allow the borrower to do;
Create/Delete Posts
Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos
*Change all profile settings
--
--

What wouldn't it allow the borrower to do;
Change password
*Change any account related settings
--
--

What would it allow the lender to do;
Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid
--
--

What would it allow advertisers to do;
Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants.
--
--

The best part, is that everything would be done on our servers. It would be like the borrower is using GooglerAdwords, except its for bitcointalk.

5% of any profit made would go back to bitcointalk forum as a donation for its maintenance
Leave your reviews below

The idea actually sounds nice, but it's too risky. Not just for scamming purposes but your account can be banned very easily. The only way to do it good is to work with a reputation points system for posters (who get a higher payment).

But maybe it's better if you just post yourself, it's not like you can earn some big bucks right?
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:09:55 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 08:56:55 PM by NyeFe

What would it allow the borrower to do;
Create/Delete Posts
Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos
*Change all profile settings
--
--

What wouldn't it allow the borrower to do;
Change password
*Change any account related settings
--
--

What would it allow the lender to do;
Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid
--
--

What would it allow advertisers to do;
Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants.
--
--

Leave your reviews below

The idea actually sounds nice, but it's too risky. Not just for scamming purposes but your account can be banned very easily. The only way to do it good is to work with a reputation points system for posters (who get a higher payment).

But maybe it's better if you just post yourself, it's not like you can earn some big bucks right?

Sig advertising is really big nowadays. There's way more adverts (not just for bitcoin projects, but for anything to do with crypto), it just needs a way to manage everything. A way to automate the whole process.

I don't you & I, understood your point very well. Could you explain how an account could get banned?

feinter

Activity: 469

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:58:44 PM

I didn't understand your point very well, could you explain how an account could get banned?

Mostly accounts are banned for spamming - so writing unnecessary or rubbish posts. Actually can be banned if will broke any of forum rules. It can be begging or posting referral links. All rules are here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:05:43 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 09:40:01 PM by NyeFe

I didn't understand your point very well, could you explain how an account could get banned?

Mostly accounts are banned for spamming - so writing unnecessary or rubbish posts. Actually can be banned if will broke any of forum rules. It can be begging or posting referral links. All rules are here:

I'm really not sure how we manage to confuse people. If you read the above implementation details above, you will notice that the server will not provide access to create/delete posts. I think it's really important to make this clear, so to clear up any confusion.

Well, I have myself to blame, for not editing the main post, to show only what would realistically be allowed. But yeah, as far as posting goes, it won't be added or allowed.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:49:53 PM

I'm really not sure how we manage to confuse people. If you read the above implementation details above, you will notice that the server will not provide access to create/delete posts. I think it's really important to make this clear, so to clear up any confusion.

Well, I have myself to blame, for not editing the main post, to show only what would realistically be allowed. But yeah, as far as posting goes, it won't be added or allowed.

So now i'm more confused then before Smiley
I'm sorry, but I don't see any other needs to rent an account as the signature campaign. If person who rent account can not create posts, how will earn from signature campaign?

Edit. Ps. I have feeling that i missed some main information.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:00:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see any other needs to rent an account as the signature campaign. If person who rent account can not create posts, how will earn from signature campaign?

Ahh dang! I see where I lost you.
We're talking about two very different topics. Please, let me clear it up Wink

How it works, is that you signup your account for this service. Now you have given our servers access to manage signature campaigns and payments for that account.

When someone wants to advertise using signature campaign, they specify the account requirements, and NO. of accounts that will host this campaign.

Our server will now select a list of accounts, which match the requirements, and ain't already in another signature campaign.

Then, it will add the advertisers signature to those accounts. That's it.

The advertiser wont have access to those accounts, the server wont allow creating/deleting posts. Everything is automated, much like GoogleAdwords.
--
--

Hope I cleared things up, or did I confuse you a bit more?

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:12:26 PM

How it works, is that you signup your account for this service. Now you have given our servers access to manage signature campaigns and payments for that account.

When someone wants to advertise using signature campaign, they specify the account requirements, and NO. of accounts that will host this campaign.

Our server will now select a list of accounts, which match the requirements, and ain't already in another signature campaign.

The advertiser wont have access to those accounts, the server wont allow creating/deleting posts. Everything is automated, much like GoogleAdwords.
--
--

Ok. So this is not about renting accounts but more to automate recruitment to sig camp.. tool for campaign managers.
As i remember Bit-x and Bitmixer are already using some similar script.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:16:53 PM

--
--

Ok. So this is not about renting accounts but more to automate recruitment to sig camp.. tool for campaign managers.
As i remember Bit-x and Bitmixer are already using some similar script.

Ok, i think we're on the right track.

But can any of them post sig campaigns on your account, collect payments from advertisers, pay you, most importantly, do all of this without even knowing what or how to spell sig campaign?

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:32:28 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 10:46:48 PM by feinter

But can any of them post sig campaigns on your account, collect payments from advertisers, pay you, most importantly, do all of this without even knowing what or how to spell sig campaign?

About access to signature - It will works only when user is active. To do this in right way you will have to add statistics of users - something like rank of the best posters.

Edit. Maybe i'm not clear enough.. If in your service will be registered xx accounts - managers still have to manually check quality of posts and activity of users. Changing only signature is not some spectacular tool. Ok, it can be faster, because can be done when user is not active, but when user is not active is not productive. Quality of posts and activity is the most important thing.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:48:15 PM

About access to signature - It will works only when user is active. To do this in right way you will have to add statistics of users - something like rank of the best posters.

When the user gets registered into the server. They will provide active login credential in a secure SSL-secured page.
Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS to process unique HTML data and IO connections for hundreds of accounts.

We will collect statistics yes (i'll go into a little bit more technical detail) of the updated user information, on each users profile. Now, as you know signature campaigns have requirements such as *Min of 70 characters per/post, or *Min of 30 words per/post or *Min 5 posts per/day. Every week, when the server gets ready to pay everyone, it would go through the accounts weekly data. If the users don't post for that week they would be removed from the server. If any of the users posts don't meet any of the requirements, it wouldn't be included in the total amount weekly payments which they would receive.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:59:43 PM

When the user gets registered into the server. They will provide active login credential in a secure SSL-secured page.
Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS.

We will collect statistics yes (i'll go into a little bit more technical detail) of the updated user information, on each users profile. Now, as you know signature campaigns have requirements such as *Min of 70 characters per/post, or *Min of 30 words per/post or *Min 5 posts per/day. Every week, when the server gets ready to pay everyone, it would go through the accounts weekly data. If the users don't post for that week they would be removed from the server. If any of the users posts don't meet any of the requirements, it wouldn't be included in the total amount weekly payments which they would receive.

Ok. same script have Bitmixer - checking amount of characters (i think min 75), so this is already done.

More interesting will be data base of users that are opened to join  sig campaign - and here: their statistics about avarage characters and words per post, sections and activity.

This can be very useful for you:
http://www.bitcoinrates.in/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:09:51 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 11:22:39 PM by NyeFe

Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS.

Ok. same script have Bitmixer - checking amount of characters (i think min 75), so this is already done.

More interesting will be data base of users that are opened to join  sig campaign - and here: their statistics about avarage characters and words per post, sections and activity.

This can be very useful for you:
http://www.bitcoinrates.in/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

Thanks for the link. Java would be used instead of PHP, because it would simply crash the PHP Apache server, because (maintaining an open network connection) and submitting tens/hundreds of account sig campaigns for each ad, and also maintaining a stateful connection in PHP (which is stateless) would pretty much be a massive technical design failure. Instead I'll re-write any needed parts in Java to keep everything clean

But thanks for the link, I'm sure it might find its way into some of my other projects.

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea. Do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?
I mean that's what this whole thread is about - your opinion!

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:25:09 PM

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea, do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?

To be honest with you.. maybe i'm wrong, but i think that it will take you a lot of work, but you will not get out of it profits.

Tell me please, for who really it will be most useful in your opinion: for users, campaign managers or for advertisers?

In my opinion all of them like to have everything under their own control, and your service will not get much attention.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea, do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?

To be honest with you.. maybe i'm wrong, but i think that it will take you a lot of work, but you will not get out of it profits.

Tell me please, for who really it will be most useful in your opinion: for users, campaign managers or for advertisers?

In my opinion all of them like to have everything under their own control, and your service will not get much attention.

For me, the advertiser, along with the user would be the most important.

The details does sound a lot, but in reality it's probably 1 days worth of algorithms and another day worth of testing.
How can one get attention without making any action?

I'm sure there's someone out their who would rather get paid weekly, for posting, instead of searching for the latest signature campaigns, each time one ends.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:43:09 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 11:59:36 PM by feinter

The details does sound a lot, but in reality it's probably 1 days worth of algorithms and another day worth of testing.

I'm sure there's someone out their who would rather get paid weekly, for posting, instead of searching for the latest signature campaigns, each time one ends.

Advertisers always employ manager - your service can't change that, because posts quality is most important and here have to be manual control.

It can be useful tool for campaign managers, when they are looking for quality posters, but as i know for them, once again, most important is posts quality.

For users.. hmm they have this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
and if they are active, they watch very carefully service section, what is enough to be well informed.

I like your idea, but like i wrote, from this project you will gain only few +1 and many thanks Wink

Edit: Nobody knows in which direction will go signature campaigns. It is an option that will go to the level of unnatural spam without having to check the quality (some sig campaigns are doing it now). Then indeed your service can be used directly by the less demanding advertisers.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:16:31 AM

Advertisers always employ manager - your service can't change that, because posts quality is most important and here have to be manual control.

It can be useful tool for campaign managers, when they are looking for quality posters, but as i know for them, once again, most important is posts quality.

For users.. hmm they have this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
and if they are active, they watch very carefully service section, what is enough to be well informed.

I like your idea, but like i wrote, from this project you will gain only few +1 and many thanks Wink

Edit: Nobody knows in which direction will go signature campaigns. It is an option that will go to the level of unnatural spam without having to check the quality (some sig campaigns are doing it now). Then indeed your service can be used directly by the less demanding advertisers.

I like your help and responses, they're really helpful.

If more people feel the same way as you, then i might stop the project, which would save me the stress of its downfall.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 12:38:53 AM

This is an interesting idea. It could help to curb some spam depending on how the payments work. You could make it so that users are paid at a fixed rate and the user doesn't know the terms of the payment, just that if they are chosen to be in a campaign, they will get at least X Bitcoin per week (or month or whatever). That would help to curb spam as then there isn't an incentive for people to spam to meet their post requirements.

There is, of course, the huge security issue. The problem is that many users may not feel comfortable with entrusting your service with their login credentials, especially since having the login gives full access to the account. This could potentially lead to privacy leaks and loss of the account if your service were to be hacked. The risk goes up for higher ranking members and those with green trust.

Lastly, there is also a technical issue. Bitcointalk only allows you to perform a login action once every 45 seconds per IP. If you need to change the signatures and avatars on a lot of accounts, you're going to need a lot of IPs or servers. They will also IP ban you if there are more than one request per second per IP.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:51:07 AM

This is an interesting idea. It could help to curb some spam depending on how the payments work. You could make it so that users are paid at a fixed rate and the user doesn't know the terms of the payment, just that if they are chosen to be in a campaign, they will get at least X Bitcoin per week (or month or whatever). That would help to curb spam as then there isn't an incentive for people to spam to meet their post requirements.

There is, of course, the huge security issue. The problem is that many users may not feel comfortable with entrusting your service with their login credentials, especially since having the login gives full access to the account. This could potentially lead to privacy leaks and loss of the account if your service were to be hacked. The risk goes up for higher ranking members and those with green trust.

Lastly, there is also a technical issue. Bitcointalk only allows you to perform a login action once every 45 seconds per IP. If you need to change the signatures and avatars on a lot of accounts, you're going to need a lot of IPs or servers. They will also IP ban you if there are more than one request per second per IP.

Thanks for the comment knight, your idea gave me hope. You managed to solve the spamming issue. Because of some pf your comments, I've been able to find some of the other solutions.

For the payment method, your suggested fixed price & hidden terms would be the way to go.

Because of the login system which you mentioned above, we won't require users to entrust us with their login detail. Instead, we would bypass the whole system totally, so the user would only need to give us their cookie_id which is already logged_in. So with this method, even if we did get hacked *hypothetically* the hacker wouldn't be able to change account settings such as password, email...

Hopefully more people like you & feinter will show their interest so we can solve any issues and find a way to meet everyones requirements, to get this project Rock 'n' Rolling

hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:58:58 AM

I think this is a good idea, however as KnightDK said there are many restrictions imposed on by the bitcointalk forum that doesn't allow you to do exactly what you want. Also, the storage of so many login credentials at one single place could prove to be disastrous.

But having said that, account renting is a very good idea. Also make sure that the renter deposits some money to compensate for any losses incurred with the account(bans, negative trusts, etc.)
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:04:32 AM

I think this is a good idea, however as KnightDK said there are many restrictions imposed on by the bitcointalk forum that doesn't allow you to do exactly what you want. Also, the storage of so many login credentials at one single place could prove to be disastrous.

But having said that, account renting is a very good idea. Also make sure that the renter deposits some money to compensate for any losses incurred with the account(bans, negative trusts, etc.)

Thanks for show interest herman, i really appreciate it.

Knights login issue was a good one. There's different ways to actually login to bitcointalk, which can bypass all of this issues entirely, the best thing is that these other methods wouldn't require the storage of login credentials (username/password) but would still provide the same access to edit sigs.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 01:04:58 AM

Because of the login system which you mentioned above, we won't require users to entrust us with their login detail. Instead, we would bypass the whole system totally, so the user would only need to give us their cookie_id which is already logged_in. So with this method, even if we did get hacked *hypothetically* the hacker wouldn't be able to change account settings such as password, email...
AFAIK cookies can't really be revoked without the admins going into the server and deleting all of the cookies, so that is an issue. If you were to be hacked, the attacker could pretend to be that person even if the user changed passwords. At the very least it would be a nuisance and at worst, the attacker could use high ranking and potentially positive trust accounts to scam others.

It would be a lot easier if Bitcointalk had something like OAuth 2.0

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:44:19 PM

AFAIK cookies can't really be revoked without the admins going into the server and deleting all of the cookies, so that is an issue. If you were to be hacked, the attacker could pretend to be that person even if the user changed passwords. At the very least it would be a nuisance and at worst, the attacker could use high ranking and potentially positive trust accounts to scam others.

It would be a lot easier if Bitcointalk had something like OAuth 2.0

That would be an issue if we were to be hacked. It would be an issue if any service (coinbase, btc-e, xapo, coindesk) were to be hacked, we understand the important of following fully strict security procedures.

The important thing (once the security procedures are taken care of), is that we've been able to work together, to find a suitable solution, which would actually allow automating signature campaigns.

Bitcointalk is merely a clean, default install of SMF forum, as you already know. It would be easier if it did have it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an OAuth 2.0 API to come out anytime ever Wink

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:51:45 PM

If you let the renter deposit some money, it could be successful, since he/she will be more careful. The only problem that 'is left' is for a renter to be a scammer. You could bypass this by having them rotate accounts though.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:21:06 PM

If you let the renter deposit some money, it could be successful, since he/she will be more careful. The only problem that 'is left' is for a renter to be a scammer. You could bypass this by having them rotate accounts though.

In our case, the renter would actually be the server. We wont actually give the account to advertiser. Instead we'll actually just edit the sig camps for them, when they've paid for a new signature campaign (all without them having actually access to the account).

This in my opinion is probably the safest option.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:44:55 PM

In our case, the renter would actually be the server. We wont actually give the account to advertiser. Instead we'll actually just edit the sig camps for them, when they've paid for a new signature campaign (all without them having actually access to the account).

Good idea for automated thing it will have a flexibility in work and such. But it also have a lot of time to work the project can have a lot of error and require maximum effort.
The site should maintain its uptime and other generation will know this forum honestly the idea is as crazy as it is it's great to have such an implementation.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 06:46:38 PM

Good idea for automated thing it will have a flexibility in work and such. But it also have a lot of time to work the project can have a lot of error and require maximum effort.
The site should maintain its uptime and other generation will know this forum honestly the idea is as crazy as it is it's great to have such an implementation.

Hi wuvdoll,

I'm really happy you understand, and find this concept really helpful. Hopefully more people would join to have signature campaigns automated for them.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

[Update]

A preview has been released.

To support everyone, and to make it as simple as possible, we decided to use browser extensions instead of Desktop apps.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 10:40:55 PM

[Update]

To support everyone, and to make it as simple as possible, we decided to use browser extensions instead of Desktop apps.
How exactly does a browser extension with with this? I thought it was supposed to just be a website.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:46:33 PM

[Update]

How exactly does a browser extension with with this? I thought it was supposed to just be a website.

Noooooooo Wink We're not providing junk! This is some hardcore stuff. This is real. This is powerful.
We're trying to distinguish our service from the false PHP clutter out there

How it works, is that it keeps you logged-in and updated (on our server) as long as you're logged-in on bitcointalk.

From there, your sigs will be updated automatically, and payments will made on the bitcoin address on your profile (weekly).
On the server side, it checks every hour that each account (member in a sig) is following the rules or else, they will be banned for 24hrs ...

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 10:52:04 PM

[Update]

Noooooooo Wink We're not providing junk! This is real. This is powerful.

How it works, is that it keeps you logged-in and updated (on our server) as long as you're logged-in on bitcointalk.

From there, your sigs will be updated automatically, and payments will bitcoin_address on the bitcoin address on your profile (weekly).
On the server side, it checks every hour that each account (member in a sig) is following the rules or else, they will be banned for 24hrs ...
Oh I see. This way it pretty much never risks users accounts even if you are hacked. It would require a malicious browser extension.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:55:05 PM

[Update]

Noooooooo Wink We're not providing junk! This is real. This is powerful.

From there, your sigs will be updated automatically, and payments will bitcoin_address on the bitcoin address on your profile (weekly).
Oh I see. This way it pretty much never risks users accounts even if you are hacked. It would require a malicious browser extension.

That's the key actually, nice spot. Even if we're hacked, the user accounts will never be risked.

At most, a user would just need to logout and back in, and any access to anyone will be gone instantly. Its just amazing.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:51:23 AM

Somewhere on this thread we agreed that it wouldn't have been a good idea to show the price that an advertiser/campaign manage is paying the users, because it would lead to spamy posts. Does anyone else agree with me?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

Somewhere on this thread we agreed that it wouldn't have been a good idea to show the price that an advertiser/campaign manage is paying the users, because it would lead to spamy posts. Does anyone else agree with me?
I was thinking that the users should be kept in the dark about all aspects of their payment except for how much they are paid and how frequently. So all the extension would do is just calculate an amount that the user will probably be paid based upon the user's past posting behavior and display that as well as the next payday. In this way, I think that people have less of an incentive to spam because they do not know how much they need to post and they know that they will probably get the calculated amount if they don't change their behavior.

Also, maybe there should be something in the extension that tells the users which posts they made are considered spam and won't be paid for so that people can learn to make less spammy posts.

Lastly, I think we should also try using Google's Prediction API: https://cloud.google.com/prediction/ and use its machine learning capabilities to have it be better at detecting spam than a simple bot. I'm going to try to make that happen.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:14:36 PM

I was thinking that the users should be kept in the dark about all aspects of their payment except for how much they are paid and how frequently. So all the extension would do is just calculate an amount that the user will probably be paid based upon the user's past posting behavior and display that as well as the next payday. In this way, I think that people have less of an incentive to spam because they do not know how much they need to post and they know that they will probably get the calculated amount if they don't change their behavior.

Also, maybe there should be something in the extension that tells the users which posts they made are considered spam and won't be paid for so that people can learn to make less spammy posts.

Lastly, I think we should also try using Google's Prediction API: https://cloud.google.com/prediction/ and use its machine learning capabilities to have it be better at detecting spam than a simple bot. I'm going to try to make that happen.

Wow knightdk! I really appreciate the help

For the first part, do you mean like keeping a record of the average posts per week  (for at least 2 weeks) a user makes & using those figures to calculate how much they receive for each campaign? (if its a pay per/post campaign)

For the second part, I could add another link "History" which has weekly logs of all the posts that where rejected by the application or the campaign manage, with explanations. That's a great idea.

For the last part, I haven't actually considered Google's API as an extension to this. I but if you can make it happen, and if it's successful, then it would provide a really intelligent, unbeatable spam detection feature.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:35:16 PM

Wow knightdk! I really appreciate the help

For the first part, do you mean like keeping a record of the average posts per week  (for at least 2 weeks) a user makes & using those figures to calculate how much they receive for each campaign? (if its a pay per/post campaign)
Yes. It could crawl through the users post history and see how many good posts they made in each time period. Then average it and use that post number for calculating an estimated pay for pay per post campaigns. For fixed rate, they would just see the fixed rate.

Knowing the post history of a user would help with assigning campaigns since you would know how frequently they post and where and whether that matches a campaign's restrictions.

For the second part, I could add another link "History" which has weekly logs of all the posts that where rejected by the application or the campaign manage, with explanations. That's a great idea.

For the last part, I haven't actually considered Google's API as an extension to this. I but if you can make it happen, and if it's successful, then it would provide a really intelligent, unbeatable spam detection feature.
I've already started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1514300.0

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:48:50 AM

We've managed to get several things working. The most important is confirming when a signature,  personal text and picture has been successfully modified.

But of course there's still issue we need to work on. For example there's some character encoding bugs which causes the signatures to be broken and look weird,  when it has been changed.

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:37:39 PM

Because of certain/uncertain circumstances, I've decided to make this project open source for every developer to make use of.

Hopefully interesting services integrating bitcointalk & members of this community will sprout because of this

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: