Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:41:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: News Cloud mining service: BITMINISTER Scam or NOt?  (Read 8442 times)
BTCBinary (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:06:21 AM

I recently found this new cloud mining service:

https://bitminister.com

I think they are fairly new and IMO what they offer is too good to be true. Probably one more ponzi scam... I wanted to confirm their presence in the blockchain but I don't know how to do that.

Does anyone has any more info on these guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:00:21 AM

I think they are fairly new and IMO what they offer is too good to be true. Probably one more ponzi scam... I wanted to confirm their presence in the blockchain but I don't know how to do that.

Site is down for me.   Did not even bring anything up.  But sadly almost all are scams, I would not go with a "new" cloud mining service no matter what.  If you want cloud mining go to hashnest, owned by bitmain.  It's honestly as legit as you are going to get.  Personally though I like to own equipment... so might look into buying and hosting.

Looking at it as whois looks like a UK PO box to me.  Which I could be wrong... not totally sure on that.  But site was just created on: Created Date: 2016-04-17 so in a month and a half getting up a hosting center... possible but unlikely.  But take a look yourself: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=bitminister.com

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 01:14:20 AM

Site is very new and looking at the date of registry it was only registered April 17 2016 making it only 51 days old. IP address shows up as coming from The Neatherlands. Registrants name shows up as HARRISON ROWLEY. I tried to search for that name in the web and nothing shows up which makes me think why plaster your name as the registrant of a site and yet you are unknown which makes me think that the name is just cooked up to avoid detection. Stay away from this I guess.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:56:02 AM

FFS, 5% daily and u still have to ask if they are a scam or not?Huh

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:48:03 AM

There will be a lot of new cloud mining popping up these days as halving is near and they are in for some easy easy money from noobs who will invest right away. Now is a legitimate question of mine, since these noobs keep losing and losing from every ponzi scam out there, where do these people find the bitcoins, maybe they only invest a little or do they buy the bitcoins to put in these sites, as if its the second situation then this is a total disaster.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 809

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 08:25:32 AM

There will be a lot of new cloud mining popping up these days as halving is near and they are in for some easy easy money from noobs who will invest right away. Now is a legitimate question of mine, since these noobs keep losing and losing from every ponzi scam out there, where do these people find the bitcoins, maybe they only invest a little or do they buy the bitcoins to put in these sites, as if its the second situation then this is a total disaster.

Many self proclaim cloudmining poping up today because it is their modus that to lame and victimized people, and cloudmining is really attracting to hear for newbie bitcoiners thats why many people are still falling from this trap and we cannot stop it because it is well spread im fb crypto groups and un aware people are their target so they can scam people, really cloudmining is trending topic here in bitcoin furom hope it can raise awareness to people that not to invest in this scheme since it was ponzi and waiting to take their target money and run.

isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:56:10 AM

No doubt that every "cloud mining" website is a ponzi scheme even if they pay in the beginning these sites will turn into scam sooner or later and many people will lose their money.Stay way but if you still want to invest your btc learn how to trade and go for it it is a much better option.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:41:21 AM

Seems that many new cloud mining sites before the halving and I think they exist just to steal people's btc then sell it after the halving for more better price. Sites that offering so great profit should be avoided, because it is now hard to get profit from mining.
The best thing to do is STAY AWAY

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:48:13 AM

New service? I wont trust but as for trusting any cloud mining services out there 'hashocean' and 'hashnest' so far are the best ones.
BTCBinary (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:18:58 PM

New service? I wont trust but as for trusting any cloud mining services out there 'hashocean' and 'hashnest' so far are the best ones.

yeah. I guess I only have confidence in putting my money in Hashnest. They have been around for a lot of time and they are the cloud mining services for Bitmain, so we can completely trust them. However, cloud mining itself is too risky.
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:28:32 PM

yeah. I guess I only have confidence in putting my money in Hashnest. They have been around for a lot of time and they are the cloud mining services for Bitmain, so we can completely trust them. However, cloud mining itself is too risky.
Most of cloudmining sites are running ponzi, paying users from their deposits but they don't have actual mining hardware,I will suggest to either user old & trusted ones or avoid them, don't fall in scam.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:47:08 PM

I agree, stay away from this one.  Just from having a look at their front page how can they offer you those returns, no good just leave it and look at the oldies such as Hashnest or Genesis Mining.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

I agree, stay away from this one.  Just from having a look at their front page how can they offer you those returns, no good just leave it and look at the oldies such as Hashnest or Genesis Mining.
Site is dead for me. I don't even believe these oldies hashnest and genesis.
this new one is 100% a scam site, but these old one also will turn into scam just wait and watch. every one invested their money there should stop investing more and try to get their investment back.
most cloudmining site will dead at the time of halving.
Helpme_please

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:00:18 PM

sure this is HYIP site not cloud mining.
look this promotion

Code:
World's Best Cloud Mining Platform
0.1250% Hourly / 3.0% Daily
Min: 0.01 BTC, Max: 5 BTC
Initial Deposit Back Anytime
0.1458% Hourly / 3.5% Daily
Min: 5.00000001 BTC, Max: 25 BTC
0.2083% Hourly / 5.0% Daily
Min: 25.00000001 BTC, Max: Unlimited
Hausi

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:42:02 PM

Registred @ April 17, 2016
Updated (go live of service) @ June 06, 2016 (Yesterday...)

how you want to tell if a company that started yesterday is legit ? you cant.
They try too look legit, because the show a lot one the page and dont pay for private domain registration. No normal company would buy a private domain registration...
I dont find anything about the Owner, seems to be a "straw man".

They dont get my money Smiley

smells like an webdeveloper who needs $$$ Cheesy stay away
ravens

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:33:57 AM

If you think that the interest seems to good to be true, than it probably is.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:43:11 AM

sure this is HYIP site not cloud mining.
look this promotion

Code:
World's Best Cloud Mining Platform
0.1250% Hourly / 3.0% Daily
Min: 0.01 BTC, Max: 5 BTC
0.1458% Hourly / 3.5% Daily
Min: 5.00000001 BTC, Max: 25 BTC
0.2083% Hourly / 5.0% Daily
Min: 25.00000001 BTC, Max: Unlimited

This mean this will scam very soon, any HYIP which offers daily interest even if its little like 0.50% will scam sooner, let alone a website which is offering 3.0% daily. This is just a HYIP looking to make some bitcoins before halving with the only meaning to scam people and sell those bitcoin after the halving to make some profit. This is not even a ponzi cloud mining website, which usually lasts longer , but ends in the same way taking a persons bitcoin.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:23:11 AM

With actual difficulty, available technology, at the current price of Bitcoin, even with free electricity, it is impossible to achieve 5% per day.
100% Ponzi

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:20:47 PM

The site seems fine, but that's actually what worries me. It doesn't look bad at all but the returns.
That's just absolutely alarming. With a minimum investment of ~$6 and with ROI of nearly 1 month, is not that just impossible?
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:25:52 PM

They are providing 3% daily return on the investment for even smaller amount of 0.01 bitcoin which seem to be so much unstable, i don't think they can survive more than 30 days with such return. Their model is hyip model not a cloud mining site.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: