Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:13:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to forum, love bitcoins, want to start webhosting with bitcoins  (Read 568 times)
minerguy91 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:25:56 PM

Hello to everyone here.  Thanks for all the information you guys have given me too.

I love bitcoins, because by their nature, they allow for perfect unhindered, anonymous, free and instant trade.  Hell you could build a civilization off of bitcoins, because they facilitate trade.

I have two VPS's that I use to host my own websites, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a basic inexpensive hosting service or if you guys think It'd take off and be successful?

I am shooting for:
* Anonymous and quick sign-up where we take your email and name, and if you want extra optional security a mobile cell phone number.
Then you pay with bitcoins, it's confirmed and you're done son.  No stupid paypal billing agreements, nothing.  Just sign up and you get what you're promised for that period.

*Basic hosting, mysql backup, site backup, etc.

Right now I use Zpanel, but do you guys think It would be worth it to pay for cPAnel/WHMCS for autosignup and bitpay module?

Also, do you guys think I'd get business?  Where should I advertise?  Anything else you'd like to seee?

thanks! Grin
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:30:35 PM

I usually look for postgresql and linux based server.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:19:14 PM

Hello to everyone here.  Thanks for all the information you guys have given me too.

I love bitcoins, because by their nature, they allow for perfect unhindered, anonymous, free and instant trade.  Hell you could build a civilization off of bitcoins, because they facilitate trade.

I have two VPS's that I use to host my own websites, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a basic inexpensive hosting service or if you guys think It'd take off and be successful?

I am shooting for:
* Anonymous and quick sign-up where we take your email and name, and if you want extra optional security a mobile cell phone number.
Then you pay with bitcoins, it's confirmed and you're done son.  No stupid paypal billing agreements, nothing.  Just sign up and you get what you're promised for that period.

*Basic hosting, mysql backup, site backup, etc.

Right now I use Zpanel, but do you guys think It would be worth it to pay for cPAnel/WHMCS for autosignup and bitpay module?

Also, do you guys think I'd get business?  Where should I advertise?  Anything else you'd like to seee?

thanks! Grin

I'm not reading too carefully where you are hosted, but expect that people that use your services will use it for illegal stuff and spam. As long as you're hosted somewhere that doesn't matter, you should be fine.

Read low end box for horrors of accepting bitcoin and hosting in some place like the USA.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Antti

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:46:24 PM

Maybe you could start a service that offers support excluding hosting (so you dont need to do any support, also the price would be cheaper). I've heard of this kind of service but not with bitcoin payments. Like the idea, make it happen and when you know you will make huge profits, feel free donate me at 1LBYkd5S7oa8jTZgzJFWk9f5kxw22XyUqj
Diana

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:11:50 PM

What users/websites do you target exactly? Whether cPanel is truly needed or not depends on the answer to this question.

As someone said earlier, as a customer I'd also look for a Linux-based server and postgresql at least.

And personally I'd try to gauge your technical expertise and approach to business from the way you try to sell your service - with a concise and pertinent presentation scoring highest.

Hope that helps.
Kevin K

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 01:54:16 AM

Cpanel is widely used control panel that many customers prefer. I think for the extra $14-$35 it is a good investment. Especially for those that might want to migrate to your hosting service and are already on cpanel.

Nobody can tell you if you are going to get business or not. This all depends on your business plan, your service level, and your target audience. Your best bet is to write down a detailed business plan that will separate you from other hosting companies. If you don't do this, you will just be another name in the hundreds of thousands web hosts already out there.

Kevin Kopp -  MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
LiteSpeed Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting
View All Our Monthly Discounts & Coupons: Click Here
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 05:04:58 AM

I am shooting for:
Whilst I understand the claimed  link between anonymity and bitcoin, not having the details of clients and yet providing hosting to them is asking for law-enforcement to turn up at your provider and have the VPS pulled from the 'net

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
minerguy91 (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:53:58 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 10:04:13 PM by minerguy91

I'm not reading too carefully where you are hosted, but expect that people that use your services will use it for illegal stuff and spam. As long as you're hosted somewhere that doesn't matter, you should be fine.

Read low end box for horrors of accepting bitcoin and hosting in some place like the USA.

Whilst I understand the claimed  link between anonymity and bitcoin, not having the details of clients and yet providing hosting to them is asking for law-enforcement to turn up at your provider and have the VPS pulled from the 'net

Shocked oh my god

I've been thinking about it, and I think I'm going to start local and see about building a client base first.

Then, when I have more time and hopefully some friends joining in, we can keep an eye on what's being stored on our servers.  Then we can expand to a larger market, making sure we are aware of anything that violates our TOS, since the VPS's (and I) are in the USA.

Cpanel is widely used control panel that many customers prefer. I think for the extra $14-$35 it is a good investment. Especially for those that might want to migrate to your hosting service and are already on cpanel.
For local people, I would offer personal migration assistance and training with the new control panel.  I like one-on-one help anyway, I've done it for computer repair and user training.  I've already migrated several sites I own to zpanel (see: http://fourchandiy.com/site-migration-panic-jpg) so I'm quite familiar with it.  Then later on, I'd definitely offer cPanel and WHMCS for ease of clients.

Thank you guys for the HEEDED advice for a newbie!  I've significantly revised my plan after reading this thread.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: