Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:13:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest on asic miner or is it too late?  (Read 1482 times)
ultimateteam4 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:12:56 PM

Considering investing on the jalapeno or the little single.
People who have more knowledge of me on bitcoin mining- nearly everyone-  please give me some advice.
Is it actually worth investing considering that if I pre-order it now I will have it by June? (according to butterfly labs office)
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 12:51:02 AM

Is it actually worth investing considering that if I pre-order it now I will have it by June? (according to butterfly labs office)

Nobody can tell you whether or not it will be profitable to pre-order an ASIC as nobody can know for sure, but I will say one thing, BFL originally said the release date for the ASIC's was October 2012, and due to delays it keeps getting pushed back, so there is a high probability you won't get it in June if you order one.

battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 12:57:57 AM

I pre-ordered mine about a week ago, and customer service said the goal was June for new per-orders, sooner if possible. They still havn't gotten the first batch out first, but this could just mean that once they get the existing orders filled they will be able to process orders much faster. So you are looking at anywhere between May-October Roll Eyes

Kinda like how BTC's value by then could be between $15-$120 ^.^
James Bond

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:30:34 AM

PrimeAsic claims to be shipping now, though their product hasn't been verified yet.
ultimateteam4 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:09:02 AM

PrimeAsic claims to be shipping now, though their product hasn't been verified yet.

hmm i've never heard of it before..1st one i see that's from europe.
anyone else heard of this company/is it legit
ultimateteam4 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:12:17 AM

I pre-ordered mine about a week ago, and customer service said the goal was June for new per-orders, sooner if possible. They still havn't gotten the first batch out first, but this could just mean that once they get the existing orders filled they will be able to process orders much faster. So you are looking at anywhere between May-October Roll Eyes

which one did you order man?
haa i remember BTC's value around december being 6pounds/9$ and i chose not to buy bitcoins..
really..really smart choice Roll Eyes  Tongue
Gamesfreak13563

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:39:26 AM

Nobody can tell you whether or not it will be profitable to pre-order an ASIC as nobody can know for sure, but I will say one thing, BFL originally said the release date for the ASIC's was October 2012, and due to delays it keeps getting pushed back, so there is a high probability you won't get it in June if you order one.

Has anyone called any investigators on them, i.e. the police? Seems logical considering how fraudulent they appear.
Vicarious1

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:50:50 AM

The delays might be due to them trying to figure out how to spend the millions that have already collected and or count the millions they have already collected. I wish I was involved in this BTC game earlier, who doesn't say that, but I may have tried to create my own damn ASIC. How can it seriously take this long. Dis eez boooshit.
ultimateteam4 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:55:15 AM

The delays might be due to them trying to figure out how to spend the millions that have already collected and or count the millions they have already collected. I wish I was involved in this BTC game earlier, who doesn't say that, but I may have tried to create my own damn ASIC. How can it seriously take this long. Dis eez boooshit.

so f**ng true. Feel like banging my head on the wall every damn day that I didn't get involve earlier.
Vicarious1

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:25:05 AM

But yeah, this is a hard question because there are a lot of variables that can be unique to the individual but here are some things to consider.

#1. How much does $149 or $649 mean to you?

#2. If you get it by June will the difficulty increase from all the other ASICs entering the pool dilute the investment?

#3. Will the value of Bitcoins go so high that it will even out the difficulty increase?

#4. Will you kick yourself in the ass for not at least attempting to purchase a cheap ASIC?

#5. How much is it worth to you to simply support something that is different and might make sense on a few different levels?

#6. Do you like watching numbers increment?

Lol...I put that last one on there because for some really silly reason I just like watching numbers/data go up and down. Even downloading files/games from the internet was pretty mezmorizing for me as a kid, but that was back in the day when 14.4 was fast.  Smiley
battmann

Activity: 182

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:50:10 AM

which one did you order man?
haa i remember BTC's value around december being 6pounds/9$ and i chose not to buy bitcoins..
really..really smart choice Roll Eyes  Tongue

The one named after a pepper or some shit. I am not too worried; I order using PP and if it doesn't arrive/they are found out to be fraudulent I know how to win a PP dispute. If it does arrive, yay! New toy that was outdated by the time I thought about ordering one...

But seriously, its too late unless you have about 20 friends and all are chipping in on the one named after *some other stupid thing bigger than a pepper*.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 04:54:43 AM

There's also the possibility of never getting one.

relay1

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 09:07:05 AM

everything about bitcoin is a risk.  If you're not a gambler, you should probably get out.
OC19850520

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 09:43:52 AM

My analysis is that if you were first in line yes ASIC would be a good idea. However the queue is now very , very long to get your hands on one if you order right now. By the time you actually get one I think they will have dropped to just above breaking even.

this was my guess as well, is there any good estimaion how many THashes have been ordered?
Turok

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:33:22 PM

too late to order one now unless you are willing to pay like $10k for Avalon 1/2 batch or BFL early orders.
Antti

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:45:47 PM

I suggest you to wait for the next generation asics. the shoes, yes.
Warhawk24

Activity: 241
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:52:28 PM

im still not convinced that most of them are legit, im stickin with GPU for now (free power woot)
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:29:50 PM

Not sure about this but I think that Avalon's ASICs are already shipped, so if you don't trust BFL you could buy from Avalon (but yeah: it's really expensive)
btw there are a lot of people saying something like "if they could mine 100 times faster with their processors why would they sell them, it must be a scam!!1", but hey: how much time do you need with the fastest miner to obtain enough blocks to make back your investment, and how many miners would you need to get rich? you'll have to do a really big investment. And also you should trust that the value of bitcoin will at least be stay stable until you get all the blocks... but I actually don't know anything about BFL, this is just my vision about selling miners Smiley

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 09:00:11 PM

well iv got 3 jalapenos in pre order from BFL the reason i got 3 small ones is reliability so if one gets a fault i can leave the other 2 running and not loose all mining capability and 2.i can have them on different pools and\or different coins if other coins prove worthwhile

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: