Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26319 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 03:46:06 PM

Thanks Bruno & Rassah!

Donation received Grin
No problems at all. We will keep you updated with our efforts in making this movie awesome and also how much luck we have in suggesting Bitcoins to not-for-profits.

Best,
Johannes

Still waiting for an update. It's been almost twos hour since your last update.  Grin Grin Grin

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:01:13 AM

Willing to donate $10,000 if you are my friend, cheers

~Bruno K

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Wouter Drucker

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:33:14 PM

we meet Satoshi Nakamoto he's pening the finishing touches on http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09959.html

It would be really nice to open the film with just a screen of the text appearing letter by letter, with the sound of typing.

"1) The mining pool operators (aka the people that operate "BTC Guild", "50BTC", etc) - 2) The software developers (those working on the main bitcoin client, as well as those who work on others apps and mining software) and 3) The hardware developers - these would probably be the hardest people to get interviews with, but all of those with successful (and possibly even unsuccessful) created ASIC hardware."

Add Satoshi Dice.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:02:42 PM

It would be really nice to open the film with just a screen of the text appearing letter by letter, with the sound of typing.

I believe it's a legal requirement, mandated by international treaties, that any such documentary begins with Pink Floyd's "Money"

Wouter Drucker

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:27:29 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 08:59:08 PM by Wouter Drucker

I believe it's a legal requirement, mandated by international treaties, that any such documentary begins with Pink Floyd's "Money"

First the silent typing opening, then after the first scene has ended "Money" with the opening credits and some kind of 'sequence'. I believe that is a pretty standard film opening which works very well.

Example (I'm sure we can find more): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w First 9 minutes (2 scenes with small and big music climax, then the main film with longer scenes).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 08:56:12 PM

First the silent typing opening, then after the first scene has ended "Money" with the opening credits and some kind of 'sequence'. I believe that is a pretty standard film opening which works very well.

If someone remembers a film that starts in this way: post a link. It's always good to look at examples.

Not exactly what you requested, but a damn close second option. (short) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubw0JDlyQU

If nothing else, borrow the concept.

Another way to incorporate the song is at the beginning of the doc, show a busker picking Money, later in the film, expand the song further, then further, then toward the end, a full orchestra playing the song, and finally a choir, as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNsI54-26k8

There's a term that describes this progression, but it eludes me.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:01:01 PM

Let's pick some more:

Segment about Satoshi: "Who are you", The Who

Segment segueing from the first big rally & crash to the current rally: "You aint seen nothing yet", Bachman Turner Overdrive

Obviously, "The Taxman" by The Beatles has to be worked in somewhere too.

Wouter Drucker

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:03:21 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 10:40:50 PM by Wouter Drucker

If nothing else, borrow the concept.

By far the best results are achieved by either

• copying
  • inventing by mistake

So as long as it's not you who does it.  Grin

Let's pick some more:

Segment about Satoshi: "Who are you", The Who

Segment segueing from the first big rally & crash to the current rally: "You aint seen nothing yet", Bachman Turner Overdrive

Obviously, "The Taxman" by The Beatles has to be worked in somewhere too.

IMO this would create the effect of 'taking you back in time', which would not be appropriate: it should be futuristic.

Community: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w
8-bit version of "Money": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAtohqRCkNk  Grin
Anarchistic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsSiEpZMQY
Cyber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr0oet0Mhoo

There's a term that describes this progression, but it eludes me.

I think I know what you mean, a lot of Hollywood films use it, especially if the score is very good: 'Titanic', 'The Bodyguard', 'The Lion King'.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:43:01 PM

UPDATE: My mother just realized Bitcoins have real value!  Roll Eyes

The full Story >>>Here<<< at our Power-24-Hour-Blog!
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:27:51 PM

Just thought I'll share with you what Bitcoin 100 would expect if you accepted our offer.

Source:  http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/wordpress/?page_id=32

PRIORITY AD SPACE ON SITE: Just one clickable link would suffice.

OWN LOGO ON FRONT PAGE: Not important, but may take you up on the offer.

HALL OF FAME: Not sure what this curtails, but probably won't need it.

THANK-YOU DVD & FULL MOVIE: We'll pass on this, opting to pay for it.

LOGO IN DVD-BOOKLET: Might be interested in this, but no big deal.

MENTION IN CREDITS: Text only will be fine.

SPECIAL THANKS IN CREDITS: Again, text only will be fine.

MENTION BY DIRECTOR IN EVERY INTERVIEW: Only if you wish, but won't be offended if you don't, even if it's the majority of the time.

You can even leave us out of the contest, thus distributing prizes to any of the other donators. I'm not sure if this was ever a concern on your part while thinking about accepting our challenge.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm the only one offering to donate $10K-$20K USD through Bitcoin 100, in essence surpassing your initial goal of $13K USD.

Once you say the word GO, I'll even start and man a thread to help you reach the ten non-profits goal within 90 days max.

~Bruno K~

Hi Bruno,

Since your cause has donated ~14 BTC so far you guys float between the 10 BTC ('Wood Sponsor') and 25 BTC ('Gold Sponsor') mark, which means you should at least have all the privieges a Wood Sponsor would get plus some things from the Gold Sponsor Tier. PM me to discuss the details for not cluttering the thread (or post it if you insist to make it transparent at all cost Wink )
Id like to aid you guys in your cause as I think everybody profits from it!

Greetings from Germany,
Johannes
Wouter Drucker

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

Spekulatius: there are many choices to be made in making a documentary. Can you talk a bit about your ideas?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 01:31:48 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 01:45:18 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Just thought I'll share with you what Bitcoin 100 would expect if you accepted our offer.

Source:  http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/wordpress/?page_id=32

PRIORITY AD SPACE ON SITE: Just one clickable link would suffice.

OWN LOGO ON FRONT PAGE: Not important, but may take you up on the offer.

HALL OF FAME: Not sure what this curtails, but probably won't need it.

THANK-YOU DVD & FULL MOVIE: We'll pass on this, opting to pay for it.

LOGO IN DVD-BOOKLET: Might be interested in this, but no big deal.

MENTION IN CREDITS: Text only will be fine.

SPECIAL THANKS IN CREDITS: Again, text only will be fine.

MENTION BY DIRECTOR IN EVERY INTERVIEW: Only if you wish, but won't be offended if you don't, even if it's the majority of the time.

You can even leave us out of the contest, thus distributing prizes to any of the other donators. I'm not sure if this was ever a concern on your part while thinking about accepting our challenge.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm the only one offering to donate $10K-$20K USD through Bitcoin 100, in essence surpassing your initial goal of $13K USD.

Once you say the word GO, I'll even start and man a thread to help you reach the ten non-profits goal within 90 days max.

~Bruno K~

Hi Bruno,

Since your cause has donated ~14 BTC so far you guys float between the 10 BTC ('Wood Sponsor') and 25 BTC ('Gold Sponsor') mark, which means you should at least have all the privieges a Wood Sponsor would get plus some things from the Gold Sponsor Tier. PM me to discuss the details for not cluttering the thread (or post it if you insist to make it transparent at all cost Wink )
Id like to aid you guys in your cause as I think everybody profits from it!

Greetings from Germany,
Johannes

Now how the fuck did the barn wood guy backdoor the Wood Sponsor position?

Seriously, I nor Bitcoin 100 is interested in earning rewards for our actions. As you've quoted me above (in bold) in regard to this tier system of yours, I feel it best to dole any perks achieved via our funding efforts to those we may obtain to donating to your cause either directly or indirectly.

For instance, the entities I get on board to post Challenge Grants. They may be more incline to accept said rewards, perhaps donating in such a manner to reap the maximum benefits. Remember, I'm gunning for at least 10 people to pledge no less than $5,000 USD total, coupled with The Bitcoin Foundation to grant another $1,000 USD, IFF I obtain 10 new non-profits before the end of April.

This way you would receive no less than $16,000 USD worth of bitcoins into your coffer. As you well know, I'm already less than an inch there, since you've already received 1/16th of the my goal, with only 15/16 left to go. Now, if I were in Germany, the task at hand would be even smaller, for I would be measuring it in cm, assuming a cm is shorter than an inch.  Roll Eyes

One more thing that I don't want to take for granted. Those 10+ entities I've been speaking of should get proper billing as well, similar to the 10 non-profits I bring on board. In fact it's imperative that this is arranged, for it's a major selling point for me to obtain those entities. I'm sure that BitPay, Coinabul, Butterfly Labs, Mt. Gox, Memory Dealers, Satoshi Dice, et al., would love to see their names on the big screen. (apologies if I left off major entities on the list, but was penning from memory off the top of my...let me rephrase that)

~Bruno K~
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 02:12:43 PM

Or they could, you know, NOT do an extremely overdone cliche, and come up with something original. Personally I'd like to see that.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:34:47 PM

UPDATE: Second Bitcoin Docu announced!

Hi Everyboy, Im excited about this project! There is another Documentary in the making by Pittsburgh film makers that aspires to take Bitcoin to the public this year. Have a look at their project thread and show them some loving!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158091

We have been in contact over the past weeks and agreed on some collaboration to boost our both projects. They seem to focus on the US-side of things while we have, due to our geographical location, the focus on the European community momentarily.
I cant wait to see their movie, I hope they release more info soon! (may have to stop calling it the "FIRST" Bitcoin Docu eventually Wink )
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:04:49 PM

Any updates or progress on this? Or have you guys been too busy just sitting and staring at the prices going  Shocked like the rest of us?
buddhacoiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:51:47 AM

love this Johannes!  would be great to be involved somehow.  kann Deutsch sprechen und wohne in Kanada, bruder wohnt in Asien und spricht Mandarin, freund in Kanada (auch Deutsch) hat film in der Uni studiert...
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:09:18 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 08:29:31 PM by Spekulatius

UPDATE: Interview with the guys from Ogrr.com on 9th and 10th of April (next week) in Berlin!

Hi everybody,

Just to let you know that we are back from our trip from Bratislava and Vienna with some great interviews and contacts!
More will be released shortly, always first on our blog!

We will meet Jesse and Co. from Ogrr.com in Berlin and interrogate them on Bitcoin and Virtual Worlds, their own projects and some inside views of the unfolding digital items trade economy!

If you have any questions for them, let us know and we will ask them. Leave your ideas in the comments (of our blog)!

We are also still looking for a great location to have the interviews. Some place with power outlets, silence (more or less), around 20m² space and no passers-by running through our set up. If you have any ideas, pls help us out and get into contact with me!
(I thought of a Cyber-Café or COmic book store but anything with a nice background would be fine)

Cheers,
Johannes

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:12:15 PM

love this Johannes!  would be great to be involved somehow.  kann Deutsch sprechen und wohne in Kanada, bruder wohnt in Asien und spricht Mandarin, freund in Kanada (auch Deutsch) hat film in der Uni studiert...

Hi thx buddha!

Im sure we an work something out!
Where exactly are you located? Others have also pledged their support and have even offered to conduct interviews for us over in the US. Maybe you guys could join forces on the right occasion. Do you have any skills that you could help us with?
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:16:36 PM

first scene have a kid asking their dad for some money he gets out a dollar flicks it in the air to the kid who catches it while saying "turn this into a trillion"

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:40:24 PM

@ Bruno:

When we stayed over at Bratislava on Alex Breadman's invitation (he also organises this year's other big Bitcoin Conference), I was introduced to his charity program that he runs together with his fiancé and a friend; its called BitcoinTablet and is based on an interesting idea. Basically they want to raise funds (Bitcoins) in order to ship tablets for the lowest prices available at no additional costs to schools and rural communities in Africa. The twist is that these tablets run on solar power and can communicate with one another and with the internet through a meshnet from device to device. That way no additional infrastructure is neccessary and only one device connected to the internet enables all of them to take part in the global community. Oh yeah, and as a bonus Bitcoin Clients are already pre installed;)

Its still in early stage but they will receive the first batch of tablets next month and have already arranged some schools in central Africa to ship to.

Have a look and if you like it, pls consider to support them!

Cheers,
JR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: