Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26319 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:26:37 AM

I can show you my Bitcoin Boardgame I made if you like (I also live in Germany).

see here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118158.0

I lol'd when I downloaded your game and had a look at the cards! Cheesy
Really funny! I encourage everybody who's part of some Bitcoin cracker barrel to print the game out and bring it on your next meeting!
For added fun, you may wanna gamble for some Bitcoin bank notes Wink

You could be the kind of guy we are looking for our main story. You seem very much involved in Bitcoin and have some projects on the side we could show. I would like to learn more about your Bitcoin history and plans, pls PM me if you are interested!

Cheers,
JR
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:34:57 AM

If the general consensus is that this endeavor is viable, I see no reason why Bitcoin 100 can't donate $1,000 worth of BTC toward the project. We would ask that some credit of sorts be placed on the final production, and definitely on your website.

What is the projected release date?

We'll reveal the release date in the next days, stay tuned. And thx for your suggestions! I realize a lot of people want to have a say on where to spend the next tranch of funds from Bitcoin 100. We would of course be happy to accept your donations, but please hold on a couple of days more before you start any official polling! We will make some announcements in the days to come to make it clearer what we plan on doing next and what we already accomplished! Next announcement tomorrow..
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:40:02 AM

No time to read through the whole thread -

Bitcoin may turn out to be of historical importance. Therefore, everyone here should make sure these early days are documented. If you do have home footages of your mining rigs, bitcoin discussions, in-person trades, bitcoin firsts, bitcoin disasters, angry wives - by all means preserve these footages and share them with Spekulatius!

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:47:14 AM

@Spekulatius

Besides $/BTC and video submissions, is there anything else you desire to see this project to fruition of which can be donated, whether a physical object or time (read providing some service)?

Thank you for asking.
You can donate anything you deem useful to this project, especially:

- Contacts of interesting people
- Suggestions on how to improve
- Animation work for animated sequences, like explainatory animations on how Bitcoins work or what you can do with them (free of any tendencies or opinions pls!)
- Anything really, just the other week some benevolent user has quasi donated his domain to us. Have a look at his gift here: bitcoindocumentary.com
- If you like making music we would love to have someone writing one or the other song for us to use in the final movie. Pls contact me if you are interested!
- Have a look at our OP in this thread, I will try to keep it up to date with assignments, users can take part in. Right now we need a Spanish translator for the Argentinian interview I recorded, while I was there. !Por favor envian mensajes a: info@bitcointhedocumentary.org o usa la función de "PM" en este forum y contactame, si están interesados! !Gracias! (and dont mind my Spanish Wink)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 10:15:50 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 10:28:09 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

@Spekulatius

Besides $/BTC and video submissions, is there anything else you desire to see this project to fruition of which can be donated, whether a physical object or time (read providing some service)?

Thank you for asking.

- Animation work for animated sequences, like explainatory animations on how Bitcoins work or what you can do with them (free of any tendencies or opinions pls!)
- Anything really, just the other week some benevolent user has quasi donated his domain to us. Have a look at his gift here: bitcoindocumentary.com
- If you like making music we would love to have someone writing one or the other song for us to use in the final movie. Pls contact me if you are interested!
- Have a look at our OP in this thread, I will try to keep it up to date with assignments, users can take part in. Right now we need a Spanish translator for the Argentinian interview I recorded, while I was there. !Por favor envian mensajes a: info@bitcointhedocumentary.org o usa la función de "PM" en este forum y contactame, si están interesados! !Gracias! (and dont mind my Spanish Wink)

If you paid for a Spanish program from psy, there's a scammer tag section on this forum. Also, Dank is the best musician I can think of on this forum. I just came up with an interesting idea while penning that last sentence. Image Dank as a busker, playing(?) his guitar, accepting donations only in bitcoins, whereupon if he reaches a certain amount, he'll stop playing. Otherwise the song(?) remains the same.

<end humor>

Seeing that there's four of you, and the documentary's based on a financial aspect, what better place to start it than here?

After filming a similar work, head on over to Bank on Dave and try to convince him to start accepting/dealing-in Bitcoin. Explain to him that you're making a documentary and looking for a short term Bitcoin loan.

For starters, everything you guys are doing now that's Bitcoin related should be filmed, for it's all part of the project.

Back to the Bitcoin 100 proposal.

Currently, we have ~$20,000 worth of bitcoins setting in our coffer. All we're asking in return for a $1,000 donation is a link on your official site and a tiny mention in the credits, something you would do for some other entity willing to donate a chuck of change. You would do it for Bank on Dave, wouldn't you?

But I'm willing to go one better--a lot better. But it would entail a little effort on your part, but worth the footage. I'll explain in sec, but first the following.

Originally, Bitcoin 100's intent was to dole out 100 BTC to any non-profit that would simple embed a Bitcoin donation option onto their website, provided they met a couple simple criteria. Four have done so, and $400 to $1,200 worth of coins were donated to them, depending on the exchange rate at the time. The purpose was, and still is, to further the awareness of Bitcoin. Now some of those early entities we approached declined when bitcoins traded in the single digits (US dollar speaking). Now at $46 a coin, they may have second thoughts seeing that there's $4,600 to be had.

But I foreseen this as a possibility early on, thus suggestion that at some arbitrary amount like $20 per coin should be the cutting off point for the 100 BTC donation. Since we've surpassed that mark, and Bitcoin is obtaining more exposure, it's time to cut that figure down to $1,000 per charitable organization, but not lower, as I've mentioned a few times already in Bitcoin 100's main thread.

And what more venerable cause then your endeavor to start, leaving us with ~$19,000.

Here's what I propose. First accept the $1,000 donation. Then seek out an NPO/NGO willing to embed a Bitcoin donation option onto their respective website, and they will receive a $1,000 donation. For your efforts, $500 worth of bitcoin will be transferred to your coffer.

Ideally, it'll be nice to be filming your efforts, showing beforehand how easy this sounds, but hopefully you encounter brick walls which makes good cinema.

Do this 12 times total, and you'll receive an additional $6,000 on top of the $1,000 we hopefully gave you, leaving $1,000 in our coffer at the current exchange rate. Hypothetically if the exchange rate remains the same after your team/network-of-friends garner the 12 non-profits, we'll give you that $1,000 as a bonus. At the end of the day, our coffer will be empty and your (ours, as in bitcoiners) documentary is well on its way. I'm sure you brainiacs can figure out a way to weave the story line in on how you had to give away thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins so that you can make this fine documentary.

Think about it! It'll probably be the first ever documentary funded via the giving away of money opposed to the trying of obtain it. And it would only take some effort on your team's part, of which you should be able to collect some fine footage during the process, provided camera's in hand.

Fuck it! Make it only 10 NPO/NGO's you need to obtain at $1K a pop, and the rest is yours. And if the exchange rate goes higher in the coming weeks, of which it may, I pretty sure you'll have your $13K from us. We'll still dole it out at $1,000 per charity and $500 to you, with the balance transferred once the tenth charity is obtained.

Image the footage when you receive a yes on that tenth entity. The jumping up with joy knowing that you have earned the money hoped for to make said documentary.

What we get out of the deal is eleven more non-profit entities (ten, plus yourself) who've added Bitcoin donation options onto their websites. That's all we ever wanted in the first place. And if the exchange rate wouldn't have risen, the best we would have hoped for was only ~4 more with the current amount of bitcoins we have on hand.

The way I see it, it's a win/win for all parties concerned. The worse aspect of the entire deal is that there would be some effort on your team's (and your network of friends/associates) part. But the filming of said effort would make the quest that much more valuable.

If luck is on your side, you may even approach $20K worth of bitcoins.

The other option is doing it the old fashion way getting a dollar here, a dollar there, and in no time (no pun intended) you've have a sawbuck.

Let me know what you think.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 10:36:41 AM

And if you accept the above offer, during the interim of you obtaining the ten non-profits we obtain one some other way, we'll still shoot you $500 worth of bitcoins, thus one less you have to secure. But no promises.

Perhaps, a selling point to the NPO/NGO's could be a mention of their noble causes in the documentary. That'll help give them further exposure as well, especially if the film was nominated for something--or anything.
Jaques

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 11:52:16 AM

@Spekulatius

Thank you for asking.

i could help with the spanish-translation ...
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 06:38:51 PM

UPDATE: Trace Mayer, entrepreneur, lawyer and author of a variety of books including: "Bitcoin Beginner’s Guide" and "A Lawyer’s Take On Bitcoin And Taxes"  has confirmed an interview with us on March 18th in Vienna!
He also hosts RuntoGold.com and HowtoVanish.com and is known to be a strong advocate of personal and financial liberties.

We have our very first interview set up as a chain of appointments in the coming weeks. On Monday we will make the trip and meet Trace in Vienna, where he is invited to hold a presentation at the Global Payments Forum. If everything goes as planned, the venue of said interview will be the divine halls of Bitcoin Card's work shop next door. Who knows, maybe we will even have the chance to get hold of some more interesting people to question that day..

First snippets of the interview will be available few days after the filming with exclusive digital content accessible only to commited supporters,.. see our Donation page for details on how to unlock this special privilege!

Thank you to all our supporters so far!
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:13:07 AM

I can arrange some footage with a criminal, carder/assassin/fullz/computer hackers, etc, if you like.
This was a completely serious post lol. If you don't think organized crime is a relevant part of bitcoins then you are on some good acid.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:44:07 AM

link added on http://blockchained.com

edit: just saw my site in the trailer  Grin     The trailer really got me btw.

you got a typo in the trailer at the beginning, it's bitcoinica not bitconica  You might consider having the film reviewed by some "experts" as even little mistakes can drive nerds nuts. Wink
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:44:05 AM

fyi: the media page of your site seems to have a bug:

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/?page_id=288 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:16:15 PM

you got a typo in the trailer at the beginning, it's bitcoinica not bitconica  You might consider having the film reviewed by some "experts" as even little mistakes can drive nerds nuts. Wink

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FOUND THE MISTAKE! Grin

No srsly, thank you for pointing it out. The next reviewed version will fix this typo.

Im glad that you like it! And thx for the link.

The media page is under construction right now, so I guess you found a glitch! Thx for pointing it out. I will let my site admin know.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:18:39 PM

UPDATE: Monster Premiere Event on this year's unSYSTEM 2013!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

More info on our site: http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/wordpress/?page_id=123
and on: http://bitcoinawards.org/

Check it out!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 05:47:33 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 05:58:20 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I assume you're still mullin' over my ~$10,000 USD donation offer.

Don't make me sweeten the offer, for I can do that also.

<thinking out loud> What if I got 5-10 venerable bitcoiners who own viable sites to pledge $500 each each provided you accomplish the task I laid out in X days?

That's another potential $5,000 USD, maybe more.

I'm doing the best I can to help fund this endeavor of yours, short of writing the damn check myself.

<still thinking out loud> Tentative example: If Team Bitcoin Documentary got 10 NPO/NGOs to embed Bitcoin Accepted Here buttons onto their respective websites, and no less than 10 venerable Bitcoin entities pledge $500 each if task is completed, then The Bitcoin Foundation will donated $1,000 USD, provided said criteria was met.

Guys, I'm doin' the best I can to get $20,000 USD in your hands ASAP to help bring this project to fruition.

I'm pretty sure this would be the first documentary ever funded mainly via the giving away of money opposed to the beggin' for donations method.

Currently, Bitcoin 100 has $20,000+ USD in our coffer, and over half of it can becomes yours.

~Bruno K~
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:15:42 AM

If your giving away documentary budgets then maybe you should consider that there are willing professionals in the community, not just some kids with no camera presence, no lighting, no color correction, predictable edits, etc. etc.
Not to sound like a jerk but if anyone is donating to this I suggest you stop.  In order for such a production to have any reasonable impact then it needs to be of a higher bar.
human

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:28:51 AM

If your giving away documentary budgets then maybe you should consider that there are willing professionals in the community, not just some kids with no camera presence, no lighting, no color correction, predictable edits, etc. etc.
Not to sound like a jerk but if anyone is donating to this I suggest you stop.  In order for such a production to have any reasonable impact then it needs to be of a higher bar.
we should have a contest. for bitcoin. and the process could also be distributed...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 02:39:52 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 05:37:49 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Just thought I'll share with you what Bitcoin 100 would expect if you accepted our offer.

Source:  http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/wordpress/?page_id=32

PRIORITY AD SPACE ON SITE: Just one clickable link would suffice.

OWN LOGO ON FRONT PAGE: Not important, but may take you up on the offer.

HALL OF FAME: Not sure what this curtails, but probably won't need it.

THANK-YOU DVD & FULL MOVIE: We'll pass on this, opting to pay for it.

LOGO IN DVD-BOOKLET: Might be interested in this, but no big deal.

MENTION IN CREDITS: Text only will be fine.

SPECIAL THANKS IN CREDITS: Again, text only will be fine.

MENTION BY DIRECTOR IN EVERY INTERVIEW: Only if you wish, but won't be offended if you don't, even if it's the majority of the time.

You can even leave us out of the contest, thus distributing prizes to any of the other donators. I'm not sure if this was ever a concern on your part while thinking about accepting our challenge.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm the only one offering to donate $10K-$20K USD through Bitcoin 100, in essence surpassing your initial goal of $13K USD.

Once you say the word GO, I'll even start and man a thread to help you reach the ten non-profits goal within 90 days max.

~Bruno K~
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:47:41 AM

Sounds like a faggot is on the loose with a computer.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 07:56:19 PM

Sounds like a faggot is on the loose with a computer.

Not dissing you, but not sure what you're implying.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Not sure how much longer I'm going to leave this kind offer available, but currently there's over $10K USD on the table for the taking to help fund The Bitcoin Documentary.

Just say the word, and together we'll get this ball a rollin'. To be clear, I will be helping every step of the way with your team of 5(?), including your network of friends and associates, along with our fellow becoiners here on this forum. Rassah is justa itchin' to transfer the coins.

~Bruno K~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: