Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudflare on faucetbox?  (Read 891 times)
JerryMotov (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:27:04 PM

Hey,
I want to get Cloudflare on my faucetbox.
However they warn you that it can be "Dangerous" And that ppl can steal all your BTC..
So I was wondering how can I set this up correctly (so ppl can't steal my btc)
I hope that someone can help me!
Best regards,
Jerry
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:46:32 PM

Hey,
However they warn you that it can be "Dangerous" And that ppl can steal all your BTC..
Best regards,
Jerry

Who warns you that people can steal your BTC? Cloudfare?

Setting up correctly means bots would have trouble using your faucet.
In other words, you want to make sure the page is viewed by an actual human and that he's the one being rewarded for it.
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:49:11 PM

Faucetbox warns me

Code:
This setting allows you to change the method of identifying users. By default Faucet in a Box will use the connecting IP address. Hovewer if you're using a reverse proxy, like CloudFlare or Incapsula, the connecting IP address will always be the address of the proxy. That results in all faucet users sharing the same timer. If you set this option to a correct proxy, then Faucet in a Box will use a corresponding HTTP Header instead of IP address.

However you MUST prevent anyone from bypassing the proxy. HTTP Headers can be spoofed, so if someone can access your page directly, then he can send his own headers, effectively ignoring the timer you've set and stealing all your coins!

Faucet in a Box has a security feature that will disable Reverse Proxy support if it detects any connection that has bypassed the proxy. Hovewer the detection is not perfect, so you shouldn't rely on it. Instead make proper precautions, for example by configuring your firewall to only allow connections from your proxy IP addresses.

If you're using a Reverse Proxy (CloudFlare or Incapsula) choose it from the list below. If your provider is not listed below contact us at support@faucetbox.com

None is always a safe setting, but - as explained above - the timer may be shared between all your users if you're using a proxy.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 09:08:11 PM

Faucetbox warns me

Code:
This setting allows you to change the method of identifying users. By default Faucet in a Box will use the connecting IP address. Hovewer if you're using a reverse proxy, like CloudFlare or Incapsula, the connecting IP address will always be the address of the proxy. That results in all faucet users sharing the same timer. If you set this option to a correct proxy, then Faucet in a Box will use a corresponding HTTP Header instead of IP address.

However you MUST prevent anyone from bypassing the proxy. HTTP Headers can be spoofed, so if someone can access your page directly, then he can send his own headers, effectively ignoring the timer you've set and stealing all your coins!

Faucet in a Box has a security feature that will disable Reverse Proxy support if it detects any connection that has bypassed the proxy. Hovewer the detection is not perfect, so you shouldn't rely on it. Instead make proper precautions, for example by configuring your firewall to only allow connections from your proxy IP addresses.

If you're using a Reverse Proxy (CloudFlare or Incapsula) choose it from the list below. If your provider is not listed below contact us at support@faucetbox.com

None is always a safe setting, but - as explained above - the timer may be shared between all your users if you're using a proxy.

well, they also offer a solution: make sure the firewall only allows http(s) connections from cloudflare.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:36:02 PM

Probably a stupid question but how can I do this?
This is the first time I use cloudflare so I have a lot to learn Smiley
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 10:03:43 PM

What firewall do you use? Do you have an IP from cloudflare or a range of IPs?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:12:26 PM

What firewall do you use? Do you have an IP from cloudflare or a range of IPs?

I currently don't have a firewall (I thought that this was included with cloudflare) which one do u recommand?And I have an IP from cloudflare it I am correct.
(I have 2 nameservers from cf)
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:24:12 PM

When I enable cloudflare in my admin panel from faucetbox. Faucetbox shuts it down after a while. (like after 5 minutes)
It says: Reverse Proxy provider setting automatically changed back to None, because people viewing your faucet without reverse proxy were detected.
Make sure your reverse proxy is configured correctly!
Why is this happening and how can I fix this?
I also don't get the Checking browser.. thingy.
What am I doing wrong?
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:17:12 PM

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:49:27 PM

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:31:46 PM

2 ip is not enough to prevent your faucet to drain.. many ways to prevent it not only the cloud flare service can give it also the script of your site modify it and change some script to prevent bots to claim in your faucet also better to looks for the ip's in blocklisted ips that you can ad to your block listed..

Also try to get help in some well experienced already success in faucet here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212.0
You can start making your own thread there.. I already ask this before but i forgot the name that can give you some tips or service to protect you faucet from bots and tor claimers or proxy claimers..
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:34:08 PM

2 ip is not enough to prevent your faucet to drain.. many ways to prevent it not only the cloud flare service can give it also the script of your site modify it and change some script to prevent bots to claim in your faucet also better to looks for the ip's in blocklisted ips that you can ad to your block listed..

Also try to get help in some well experienced already success in faucet here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212.0
You can start making your own thread there.. I already ask this before but i forgot the name that can give you some tips or service to protect you faucet from bots and tor claimers or proxy claimers..

I placed the thread in the technical support section. But someone moved it if I am correct.
I allready have a big list with ip's to block.
The only thing I am missing is cloudflare. I think that this can improve my security in a good way. I really want to get rid of all dem bots.
But cloudflare isn't working. Faucetbox keeps turning of cloudflare and cloudflare doesn't check anyone's browser.
And I also don't exactly know how to I can only allow http(s) connections from cloudflare.
Can someone please give me some tips. I watched a shitton of cloudflare set-up vids. But they all show the same. And that isn't working for me.
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:46:53 PM

Can some1 please tell my why this is happening?
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:02:12 PM

Hey,
Best regards,
Jerry

Wow im just thinking why you need to secure you faucet i want to know if that faucet site can earn more than in the other ways of earning. Dont be harsh to me. Im just wondering why you need to cloudflare if your earning there is not too much big. I think if you put cloudflare in your site it will cost too much.
Smedia.Club

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:23:41 PM

adding cloudflare in a growing faucet is not recommended to be honest.
let it grow first.

JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:39:46 PM

Hey,
Best regards,
Jerry

Wow im just thinking why you need to secure you faucet i want to know if that faucet site can earn more than in the other ways of earning. Dont be harsh to me. Im just wondering why you need to cloudflare if your earning there is not too much big. I think if you put cloudflare in your site it will cost too much.

The money is the problem. I don't earn much ATM. Some days are really bad. And I need to earn some to keep the faucet running. (I only earned half of what I paid). So I really need to find smth that can increase my earning. (I was thinking that adding cloudflare would stop the bots from using my site.) And I don't earn anything from bots.
So that's why Smiley

adding cloudflare in a growing faucet is not recommended to be honest.
let it grow first.
I'll wait then. Thanks for the tip bro!
JerryMotov (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:31:31 AM

Okey,
I really need cloudflare. My bitcoins are draining really fast.
and my adsense says that I have 800 pageviews but my host says that I have 40k views (Is this normal?!?!)
How can I get cloudflare to work properly on my faucet.
I really need some help now!!!
Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: