Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Project100Nodes.com - Easy Setup Bitcoin Nodes  (Read 1439 times)
darkfur93 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 12:21:08 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 05:57:40 AM by darkfur93

Update: July 23 2016: Project is closed. Our one donation will be returned to the sending address within 20 days. Domain name will be sold or terminated if no buys.

http://www.Project100Nodes.com/

What does Project 100 Nodes aim to accomplish?
Our goal is to add 100+ nodes to the network every month by selling low-cost nodes to those who apply.
These nodes will be hardware base. We are not selling a cloud service.

How do you plan on making low-cost nodes?

The nodes will run on a ARM Devices like the Raspberry Pi and Pine64.
Our 1st gen nodes will run in pruning mode off a 16GB USB3 flashdrive and a 16GB SD Card of Debian base Raspbian OS.
To make them low-cost we will be looking for donations and sponsorships.
Eg. Our first month we aim to sell 25 nodes. If we receive a total donation of $854 for our first donation drive that would lower the cost of each node by $34.16. A $75 node would now cost $40.84.

How will I know what my donation is being spent on?
100% of all donations will be used to lower the cost of the nodes we sell.
We will post full transparency reports of the hardware and shipping costs.
Eg. For the month of July 2016 our donation address would be 1Kp2G1W1RPVXHBAoiW8rTFsDvWEg1mJuLc. At the end of the month we total all donations in a USD amount and use that amount for the total donation received.

Do you plan to add more node builders if demand for nodes are high?
Yes! We plan on adding a few more in the near future.

How will I know the software is secure?
The only added software to the Raspbian OS will be our version of bitcoind. The source code will be added on github within the next few weeks.
All bitcoind updates will be signed from a offline computer and have their sha256 checksums posted on this site and our github.

Why do I have to apply to purchase a node?

To prevent people from misusing this project, we require people to apply.
Think about it like applying for a job.

BTC: 1GXFRtMFTyw1KVqkpH2DPiZMmxcyr8wSbX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 02:34:52 AM

Just to clarify a bit... so a donation is or is not purchasing the node? Sorry, just a little confused on what the donation is.
darkfur93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 04:29:00 AM

Just to clarify a bit... so a donation is or is not purchasing the node? Sorry, just a little confused on what the donation is.
A donation is NOT purchasing the node. If you donate it will help lower the cost of the node for someone else who applies for it. Eg. A $100 donation would lower the cost of the node by $4 for 25 people.
All donations are pooled together at the end of the month. If we get a good amount of donations, we would be giving away nodes for little to no cost.

NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:38:28 AM

A donation is NOT purchasing the node. If you donate it will help lower the cost of the node for someone else who applies for it. Eg. A $100 donation would lower the cost of the node by $4 for 25 people.
All donations are pooled together at the end of the month. If we get a good amount of donations, we would be giving away nodes for little to no cost.

Great project.

Is there a way to access/extend the RPC command from the nude, for example, using serial communication?
Also, would there be 1TB prune supported devices with this feature ^ (later in the future), I could see larger companies using them various purposes.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
darkfur93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 04:45:41 AM

Great project.

Is there a way to access/extend the RPC command from the nude, for example, using serial communication?
Also, would there be 1TB prune supported devices with this feature ^ (later in the future), I could see larger companies using them various purposes.
You are able to SSH into the node on a local connection. I'm using the Android app ConnectBot on one of our test units.
Support for harddrives should arrive soon so you should be able to run nodes on a 1TB drives in the future.

NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:48:17 AM

Great project.

You are able to SSH into the node on a local connection. I'm using the Android app ConnectBot on one of our test units.
Support for harddrives should arrive soon so you should be able to run nodes on a 1TB drives in the future.

Well, that's perfect.

I truly have nothing else on my wish list.

We'll support you guys however we can.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:23:03 AM

any newsletter to keep me up to date on this project?
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 11:48:13 AM

Good idea, do you have a sample node (Photos etc) you could show us?

I'd also like to be kept up to date on the project.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
darkfur93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 06:12:25 PM

July Update:
Due to a unplanned property move next month, I won't be able to have the time to build and ship the nodes till around September.
We are asking everyone to hold off on donating until August. The roadmap has been adjusted to fit situation.

Test Model Picture:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: