Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:22:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question About Paper Wallets  (Read 648 times)
hellscabane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:48:42 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 11:31:21 PM by hellscabane

I just wanted a better understanding of how Paper Wallets work.

I understand the process of it, but if you have the address of a Paper Wallet (not the private key), how many times can you send to it?  Or is there no limit since all of the transactions are saved to the network and once a client is created and the private key is imported, all of the coins will be brought along from that address?

I'm just slightly confused because there is also this thing about backing up Bitcoins and a keypool and the possibility of losing coins if you use an outdated backup.

If anyone could answer my question; it'd be greatly appreciated.

Found the answer to my own question.
Galahad

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:08:59 PM

What was the answer to your question? I was just searching the forum and found you had the same queries as me. It's always helpful to provide an answer to your own question for others.

Thanks.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:24:53 PM

What was the answer to your question? I was just searching the forum and found you had the same queries as me.
- snip -

Yes, you can send to a paper wallet address as many times as you want.  All the transactions are saved to the network, and once a client is created and the private key is imported, all the coins will be accessible that were sent to that address.

The "keypool" and "outdated backup" questions are referring to the behavior of  a particular wallet (Bitcoin-Qt).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: