Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:08:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another example of Martingale lose  (Read 1796 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:46:54 AM

Don't know who this guy is but he lost over 3.8 BTC within a minute playing dice with martingale strategy. One of the largest lose I have encountered.

-snip-

3+ BTC lose on playing dice with martingale strategy!!! Mr.hohnsohn had a big heart I guess. I just saw first time who lose this kind of big amount on dice game. Hope he can afford and come as a professional gambler. I tried to play dice with little amounts but at the end I lose all. I think there is nothing possible there, you will never win at the end. So keep you away from this kind of game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:55:00 AM

There are alot people who lost when trying martingale strat. Better try find other strat which more safe than martingale
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:57:18 AM

Martingale works, his bets were just too big for his bankroll. You need to have enough to take 10 losses at least before you win one.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:04:52 AM

Martingale works, his bets were just too big for his bankroll. You need to have enough to take 10 losses at least before you win one.
You are half right.  He was betting far too big for his bank, so the inevitable big loss came quicker than should have been the case.

Even if he had bet small or had a massive bank, he would lose it all eventually. Martingale is just pushing the losses back, until eventually the odds catch up with you and you lose it all!
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:23:03 AM

You are half right.  He was betting far too big for his bank, so the inevitable big loss came quicker than should have been the case.

Even if he had bet small or had a massive bank, he would lose it all eventually. Martingale is just pushing the losses back, until eventually the odds catch up with you and you lose it all!

Well not even martingale can save you from that. When you are up you need to walk away and add to you bankroll so you can continue to see another day. But yeah, way too big bets for such a tiny bankroll.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: