Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Android / iOS / Open Source] Bitcoin Trader by MtGox Live App  (Read 5286 times)
rasengan (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 10:55:24 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 09:35:44 PM by rasengan

MtGox Live Bitcoin Trader is an Android application that lets you buy, sell, trade, send, withdraw, view orders, cancel orders, view history, view depth, and more.  Send BTC to any btc.to address instantly in the app.  Now you can pay for stuff in person at restaurants in NYC, etc.

EDIT: 1.5 update adds compatibility with new MtGox history/etc.  Also includes MtGox Live graphs within the app!  Now watch MtGox Live while mobile!

Edit: This is an old thread.

You can download the application live from the Android Market (binary / v1.5):
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mtgoxlive.trader

The iOS application was re-submitted to the app store (modifications required due to changes in MtGox site) and should be available soon.

Please come chat with us on #MtGoxLive on irc.freenode.net
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/MtGoxLive

http://mtgoxlive.com/

Joseon.com - The First Legally Recognized Cyber State

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:31:10 AM

1 Question.
who is LONDON TRUST MEDIA, INC?HuhHuhHuh

How can i trust them to give them via the app my mtgox User & Pass?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:33:53 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 09:27:14 PM by rasengan

Great question!

No login credentials are saved in the app.  This does not use a third party server.  All commands are sent to MtGox directly.  You can monitor your network traffic if you are not sure.  All commands are sent to and from directly by SSL to MtGox.

Hope this helps!

klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:36:27 AM

thanks  Smiley

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:41:26 AM

I'm *very* paranoid about software that is too close to my wallet or other means to make all my money go away. Imagine a famous tool that is programmed to do some transactions this christmas. Google fraud regulations would closely check the identity of the developer only then. Even *if* I'm running this under my real name I might consider it worth trying if my app can shift billions in $$.

I'm helping test Bitcoin Wallet as I only trust open source in that area. My main wallet is on a bootable USB stick and backed up in different places.

Sorry to "attack" your most likely well intended app but others are definitely tempted to attack wallets.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:44:57 AM

These are completely understandable sentiments.  That's why I strongly urge you to monitor your network traffic and try it with a tester account if you so wish.  I know all about the feeling!~

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 12:37:02 PM

what does it help to know you did not rob my money till christmas when you rob all the money of all users on christmas?

do some server closed source if you need to and the client open source so people can review. you will not get people like me in the boat. I'm even sceptical about apps that just monitor the exchange rates as they might come with a zero day exploit on some update. you can buy 0d exploits for a million and make billions the save way. sure same applies for pocket lights and papi jump clones but for me price monitoring apps have a clear focus that might get used in a malicious way later.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
bitbot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:30:28 PM

the EULA looks like complete garbage
I wouldn't login with an .05 btc mtgox account

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 05:43:03 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 09:27:44 PM by rasengan

MtGox Live is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mt. Gox.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 12:27:20 PM

i'm happy you took that step. looking forward to see reviews Smiley

i have no time to review now, nor do i need the app, but i wanted to look into appcelerator for a long time so it's on my list Wink

did you code mtgoxlive.com? it's really cool. just some remarks:
interpolating points may look nice but misrepresents the actual market depth. i would optionally change that for rectangular lines.
also the green line jumps between sellers and buyers a lot. i would offer an optional split into two lines - a seller line and a buyer line.
the traded volume is not visible in the graph. bars on the left and right edge of the screen underneath the rest maybe?

ɃɃ
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 01:22:44 PM

i'm happy you took that step. looking forward to see reviews Smiley

i have no time to review now, nor do i need the app, but i wanted to look into appcelerator for a long time so it's on my list Wink

did you code mtgoxlive.com? it's really cool. just some remarks:
interpolating points may look nice but misrepresents the actual market depth. i would optionally change that for rectangular lines.
also the green line jumps between sellers and buyers a lot. i would offer an optional split into two lines - a seller line and a buyer line.
the traded volume is not visible in the graph. bars on the left and right edge of the screen underneath the rest maybe?

Great!  Appcelerator is really neat.

I did not code MtGoxLive.com, but I agree that it is awesome.  I will pass on these messages to the developer!

Thanks!

zef

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:31:56 PM

Been waiting for something like this, but it needs an endorsement from someone like magical tux, etc before I feel safe using it. Just paranoid really at this point, I do appreciate the work that goes into something like this.
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:03:37 PM

Version 1.5 has been posted to Android Market.  Includes working history with new MtGox API as well as MtGox Live trade charts within the app.  Open source and I will be updating the github in a few minutes.  Please let me know if there are issues, as I do not own a smartphone and cannot check. Tongue

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 06:21:32 PM

impressive ... +1000 downloads in no time.
People on the market trust you more than here ...

In case people here also want the market version rather than compile for themselves, here is the link:

One issue I see is the wording that might confuse people into thinking this would be the official app by MtGox. If I were MtGox I would check my legal options. Maybe you want to put a disclaimer? Sorry for being so picky Sad

ɃɃ
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 06:32:13 PM

Nah - that's a great point ^^
I will update this now.  Thanks for all your help Smiley

zef

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:50:23 PM

i broke down and tried it.  this is a really nice program, great job.
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:35:41 PM

Cool and thank you ^__^

Hope it helps you.  Please let me know any requests/etc. here or IRC or anywhere Wink

kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:39:15 PM

It would be nice to have a stripped-down version that only shows the chart equivalent to mtgoxlive.com, so that one doesn't need to log into a mtgox account just to see the chart.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
rasengan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:41:42 PM

You should be able to if you go to http://mtgoxlive.com/orders in your Android or iOS based web browser.  Please give it a try ^^

kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:45:00 PM

You should be able to if you go to http://mtgoxlive.com/orders in your Android or iOS based web browser.  Please give it a try ^^

So it does, thanks!  I hadn't tried it since it was on bitco.in/orders, and I couldn't find any browser for android that speaks websockets.  The current version of the website works like a charm.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: