Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA -- Automated sig camp join tool - Feature and functionality Suggestions  (Read 2039 times)
NyeFe (OP)

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:02:42 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 12:03:14 PM by NyeFe

Feature and functionality Suggestion thread

I would love for this thread to be a features and functionality, suggestion thread. The future of this service is on everyone's hands.

So i read someones crazy idea about lending bitcointalk accounts for sig camps.

[Preview]

What permission would the server provide:

Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos (maybe)
>Anything else is not possible

--
--

What the lender can do:

Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid.
--
--

What the advertisers can do:

Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants. And have that campaign up everywhere in minutes.
--
--

The best part, is that everything would be done on our servers. It would be like the borrower is using GooglerAdwords, except its for bitcointalk.

5% of any profit made would go back to bitcointalk forum as a donation for its maintenance
If enough people like this, we'll make it live
Leave your reviews below

--
--

Would we need your bitcointalk username/password? - NO!

Thanks to responses and inputs from OPs on this thread. We have been able to work together to use other solutions, which wouldn't require a users bitcointalk username/password

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:22:45 PM

The basic issue is still not resolved.

What if someone who will rent account start scamming people, or start spamming forum and will get ban?

It can reduce reputation or even completely destroy this account.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 12:42:17 PM by NyeFe

The basic issue is still not resolved.

What if someone who will rent account start scamming people, or start spamming forum and will get ban?

It can reduce reputation or even completely destroy this account.

I forgot to add this, you can only rent account, as in the app on our sever would have the ability to create/delete posts, but it will not provide this service or functionality. As far as i know there wouldn't be any logical reason to give an advertiser the permission to post or delete posts on other peoples account.

All they need is the ability to edit photos, profile text, & sigs automatically for hundreds of accounts. Anything else wan't be provided.

Ditto

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:40:19 PM

Yeah, but users will still need to trust you with full access to their accounts.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:57:03 PM

Yeah, but users will still need to trust you with full access to their accounts.

When you use Facebook,  google, or any other authentication provider to log into a website,  ain't you trusting that website to use the authentication you gave them reasonably?

Well,  if this service is required,  then it will merely be the same thing. As long as the necessary security procedures are taken to secure the system (such as SSL)  then theres really nothing to worry about.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:01:16 PM

What would it allow the borrower to do;
Create/Delete Posts
Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos
*Change all profile settings
--
--

What wouldn't it allow the borrower to do;
Change password
*Change any account related settings
--
--

What would it allow the lender to do;
Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid
--
--

What would it allow advertisers to do;
Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants.
--
--

The best part, is that everything would be done on our servers. It would be like the borrower is using GooglerAdwords, except its for bitcointalk.

5% of any profit made would go back to bitcointalk forum as a donation for its maintenance
Leave your reviews below

The idea actually sounds nice, but it's too risky. Not just for scamming purposes but your account can be banned very easily. The only way to do it good is to work with a reputation points system for posters (who get a higher payment).

But maybe it's better if you just post yourself, it's not like you can earn some big bucks right?
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:09:55 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 08:56:55 PM by NyeFe

What would it allow the borrower to do;
Create/Delete Posts
Edit signature
Edit personal text
Upload photos
*Change all profile settings
--
--

What wouldn't it allow the borrower to do;
Change password
*Change any account related settings
--
--

What would it allow the lender to do;
Automatically join signature campaigns and automatically get paid
--
--

What would it allow advertisers to do;
Automatically post campaigns + acc requirements, amount of participants.
--
--

Leave your reviews below

The idea actually sounds nice, but it's too risky. Not just for scamming purposes but your account can be banned very easily. The only way to do it good is to work with a reputation points system for posters (who get a higher payment).

But maybe it's better if you just post yourself, it's not like you can earn some big bucks right?

Sig advertising is really big nowadays. There's way more adverts (not just for bitcoin projects, but for anything to do with crypto), it just needs a way to manage everything. A way to automate the whole process.

I don't you & I, understood your point very well. Could you explain how an account could get banned?

feinter

Activity: 469

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:58:44 PM

I didn't understand your point very well, could you explain how an account could get banned?

Mostly accounts are banned for spamming - so writing unnecessary or rubbish posts. Actually can be banned if will broke any of forum rules. It can be begging or posting referral links. All rules are here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:05:43 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 09:40:01 PM by NyeFe

I didn't understand your point very well, could you explain how an account could get banned?

Mostly accounts are banned for spamming - so writing unnecessary or rubbish posts. Actually can be banned if will broke any of forum rules. It can be begging or posting referral links. All rules are here:

I'm really not sure how we manage to confuse people. If you read the above implementation details above, you will notice that the server will not provide access to create/delete posts. I think it's really important to make this clear, so to clear up any confusion.

Well, I have myself to blame, for not editing the main post, to show only what would realistically be allowed. But yeah, as far as posting goes, it won't be added or allowed.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:49:53 PM

I'm really not sure how we manage to confuse people. If you read the above implementation details above, you will notice that the server will not provide access to create/delete posts. I think it's really important to make this clear, so to clear up any confusion.

Well, I have myself to blame, for not editing the main post, to show only what would realistically be allowed. But yeah, as far as posting goes, it won't be added or allowed.

So now i'm more confused then before Smiley
I'm sorry, but I don't see any other needs to rent an account as the signature campaign. If person who rent account can not create posts, how will earn from signature campaign?

Edit. Ps. I have feeling that i missed some main information.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:00:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see any other needs to rent an account as the signature campaign. If person who rent account can not create posts, how will earn from signature campaign?

Ahh dang! I see where I lost you.
We're talking about two very different topics. Please, let me clear it up Wink

How it works, is that you signup your account for this service. Now you have given our servers access to manage signature campaigns and payments for that account.

When someone wants to advertise using signature campaign, they specify the account requirements, and NO. of accounts that will host this campaign.

Our server will now select a list of accounts, which match the requirements, and ain't already in another signature campaign.

Then, it will add the advertisers signature to those accounts. That's it.

The advertiser wont have access to those accounts, the server wont allow creating/deleting posts. Everything is automated, much like GoogleAdwords.
--
--

Hope I cleared things up, or did I confuse you a bit more?

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:12:26 PM

How it works, is that you signup your account for this service. Now you have given our servers access to manage signature campaigns and payments for that account.

When someone wants to advertise using signature campaign, they specify the account requirements, and NO. of accounts that will host this campaign.

Our server will now select a list of accounts, which match the requirements, and ain't already in another signature campaign.

The advertiser wont have access to those accounts, the server wont allow creating/deleting posts. Everything is automated, much like GoogleAdwords.
--
--

Ok. So this is not about renting accounts but more to automate recruitment to sig camp.. tool for campaign managers.
As i remember Bit-x and Bitmixer are already using some similar script.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:16:53 PM

--
--

Ok. So this is not about renting accounts but more to automate recruitment to sig camp.. tool for campaign managers.
As i remember Bit-x and Bitmixer are already using some similar script.

Ok, i think we're on the right track.

But can any of them post sig campaigns on your account, collect payments from advertisers, pay you, most importantly, do all of this without even knowing what or how to spell sig campaign?

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:32:28 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 10:46:48 PM by feinter

But can any of them post sig campaigns on your account, collect payments from advertisers, pay you, most importantly, do all of this without even knowing what or how to spell sig campaign?

About access to signature - It will works only when user is active. To do this in right way you will have to add statistics of users - something like rank of the best posters.

Edit. Maybe i'm not clear enough.. If in your service will be registered xx accounts - managers still have to manually check quality of posts and activity of users. Changing only signature is not some spectacular tool. Ok, it can be faster, because can be done when user is not active, but when user is not active is not productive. Quality of posts and activity is the most important thing.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:48:15 PM

About access to signature - It will works only when user is active. To do this in right way you will have to add statistics of users - something like rank of the best posters.

When the user gets registered into the server. They will provide active login credential in a secure SSL-secured page.
Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS to process unique HTML data and IO connections for hundreds of accounts.

We will collect statistics yes (i'll go into a little bit more technical detail) of the updated user information, on each users profile. Now, as you know signature campaigns have requirements such as *Min of 70 characters per/post, or *Min of 30 words per/post or *Min 5 posts per/day. Every week, when the server gets ready to pay everyone, it would go through the accounts weekly data. If the users don't post for that week they would be removed from the server. If any of the users posts don't meet any of the requirements, it wouldn't be included in the total amount weekly payments which they would receive.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:59:43 PM

When the user gets registered into the server. They will provide active login credential in a secure SSL-secured page.
Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS.

We will collect statistics yes (i'll go into a little bit more technical detail) of the updated user information, on each users profile. Now, as you know signature campaigns have requirements such as *Min of 70 characters per/post, or *Min of 30 words per/post or *Min 5 posts per/day. Every week, when the server gets ready to pay everyone, it would go through the accounts weekly data. If the users don't post for that week they would be removed from the server. If any of the users posts don't meet any of the requirements, it wouldn't be included in the total amount weekly payments which they would receive.

Ok. same script have Bitmixer - checking amount of characters (i think min 75), so this is already done.

More interesting will be data base of users that are opened to join  sig campaign - and here: their statistics about avarage characters and words per post, sections and activity.

This can be very useful for you:
http://www.bitcoinrates.in/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:09:51 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 11:22:39 PM by NyeFe

Technically, the amount of CPU power required to provide this sort of service is so demanding, that the tool which will automate all of this would have to be an enterprise level software which would have its on VPS.

Ok. same script have Bitmixer - checking amount of characters (i think min 75), so this is already done.

More interesting will be data base of users that are opened to join  sig campaign - and here: their statistics about avarage characters and words per post, sections and activity.

This can be very useful for you:
http://www.bitcoinrates.in/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

Thanks for the link. Java would be used instead of PHP, because it would simply crash the PHP Apache server, because (maintaining an open network connection) and submitting tens/hundreds of account sig campaigns for each ad, and also maintaining a stateful connection in PHP (which is stateless) would pretty much be a massive technical design failure. Instead I'll re-write any needed parts in Java to keep everything clean

But thanks for the link, I'm sure it might find its way into some of my other projects.

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea. Do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?
I mean that's what this whole thread is about - your opinion!

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:25:09 PM

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea, do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?

To be honest with you.. maybe i'm wrong, but i think that it will take you a lot of work, but you will not get out of it profits.

Tell me please, for who really it will be most useful in your opinion: for users, campaign managers or for advertisers?

In my opinion all of them like to have everything under their own control, and your service will not get much attention.
NyeFe (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

You didn't tell me what you thought of the idea, do you like it, would you use it, what don't you like about it?

To be honest with you.. maybe i'm wrong, but i think that it will take you a lot of work, but you will not get out of it profits.

Tell me please, for who really it will be most useful in your opinion: for users, campaign managers or for advertisers?

In my opinion all of them like to have everything under their own control, and your service will not get much attention.

For me, the advertiser, along with the user would be the most important.

The details does sound a lot, but in reality it's probably 1 days worth of algorithms and another day worth of testing.
How can one get attention without making any action?

I'm sure there's someone out their who would rather get paid weekly, for posting, instead of searching for the latest signature campaigns, each time one ends.

feinter

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:43:09 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 11:59:36 PM by feinter

For me, the advertiser, along with the user would be the most important.

The details does sound a lot, but in reality it's probably 1 days worth of algorithms and another day worth of testing.
How can one get attention without making any action?

I'm sure there's someone out their who would rather get paid weekly, for posting, instead of searching for the latest signature campaigns, each time one ends.

Advertisers always employ manager - your service can't change that, because posts quality is most important and here have to be manual control.

It can be useful tool for campaign managers, when they are looking for quality posters, but as i know for them, once again, most important is posts quality.

For users.. hmm they have this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
and if they are active, they watch very carefully service section, what is enough to be well informed.

I like your idea, but like i wrote, from this project you will gain only few +1 and many thanks Wink

Edit: Nobody knows in which direction will go signature campaigns. It is an option that will go to the level of unnatural spam without having to check the quality (some sig campaigns are doing it now). Then indeed your service can be used directly by the less demanding advertisers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: