Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another example of Martingale lose  (Read 1799 times)
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:20:59 PM

Well,please tell me the site he was rolling the dice at was provably fair because its certainly doesn't seem like that.I'm assuming the win chances would be 70:30 but its not plausible to see him losing straight in a row and I'm not even talking about the strategy he used here.
If someone makes a large number of rolls, I am sure he will see many long streaks (both the green ones and the red ones). Without knowing how many rolls he has played, and overall how many bets he has won and lost, I don't think any conclusion can be made at all.
That is logical.Though I would definitely like to know the entire scenario here.Considering the chances for double payouts are usually 50:50 percent or more accurately 49:50 that behavior of the rolls seems strange to me.

It is entirely possible to lose even 30 times a row. We are talking about 6 here Tongue
I wonder how this assures provably fair when the chances of wins are 50:50.
Vhern

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:21:13 PM

If only BTC is easier to obtain for oneself, I would consider playing matingale for a low amount not for that big one see the outcome if he happened to won his 5th bet he can only win a profit of 0.10BTC
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:23:35 PM

I can't gamble the same as that.. its a huge money for me if i gamble it.. better to trade if i have 3.8 btc.
Maybe those people have manny bitcoin they are old adopters of bitcoins..
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:29:25 PM

It can be, most possible gambling software recognise large bet, therefore you loose. As far as I know, some gambling software recognise that, so if you place small bet, you win, if you place large bet, you loose.  Wink
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:47:27 PM

Don't know who this guy is but he lost over 3.8 BTC within a minute playing dice with martingale strategy. One of the largest lose I have encountered.

i ever saw someone who lost 300 btc because martingale too, this strat really scary
Yeah martingale is scary as hell if you don't have sufficient money to face off 30+ reds in a row.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:57:55 PM

It can be, most possible gambling software recognise large bet, therefore you loose. As far as I know, some gambling software recognise that, so if you place small bet, you win, if you place large bet, you loose.  Wink

From the look of it, the bets are made on PD which is provably fair. No matter how big or small the bet is, the result is still determined by the same HMAC-sha512 algorithm listed on https://primedice.com/verify with the same client-server seed pair and nonce going up by 1 for each bet until the player choose to have a new seed pair.

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:03:57 PM

Don't know who this guy is but he lost over 3.8 BTC within a minute playing dice with martingale strategy. One of the largest lose I have encountered.

i ever saw someone who lost 300 btc because martingale too, this strat really scary

it is real evidence, that there is no safe in the gambling game, although you have a lot of capital to do a martingale way, it really does not warrant.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:21:41 PM

it is real evidence, that there is no safe in the gambling game, although you have a lot of capital to do a martingale way, it really does not warrant.
I think his bet was too much, he should make the bet at least 1% of his total balance. So, if he bet 0.1BTC, then he must prepare 10 BTC as his balance. But I guess he will back to get his money back. Dont have any idea why people love to play dice.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:28:48 PM

losing in martingale is always hurtful and losing 3.8 bitcoin on top of that, he must have lost his mind after this loss.
this kind of loss in martingale is always more hurtful because you play all day long and win small amounts but when you hit the losing streak your losses grow so big and so fast that you lose all your money and all your winnings.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:07:06 PM

I think his bet was too much, he should make the bet at least 1% of his total balance. So, if he bet 0.1BTC, then he must prepare 10 BTC as his balance. But I guess he will back to get his money back. Dont have any idea why people love to play dice.
This is not a problem too much. but if I were in his position, I would probably do the same thing when using the martingale. but honestly, it was a bad day and was not lucky.
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:25:38 PM

Just goes to show that there are no perfect gambling strategies for winning, hope he could afford to loose it.

It's just math, of course there is no perfect gambling strategy.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:29:12 AM

Yeah martingale is scary as hell if you don't have sufficient money to face off 30+ reds in a row.

yea,someone told me if he had 32 streak loses in a row on 49.95% chance after rolling a lot of bets.

yup, just gambling as fast as you can, dont gambling in a long run.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:47:25 AM

wow that is an unlucky guy to lose this much.
this really shows there is no good strategy in dice games that can help you win in these bets you make.
no matter what you do and how much you winning chance is, there will always be a chance that you see a losing streak and as the result of that lose all your bankroll even

to the moon with bitcoin...
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1189

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:53:58 AM

wow that is an unlucky guy to lose this much.
this really shows there is no good strategy in dice games that can help you win in these bets you make.
no matter what you do and how much you winning chance is, there will always be a chance that you see a losing streak and as the result of that lose all your bankroll even
this is why sometime i hate people that selling trick and then i know that is only martingale strategy , if people can use good strategy in dice game , make money will be easy for all people and some dice site will go bankrupt easily

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:00:21 AM

The martingale strategy is the quickest way to lose all your money when gambling.  He should be doing the reverse.  The more and more he loses, his bets should be getting smaller and smaller.  And as he wins, bets should be getting bigger.  To become a consistent winner is to keep your losses small and your winners big.  Your losses will be more compared to your wins, but snce you're only losing small, your big wins will make up for them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
lalala123456

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:22:12 AM

I lost over 30 grand with satoshidice. I damned blockchain.info for including it on the dashboard.. glad its removed now. Tongue
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:20:40 AM

There are lots of those martingale losses around, and they are just tragic to be honest. They are people who still have no idea what mess they're getting themselves into... Even the highrollers do it these days.

3.5 BTC is still relatively small if you compare to someone like AKCoinminer who has the biggest losses.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:37:59 AM

This is not a problem too much. but if I were in his position, I would probably do the same thing when using the martingale. but honestly, it was a bad day and was not lucky.
Its a common thing when you using martingale for your bet, which you have prepared enough balance to cover it. If you will do the same, then you also will face the same result. Even though lucky is an absolute thing in gambling, you should know other ways to reduce its risk.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:57:13 AM

Ouch, really sad to see someone losing 3+ bitcoin while trying to win 0.1 BTC (assuming that was his base bet). He should have just done a 3 BTC bet on a 1.04 multiplier, as it is faster and safer. Hopefully he could afford the logs and just wanted to have some fun, but it easily could have been someone who was dumb enough to think it would actually work. At least he made Stunna happy.
That would be more risky IMO. Your betting big amount in exchange for small amount. Would be better if he bet on a higher multiplier like 2.5x or 3x with big amount.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 08:13:24 AM

That would be more risky IMO. Your betting big amount in exchange for small amount. Would be better if he bet on a higher multiplier like 2.5x or 3x with big amount.
Martingale is not really safe for higher multiplier imo, it could make the risk become bigger and you will lost much more money. Also, with higher multiplier you have to prepare pretty high amount balance to cover it, or lowering your bet.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████