Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:17:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Send BTC from a QR Code on a Macbook?  (Read 436 times)
witch (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:30:35 AM

How do I send BTC from a Paper wallet to an Exchange with a QR Scanner APP? I am Lost!  I do not have a smart phone, I have a macbook air and a QR Scanner app, How to I send the QR Code to the Deposit QR Code? THX!  Huh
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:33:52 AM

How do I send BTC from a Paper wallet to an Exchange with a QR Scanner APP? I am Lost!  I do not have a smart phone, I have a macbook air and a QR Scanner app, How to I send the QR Code to the Deposit QR Code? THX!  Huh

I would have to say it depends if this is a QR code for your public key or private key. If you're looking to scan the private key then you could import it into whichever wallet you use from the clipboard and spend from there.
witch (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:36:42 AM

I would have to say it depends if this is a QR code for your public key or private key. If you're looking to scan the private key then you could import it into whichever wallet you use from the clipboard and spend from there.
I scanned the Private key, it is from a BTC ATM. I do not understand how to send it to the Exchanges QR code with a QR Scanner APP?
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:07:46 AM

I scanned the Private key, it is from a BTC ATM. I do not understand how to send it to the Exchanges QR code with a QR Scanner APP?

You need to import / sweep the private key into a bitcoin client. From there you need to register to an exchange and send the funds to the address they specify. Don't ever use this address again.
witch (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:21:56 AM

You need to import / sweep the private key into a bitcoin client. From there you need to register to an exchange and send the funds to the address they specify. Don't ever use this address again.
Oh, I cant use a QR Scanner APP to Scan the Private QR Code and then send to the deposit QR Code on the exchange??
witch (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:39:35 AM

Ok, I imported to my BTC Core Wallet, Wow,lol
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:54:34 PM

Ok, I imported to my BTC Core Wallet, Wow,lol

So now you can spend them from Bitcoin Core, send them to an exchange to sell/trade them or hold onto them. It sounded like you wanted to send them to an exchange for one reason or another, so sign up for the exchange, get a deposit address and you're good to go. Did that answer your question?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: