Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 05:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trading gold is illegal  (Read 898 times)
mynameisdon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:59:19 AM

i am confused that why government neglect bitcoin?
bitcoin have function as gold.Goldsmith and gold dealer aften buy gold in low rate and sell it to high rate.this can be also seen in bitcoin trading.

now question is that why some people and government take bitcoin as a point of storing black money?
gold rates are also flexible as like bitcoin. people also can store gold by buying it with black money.
in some country bitcoin is also banned by government. so i think they also should ban gold.

what different do you think in both? describe please.

hao567tao

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:17:42 PM

some country think bitcoin could be used in Money laundering,it's harmful to the country's finance
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:08:31 PM

It mostly has to do with the understanding of bitcoin by the policy and law makers and their personal interests. A lot of people believe that bitcoin is produced out of thin air and therefore has no value and is just a ponzi. Gold on the other hand is not as such, hence it is considered to be legal.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 09:45:48 PM

It mostly has to do with the understanding of bitcoin by the policy and law makers and their personal interests. A lot of people believe that bitcoin is produced out of thin air and therefore has no value and is just a ponzi. Gold on the other hand is not as such, hence it is considered to be legal.
Bitcoin is untraceable and anonymous.And more importantly,Government can contol the supply of gold which is not the case with bitcoin.Another reason,one can use bitcoin directly to buy anything but this is not the case with gold.Gold is a commodity and bitcoin a currency
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:03:55 AM

Grin
Gold is supposedly regulated, sure, but the government has no idea how much private gold India has.
There are many instances where gold is simply passed on from generations to next.
India's government regulated gold is miniscule with respect to private gold reserves.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:41:18 AM

some country think bitcoin could be used in Money laundering,it's harmful to the country's finance
well yes, this indeed is true. Bitcoin is facilitating money launder. I have myself seen it and have come across people in Delhi who are laundering money out of India through BTC.
masakali

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:03:02 PM

Yes some people use bitcoin to launder money, but this is very very very small compared to the Gandhis and the Bofors and the Mallayas who launder money via Rupees and Swiss accounts. So let us ban rupees itself?

As with any worthwhile invention of substance, there will be ways to use it for the betterment of mankind and there will be ways to use it for fraudulent activities.

pratap11

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:25:34 PM

Trading gold is illegal in India i didnt know about that.
I thought gold trading would be legal in india surely because gold market in under control of government they can trace it and can also take taxes on it as well
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: