Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legitimate and worthwhile Bitcoin Mining Websites/Programs  (Read 414 times)
netmillionaire (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:39:40 PM

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I am new to Cryptocurrency and I don't fully understand many things. I keep hearing that Mining is an excellent thing, but is there any sites that can Mine for me.

Also, do we mine with our existing Bitcoins/Satoshi. Meaning, do I place the Bitcoins/Satoshi that I have purchased into mining and expect to produce more on top of what I put in.

Again, sorry for my lack of basic knowledge but I am here to learn from the best.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:47:21 PM

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I am new to Cryptocurrency and I don't fully understand many things. I keep hearing that Mining is an excellent thing, but is there any sites that can Mine for me.

Also, do we mine with our existing Bitcoins/Satoshi. Meaning, do I place the Bitcoins/Satoshi that I have purchased into mining and expect to produce more on top of what I put in.

Again, sorry for my lack of basic knowledge but I am here to learn from the best.

Mining is really no longer about the program/website.  It is about the gear you need to do it.  For example if wanting to mine BTC you really need an ASIC you can look at hardware thread to get idea of them and cost.  But cheap electricity and an asic is a must.

There is Ether that can be mined by GPU's.  But it takes a decent GPU to do it so not all computers are going to be up to it.  So again possible investment in gear to be able to mine.  It is most profitable GPU mined coin by far currently.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:56:39 AM

Keep in mind, the person above me states something important which most believe they can still mine.

But the ETH route seems the only viable solution for most, since almost everyone has a GPU in their computer or can acquire one.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:09:01 AM

Keep in mind, the person above me states something important which most believe they can still mine.

But the ETH route seems the only viable solution for most, since almost everyone has a GPU in their computer or can acquire one.

I would have agreed a month ago.   But I think Bitmain's S9 is a game changer for many.  Getting like 2/3rds better efficiency means many that mine with a S7 now will be able to mine after having using a S9 which is a nice surprise.

So there is a chance for those with more "normal" electricity to still be able to mine after having with S9.  S7 still will remain a good machine but it's harder to speculate what the highest electricity price that makes sense to keep mining it will be.  So some with "cheap" and "free" electricity might get some S7 deals after having.  All speculation really at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: