Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Manufacturers Driving Difficulty  (Read 608 times)
JerimiahJohnson (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:27:24 AM

I personally think it's BS

I have been watching the ASIC scene for awhile and I have been watching the ASIC "manufacturers" for awhile

THe ASIC manufacturers arent going to get the "lucky few" who receive early delivery a chance to get rich - like you all are hoping

they are going to drive the difficulty up themselves and then ship - by the time any consumer gets an ASIC it will be the equivilent of what an FPGA is now.

I have a p4 on my roof running on a solar panel that gets a share accepted about every 4 days
i guess i took it literally when my mom told me there's no way to get rich quick Sad

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:22:19 AM

There are ways to get rich quick, but putting yourself at the end of BFL's preorder list isn't the way to do so. Wink

And yeah, ASICs will become about as standard as FPGAs are now once they're more widespread.  They won't be special anymore once everyone has them.  But that's not necessarily a bad thing... just makes mining a more competitive business.
--Kaizer--

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:27:57 AM

....my mom told me there's no way to get rich quick Sad

I not listen to my mother Wink
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:29:31 AM

You should sale your P4 / solar pannel and buy BTC instead.
Heathrow

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:32:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if BFL is happily farming away with machines folks have preordered.  They are a pretty sketchy group.  I just wish that Avalon would come out with batch three, so I could get in some farming.  They'll probably release that before BFL cleans up their act.  I'm on their mailing list, and their site is my homepage, so hopefully I'll know as soon as they release the third batch.
JerimiahJohnson (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:35:55 AM

well I ordered a fairly large order in Batch 1 of Avalon - and I still have not received tracking number and I can no longer log into their store  - kinda sucks Sad

and quite frankly makes me very nervous Sad

brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:01:43 AM

I personally think it's BS

I have been watching the ASIC scene for awhile and I have been watching the ASIC "manufacturers" for awhile

THe ASIC manufacturers arent going to get the "lucky few" who receive early delivery a chance to get rich - like you all are hoping

they are going to drive the difficulty up themselves and then ship - by the time any consumer gets an ASIC it will be the equivilent of what an FPGA is now.

I have a p4 on my roof running on a solar panel that gets a share accepted about every 4 days
i guess i took it literally when my mom told me there's no way to get rich quick Sad

With the current prices of btc, this would be very tempting by the asic manufacturers.  Perhaps they will label it as a "testing phase."
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:12:43 AM

I am kinda new to this I wish there were a way to get one right away, I think by the time everyone has a chance to get them it will be more difficult to make money. But then again the price per coin could keep rising along with the difficulty and mining would still remain profitable.
JerimiahJohnson (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

thats not going to happen because the price bubble we are in is driven by Avalon's "Batch" Releases.

People are hoarding coins to buy more Avalons and that's whats driving the value of the coin.

zdnolson

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

I thought the price went up because MtGox was moving to US.
paul4now38

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:03:20 PM

How long will people wait before asking for a refund I think by the end of march let's see.
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 08:50:29 PM

Price is going up because bitcoin keeps making major news such as forbes and cnn, this attracts new investors that bring in considerable fiat currency into the trade market.  Poor Mt Gox seems to be struggling to keep up, and there are big delays in trading particularly during peak hours.  Hopefully coinlab will help improve the situation, and not just make it worse by making BTC more accessible to speculators.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: