Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the US Dollar dominate bitcoin trading  (Read 6543 times)
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:24:33 PM

Difficult to say to be honest, I think it will dominate the market of trading of the bitcoin because the dollar is right now really controlling it for a most part .

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:36:16 PM

Difficult to say to be honest, I think it will dominate the market of trading of the bitcoin because the dollar is right now really controlling it for a most part .
Not in Asia,US Dollar will not dominate bitcoin trading in Asia,if we look into market cap in some Asian countries,they have dominate with local currency like Chinese Yuan,Japanese Yen and Rupiah in indonesia. but in european countries,US dollar will dominate and beat Euro.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Bitcoinbee (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:25:28 AM

Not in Asia,US Dollar will not dominate bitcoin trading in Asia,if we look into market cap in some Asian countries,they have dominate with local currency like Chinese Yuan,Japanese Yen and Rupiah in indonesia. but in european countries,US dollar will dominate and beat Euro.

I am also looking at countries within the trading community which has rampant trading activity mostly going to asia.  Is it some kind of a remittance?  Since the trading value could never be considered as a big one time amount.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:40:55 AM

yes it could be, although it looks now this market china has been dominating bitcoin trading but I think dollar remains in control in exchange of another country.

Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:49:00 AM

Probably not. Currently more than 50% of the bitcoin miners and corporations are from China. These guys control and own the supply of bitcoin, meaning that they influence most of the trading going on on the market. If the US is going to beat that, they will have to acquire more mining power, or the government will have to make a statement on the lines of "Bitcoin is awesome! Invest in it!", which will most likely never happen.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:14:04 AM

Probably not. Currently more than 50% of the bitcoin miners and corporations are from China.

this is true but other thing is that dollar is main currency in trading so think that both can coexist without hurting each other
also this is very hard and difficult to predict

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:24:28 AM

It's hard to say no because many bitcoin users buy bitcoin with US Dollar from bitcoin markets. In this situation, of course USD will control the value of bitcoin. Although there are some markets in Asia region which accept local currency but they still refer to international market. So I guess USD is dominating bitcoin trading right now.
Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:36:07 AM

This is just my opinion but many of us converts bitcoin to US Dollars. Because of that I think US Dollars already dominated in bitcoin trading and is traded worldwide.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:43:22 AM

I won't say USd is dominating bitcoin trading but you always need a benchmark to trade with anything.

USD, being the most popular currency, is set as a benchmark for most of the traders. You need something to compare your assets while being traded. So people are using USD. It is good as long as USD remains the most popular currency in the world. Otherwise trading people will find something else to be compared with.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:14:04 PM

Dont forget about Yuan,but there is so many of that printed green garbage,so some investors are trading in dollar,There is not so many euro users in the world,euro zone is small

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:36:54 PM

USD is a global currency that people from all around the world trust it and use it in trading. so as long as the petro-dollar system is still powerful, US dollar will be dominating bitcoin trading
Bitcoinbee (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

USD is a global currency that people from all around the world trust it and use it in trading. so as long as the petro-dollar system is still powerful, US dollar will be dominating bitcoin trading

Yeah and I'm looking at it since the petrochemicals industry is still on its halfway thru being totally mind-out.  We can see Mega petrochem projects on-going in the middle east and I think some of it will be completed in a year or two while cross country pipe laying are still on-going too.  This means the petrochem projects are still in the process of construction.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:34:11 AM

The US dollar has been dictating most of the trades world wide from crude oil to anything.  Is there a possibility that it will dominate in the trading of Bitcoin?
It is possible that the dollar dominates the market of Bitcoins, but other currencies will still be used.
Because Bitcoin is used internationally.
cjrosero

Activity: 616

To God Be The Glory!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:37:43 AM

Yes it will and already happening right know. also you will never know maybe someday dollar will change bitcoin forever.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:53:20 AM

Exchange volume distribution shows clearly that over 75% of Bitcoin trading operations is conducted in CNY.
USD is second top traded currency with only 18% of market share. So I as you can see dollar is not dominating bitcoin trading at all.

Top 5 Bitcoin trading currencies are: CNY, USD, EUR, JPY, and suprisingly PLN.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:22:52 AM

This is what I think too. As I see in asian country like China, they're more likely used Yuan than US dollar.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:45:06 AM

I won't say USd is dominating bitcoin trading but you always need a benchmark to trade with anything.

USD, being the most popular currency, is set as a benchmark for most of the traders. You need something to compare your assets while being traded. So people are using USD. It is good as long as USD remains the most popular currency in the world. Otherwise trading people will find something else to be compared with.

With the US being a global currency, both Europeans and Asians compare to the dollar, it's not surprise the same applies for bitcoin.
In fact it would be wrong if there was no or less trading with the dollar. It would have mean something is wrong with bitcoin.  Although I do think in time the Yuan will take over.

Both internationally as a global currency as in bitcoin trading (volume).

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:56:58 AM

With the US being a global currency, both Europeans and Asians compare to the dollar, it's not surprise the same applies for bitcoin.
In fact it would be wrong if there was no or less trading with the dollar. It would have mean something is wrong with bitcoin.  Although I do think in time the Yuan will take over.

Both internationally as a global currency as in bitcoin trading (volume).

Did you even read any post in this thread beside op? Because 2 posts above yours you can find information that dollar is not dominant currency in bitcoin trading at all.
Yuan is already number one used currency in BTC trading if we take bitcoin exchanges volume as indicator.

Reference: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

So stop spouting nonsense about dominant role of USD in BTC trading...
DuckKeeper

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:58:29 AM

Off course it will i think that us dollars will always be better to use instead of bitcoins same as the people think bitcoins will overrule the dollar in a way i dont think that will happen.
DuckKeeper

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:18:49 AM

Will the dollar domiunate the bitcoin trading i dont think he will be able to dominate the bitcoin because both are totally different users.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: