Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Companies Are Stockpiling Bitcoin to Pay Off Cybercriminals  (Read 1463 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:38:53 PM

it is shamful because fiat has been used by criminals for years and i dont here anyone complaining about that.....

anyone can twist a story. that can contain some half truths.. but mostly exaggerations to make it sound interesting.
here is one.
headline: bitcoin used for terrorism
terror is the act of using force, torture or intimidation to leave people feeling terrified.
recently US Marshals had a hoard of bitcoins which they subsequently used to fund their training, weapons and court costs to be able to go and terrorize citizens threatening them with weapons to open the door or they will kick it down. removing peoples property. many people can easily admit if they heard a banging at a door from guys with guns threatening to break the door down they would be terrified. and this has been funded by bitcoins.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:46:29 PM

Damn how hard would it be to hire an IT professional who would be doing a daily backup of the company's vital data on a dedicated server? Surely a couple of hard drives and an average salary would be cheaper than a huge random ransom out of the blue one day right? I think companies should up their cyber security and not waste resources on paying criminals in the first place. How can companies with so much capital fall victims to ransomware attacks? Is it just negligence form their side or the hackers are just that good nowadays?

StraightAArdvark

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:48:40 PM

Damn how hard would it be to hire an IT professional who would be doing a daily backup of the company's vital data on a dedicated server? Surely a couple of hard drives and an average salary would be cheaper than a huge random ransom out of the blue one day right? I think companies should up their cyber security and not waste resources on paying criminals in the first place. How can companies with so much capital fall victims to ransomware attacks? Is it just negligence form their side or the hackers are just that good nowadays?

Why not share your vast IT sec expertise with these companies? I'm sure they'll appreciate it Smiley

it is shamful because fiat has been used by criminals for years and i dont here anyone complaining about that.....
Sure you did, Friend, sure you did. Regular folk just don't call it called fiat, they call it "money."
All them crime dramas on the telly about bank robbers and meth cooks? Yeah, those are about fiat.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:40:51 PM

I'm hoarding some nice weed, for my friend who may visit one day. My friend is a criminal.
It's not for me.

Can In get tax relief on that? Hope my bank manager wont mind.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: