Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 11:03:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoins in the US- what option for the lowest fees?  (Read 441 times)
Shiroslullaby (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:28:33 AM

Looking for a little information.
If I am buying a relatively small amount of BTC (maybe a few hundred dollars) and I live in the US, what are my options for paying the lowest fees?
Should I be looking at a specific website, or just try to find a trusted member here and pay whatever payment method they will charge the lowest fees for?

I have bought a few dollars worth of BTC before but never anything major and appreciate any advice I can get to reduce paying a large amount of fees as a new user.
I have access to cash, credit cards, paypal.

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:21:44 AM

Since you are located in the US, best option is you go to localbitcoins and find a local trade meaning to find a trustworthy person there to deal in person, usually this kind of transaction has the lowest fees.

Second best option is an exchanger if you can use OKpay you can buy it with almost 0% fee, or the fee will be very low, close to 1:1 rating. Changer.com is such a website.

Third best, find an exchanger here in the Currency Exchange section that is trusted and offers the lower fees. I know a few traders that they only get commission like 5 EURO per trade and then they can convert to almost 1:1 rate. You just have to search through the Currency Exchange section.

I strongly recommend first option.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2371

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:32:21 AM

https://gemini.com/

The exchange rate tends to be mostly in line with the market and they only charge 0.25% (at the most) for trading fees.

You will need to verify your identity, link your bank account and verify your bank account. You will be able to buy bitcoin immediately after depositing money into your account via ACH, however you will need to wait about a week in order to withdraw BTC while the deposit clears the ACH system.

★ ★ ██████████████████████████████[█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
★ ★ 
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:14:06 AM

https://gemini.com/

The exchange rate tends to be mostly in line with the market and they only charge 0.25% (at the most) for trading fees.

You will need to verify your identity, link your bank account and verify your bank account. You will be able to buy bitcoin immediately after depositing money into your account via ACH, however you will need to wait about a week in order to withdraw BTC while the deposit clears the ACH system.

Gemini seem one of the less exchanges that are following the rules and are located in tn the US. Problem with that is you will send them your information (goodbye anonimity)
Shiroslullaby (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:31:35 PM

Yeah staying anonymous would be okay but not a huge deal since I just want to buy some coins and sit on them for a few years.
If I was buying stuff off the darknet etc I would definitely be concerned about linking my bank account to an address. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: