Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We've seen this before people...  (Read 2404 times)
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 02:05:57 AM

Look familiar?

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:07:28 AM

thank you I was looking all over for something that resembled this..So glad I didnt sell at $38. Gta keep reminding myself Im in this to win it, and Im not gna budge until i see it breach that $50 mark

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 02:08:17 AM

Yep, let them try though, my hands are "stronger".

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:32:20 AM

thank you I was looking all over for something that resembled this..So glad I didnt sell at $38. Gta keep reminding myself Im in this to win it, and Im not gna budge until i see it breach that $50 mark

"in this to win it" means selling a little above $50?

I think it's rational to think fair-value is single-digits (or less) or triple-digits (or more). There aren't really any convincing long-term scenarios that produce a stable middle ground.

As I've said before, the exchange rate is not stable anywhere between $10 and $500. So pick your long-term viewpoint, and stick with it.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 03:11:43 AM

Its almost identical...

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:25:41 AM

I think it's rational to think fair-value is single-digits (or less) or triple-digits (or more). There aren't really any convincing long-term scenarios that produce a stable middle ground.

As I've said before, the exchange rate is not stable anywhere between $10 and $500. So pick your long-term viewpoint, and stick with it.

If you look at the price over the course of bitcoins lifetime, on a log scale, it seems to be leveling out. I would say it looks like the future price will level out somewhere between 50 and 300 USD, roughly.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:42:10 AM

This is very likely not like what we've seen on the way up, and I'm pretty sure this signals the peak of the bubble.  The only real question at this point is how low we'll go.  My guess of single digits in April of this year might not be so crazy afterall.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:43:29 AM

*yawn*

Today has been a blasty blast  Cheesy
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

I think a bit above silver is a decent place to correct to for a while. Bitcoin has had it's historical struggles with 1, 5, and 10 dollar parity. It's history at price points above that is much more fragmented though. If the market corrects downwards some time around $20 or $30, and bitcoin overlaps occasionally at an unreasonably low price with silver at an unreasonably high price things would be good for both.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:00:39 AM

I think a bit above silver is a decent place to correct to for a while. Bitcoin has had it's historical struggles with 1, 5, and 10 dollar parity. It's history at price points above that is much more fragmented though. If the market corrects downwards some time around $20 or $30, and bitcoin overlaps occasionally at an unreasonably low price with silver at an unreasonably high price things would be good for both.

Why would there be any correlation between the price of an ounce of silver and the price of a bitcoin?

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:06:48 AM

Why would there be any correlation between the price of an ounce of silver and the price of a bitcoin?

No important reason, but it makes a nice psychological one. Kind of like how five dollars sufficed so long as a happy middle to sit on after the last crash.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

This is very likely not much like what we've seen on the way up, and I'm pretty sure this signals just the peak of the bubble very beginning of an incredibly rally.  The only real question at this point is how low high we'll go.  My guess of single triple digits in April of this year might not be so crazy afterall.

Interpreting Proudhon's Enigmatic But Startlingly Accurate Investing Advice 101
They should teach this at every business school.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:06:34 PM

Repeat a million times: past price action does not guarantee future price movement.

The same chart pattern at different price level can mean different things.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:21:01 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 02:33:04 PM by zby

And here:

and here:

but actually also here:

And the current one - for comparison:

One interesting point - in all these cases, and your too, the dip started around Thursday (Thursday or night before or after:)

Unfortunately - pretty inconclusive.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

Look familiar?

Yes, that was a correction, prior to the big, fun run-up to $49.
Does this look familiar?   Shocked

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:12:06 PM

The most similarity is between the current run up:

it starts from around 12 and gets to 49 - that is 4x growth.

and the one to 15:

starts from around 5 and gets to 15 - 3x growth.

The first crash from 15 gets to 10 starts between Thursday and Friday - that is half of the growth and has 220K volume, the second three days later gets to 7.5 that is half of the rest of the growth.
We had just one crash from 49 to 33, started between Wednesday and Thursday, with a bit less then half of the growth and less volume (only 150K).

And that still does not mean anything.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:31:48 PM

The most similarity is between the current run up:

it starts from around 12 and gets to 49 - that is 4x growth.

and the one to 15:

starts from around 5 and gets to 15 - 3x growth.

The first crash from 15 gets to 10 starts between Thursday and Friday - that is half of the growth and has 220K volume, the second three days later gets to 7.5 that is half of the rest of the growth.
We had just one crash from 49 to 33, started between Wednesday and Thursday, with a bit less then half of the growth and less volume (only 150K).

And that still does not mean anything.

There is a big difference between now and that run-up to 15. That was the height of the Pirate mania, and the sudden downward spike was when Pirate announced retirement. There was much uncertainty about how things would shake out.

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

I'm convinced we being played by someone with around 500K or more BTC. While I sold out early well before the 20's I think we could see mid $200's before the cracks start to show, and a crash to single digits. (Unless we see some early BTC tycoon dump and blow this market "player's" plan)  at the end of the day ultimately wealth in BTC is only created my diversity in adoption and economy, so this cycle will continue for years until we have reached a maximum adoption rate. 

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:23:10 PM

I'm convinced we being played by someone with around 500K or more BTC. While I sold out early well before the 20's I think we could see mid $200's before the cracks start to show, and a crash to single digits. (Unless we see some early BTC tycoon dump and blow this market "player's" plan)  at the end of the day ultimately wealth in BTC is only created my diversity in adoption and economy, so this cycle will continue for years until we have reached a maximum adoption rate. 

Inserting a wish of good luck to everybody waiting for single digits!

In 2011, this is the same we have wished to people waiting for sub-$1 bitcoins. Good luck waiting! Don't die of old age in the process.

i am satoshi
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

CHOO-CHOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: