Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Thing You Bought?  (Read 8885 times)
Persuade

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:35:42 AM

What was the first thing you bought with your Bitcoin? Did you treat your loved ones to a classy restaurant? Or did you bought something for yourself? Bitcoin indeed is really helpful Smiley
First thing i bought with my bitcoins was a steam game from a website only took me few minutes and a confirmation to receive the game in my e-mail was quite faster than using my credit card.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:13:53 AM

i think it is our bad luck that still we have no opportunity to buy any thing from bitcoin except holding it. actually we have no such shopping center here who accept bitcoin. here in our area people have very little knowledge about bitcoin. they knowledge about bitcoin. therefore they are not accepting bitcoin in their shops. but i think a will will come when they will really accept bitcoin when they will know the importance of bitcoin. i think now he time is not so far when we will be able to use bitcoin for buying and selling goods.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:25:54 AM

What was the first thing you bought with your Bitcoin? Did you treat your loved ones to a classy restaurant? Or did you bought something for yourself? Bitcoin indeed is really helpful Smiley
Prepaid top-up load for my phone. Then, I bought a Raspberry Pi.
intereseting. if I remember the way I felt sad. because the first time I buy bitcoin. then I invest to increase ranking in PTC. but the PTC site to be a scam and I lost my bitcoin and I have not reached that point ROI. and it was very sad at first experience buying bitcoin
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:31:29 AM

The first thing i bought is a new laptop, I save 3 months and work 3 months for buying a new laptop. My next target to buy is a new iphone maybe 5months to gain that amount of bitcoin
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 05:37:40 AM

Prepaid top-up load for my phone. Then, I bought a Raspberry Pi.
intereseting. if I remember the way I felt sad. because the first time I buy bitcoin. then I invest to increase ranking in PTC. but the PTC site to be a scam and I lost my bitcoin and I have not reached that point ROI. and it was very sad at first experience buying bitcoin
Sorry to hear that.
That exact thing happened to me back in the Liberty Reserve days. There was this PTC that I invested in to up my rank and turned out to be a scam.
I learned my lesson there, but after that Liberty Reserve itself fell. That's when I found out about Bitcoin.

It didn't happen again with Bitcoin since, like I mentioned, I learned my lesson. Never ever invest in HYIP programs since they're just scams.
pandalion98

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 05:40:35 AM

i think it is our bad luck that still we have no opportunity to buy any thing from bitcoin except holding it. actually we have no such shopping center here who accept bitcoin. here in our area people have very little knowledge about bitcoin. they knowledge about bitcoin. therefore they are not accepting bitcoin in their shops. but i think a will will come when they will really accept bitcoin when they will know the importance of bitcoin. i think now he time is not so far when we will be able to use bitcoin for buying and selling goods.
You could try online stores. Even better, you could try transacting with trusted members here on this forum.

We're currently in the same situation. There's some adoption of Bitcoin here in my country, but I have to ride a plane just to meet them (spoiler: I didn't).
There's no bitcoin store or trader locally in my city.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:43:39 AM

Back in the day there was no True Bitcoiner that didn't own a pair of alpaca socks bought from the friendly people at grasshillalpacas.com (I think this is the right name but it's giving a wordpress error now). So I got one pair =) They cost 1 BTC.
Darwin02

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:49:28 AM

Me I just save my bitcoin for the future , i have money to spend without using bitcoin so there is no problem about that. But some times I need prepaidload I use my bitcoin to load my self.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:56:31 AM

Haven't really spent a lot of my bitcoins that is why my first purchase with bitcoin was load credits for my mobile phone. Online stores are still not an option for me because of the additional charges that I would incur. I am looking at local shops that offer bitcoin as payment but have not really seen any.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:06:40 AM

i wish i could use bitcoin offline in places such as a restaurant,... but where i live there is no place that i am aware of that accepts bitcoin so i have always used bitcoin for online things.

and i think the first thing that i have bought with bitcoin was steam wallet code that i bought from a third party to top up my steam wallet back then.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:34:43 AM

i wish i could use bitcoin offline in places such as a restaurant,... but where i live there is no place that i am aware of that accepts bitcoin so i have always used bitcoin for online things.

and i think the first thing that i have bought with bitcoin was steam wallet code that i bought from a third party to top up my steam wallet back then.

My first bitcoin purchase will be a restaurant too. I wait for a restaurant nearby to accept bitcoin, it if don't happen this year i will buy a bitcoin credit card and pay for my food.
Either way this year it will happen.
MoneyShot2

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:28:19 AM

Laptop

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄ 【BTC】
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:03:37 AM

Since i started in bitcoin, i already bought things with my bitcoin. Thae first thing that i bought using my bitcoin is mobile phone, followed by shoes and personal apparels. Yeah with the used of my bitcoin i have been traited my friends to go on shopping, but not yet in classy restaurant. Thats why i really thankful that i have been meet bitcoin in my life.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:06:02 AM

I am very much fond of leather jackets, so the first thing I bought with bitcoins was branded leather jacket and sports shoes and it was a different and best experience of shopping for me.
agilo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:31:44 AM

first thing i bought was a crypter  Wink
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 10:39:47 AM

the first thing i bought with bitcoin was a game that i purchased from one of those third party sites that were selling steam games for a cheaper price and since it was really with a big discount i liked it a lot.

but nothing bigger so far. although i hope i can someday start spending bitcoin and buy anything that i want not some small stuff off of internet.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:35:27 PM

I never bought anything using Bitcoin physically since there's still no merchant available here in my country that's why I can't spend them actively but the first thing I bought using Bitcoin is top upping my online game on steam which is Dota2. It was a very smooth and convenient transaction since there's no hassle on purchasing you just click and confirm then viola! Credits arrive.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:51:40 PM

If I remember correctly I first bought some games for bitcoin on 3rd party service https://steambitshop.com/ as Steam direct bitcoin acceptance was a dream back then.
Then I discovered services like Humble Bundle (they discontinued bitcoin support, anyone know why?) and G2A, and lastly Steam introduced BTC support in April.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:58:47 PM

I remember buying my school supplies by asking my friend to encash my coins for me. Without Bitcoin, I shouldn't have passed that school year. Good thing I have been doing for a while before the school year started back then.
takingthis4

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:00:11 PM

i remember that the first thing i bought with bitcoins was my mobile phone as i bought the bitcoins and then used it in the shop online

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆