Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:07:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-core : Need help with stuck transactions.  (Read 1180 times)
getrichquack (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

Need money

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

G'day!

I don't seem to be able to perform any send TX's at the moment.

I have 3 TX's stuck in my bitcoin-core wallet. Its been about 2 weeks now and they don't look to be moving. All have 0 confirmations, but I'm receiving TX's ok Huh!!

I've tried a number of things , a sweep into an Armory wallet , -zapwallet ( this seems to be defunct now)...they just won't budge.

They are small amounts (mbtc) so I'm not particularly concerned about losing them if it comes to that , However, I would like to know what the hell is going on in case it's indicative of something sinister.

I might want to transfer a larger, more significant amount in the future , so i want to make sure the wallet hasn't been ...compromised...in some way.

Frankly , I suspect my fees may just have been set too low and the TX's got sidelined , but i would think that they should have cleared by now... surely!

Any suggestions? I don't read Blockchain and could use some advise.

I'll supply TX details to genuine parties interested in helping me investigate.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

I guess your wallet is still rebroadcasting the transactions.
If you're uncomfortable posting your TX ID's in public, I suppose you could just PM them to me and I'll take a look at them.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:58:41 PM

Did you delete the transactions to let them be forgotten by the network etc?  Did you try the steps in the pinned post above?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.0

G'day!

I have 3 TX's stuck in my bitcoin-core wallet. Its been about 2 weeks now and they don't look to be moving. All have 0 confirmations, but I'm receiving TX's ok Huh!!

I've tried a number of things , a sweep into an Armory wallet , -zapwallet ( this seems to be defunct now)...they just won't budge.

They are small amounts (mbtc) so I'm not particularly concerned about losing them if it comes to that , However, I would like to know what the hell is going on in case it's indicative of something sinister.

I might want to transfer a larger, more significant amount in the future , so i want to make sure the wallet hasn't been ...compromised...in some way.

Frankly , I suspect my fees may just have been set too low and the TX's got sidelined , but i would think that they should have cleared by now... surely!

longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:50:19 PM

Just to be clear: It's -zapwallettxes. And you have to start the client with it, not do it from the built-in console.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
getrichquack (OP)

Need money

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:04:02 AM

Just to be clear: It's -zapwallettxes. And you have to start the client with it, not do it from the built-in console.

Thank you for your reply Bob   ..No I did not know that i had to "start the wallet" with it ...how exactly would I do that mate?

getrichquack (OP)

Need money

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:05:57 AM

Did you delete the transactions to let them be forgotten by the network etc?  Did you try the steps in the pinned post above?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.0

G'day!

Hi CR

Yes i have tried a number of the actions recommended in this thread , but I will review and try again .. Thank you for taking the time to reply i appreciate your effort

getrichquack (OP)

Need money

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:08:20 AM

I guess your wallet is still rebroadcasting the transactions.
If you're uncomfortable posting your TX ID's in public, I suppose you could just PM them to me and I'll take a look at them.

Thanks your unholiness,

This is actually the sort of help i was looking for ...Ill take you up on that offer if you don't mind .
I'd be interested to know what you find .
PM coming

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 01:17:18 AM

Thank you for your reply Bob   ..No I did not know that i had to "start the wallet" with it ...how exactly would I do that mate?
You have to add -zapwallettxes to the startup command for Bitcoin Core. You can open up the terminal for linux or Mac or open up the Command Prompt for windows and type the following (assuming that Bitcoin Core is installed to default locations):
Code:
bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes
Bitcoin Core will start up and once it finishes loading, you should see that those unconfirmed transactions are no longer listed. At this point, you can shut down Bitcoin Core and start it up as you would normally.

getrichquack (OP)

Need money

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:33:05 AM

Thanks Knight

That worked perfectly first time and All coin has returned to my wallet.

Thanks to all for advise and Help

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: