Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:55:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Shares and Dividends  (Read 4921 times)
conv3rsion

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:17:45 PM

also where the hell else can you get something that pays 20%+ a year in returns AND where you own a share in the company.

AND be holding it in a currency which has a good chance to appreciate AND receive dividends in that currency.

which, because of both the AM and BTC multipliers, means that $6000 invested back in just last august equals something like $1,300,000 right now. On a company that hasn't received a single mention in Forbes or Techcrunch yet.

So yea, people are bullish.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:34:03 PM

sorry i am confused can someone help.  At those dividend rates and 2btc per 1 share, we are looking at 2 /0.00696732 / 4  = ~72 month to make back the initial investment and this assuming the difficulty remains the same which we know is not true as those asic boxes start to go online.

So what am i missing here? why are so many people paying 2-3btc for 1 share of asic miner?

You're not missing anything, various scamsters (like Chaang-Noi) are missing this.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
richard_dein

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:08:35 PM

sorry i am confused can someone help.  At those dividend rates and 2btc per 1 share, we are looking at 2 /0.00696732 / 4  = ~72 month to make back the initial investment and this assuming the difficulty remains the same which we know is not true as those asic boxes start to go online.

So what am i missing here? why are so many people paying 2-3btc for 1 share of asic miner?
There's good reason to believe the dividend payouts are going to be rather steady for a few more years. If you review ASICMINER operations closely you would likely agree, so I won't reiterate that here.

A stock that pays for itself in a few years isn't bad. There are not-so-low risk government bonds that give you around 10% interest after 10 years. Then real life stocks with around 5% dividend yield are already considered quite good. Warren Buffett's favorite Coca-Cola seems to have around 2.5% this time of the year. For that reason I'd think many would consider ASICMINER shares still undervalued.

Of course there is the fundamental question whether real stocks are just even more messed up than ASICMINER shares. To that I only have an opinion, not an answer.
richard_dein

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:18:53 PM

Actually "real life stocks" is quite an inappropriate way to refer to common fiat-purchased and regulated stocks as we know them. Is there a commonly used name to call those things in contrast to these company shares bought and sold with Bitcoin?
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

But this is just some guy who promises to pay you. It's unregulated and you have no idea how much he's actually paying out of the profit isn't it? Also if he just disappears tomorrow..

I don't see how this can be viewed as any kind of long term investment with a 5 yr time horizon other than a short term cash grab before it disappears. I mean the counterparty risk is so significant it can't even be quantified

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 08:06:00 AM

the risk as always in bitcoin is getting your principal back.
These shares will tank in bitcoin terms at some point way before 5 years is up. Don't wait.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: